'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for zrevene (ZachR) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I enjoyed listening to Zach R read chapter 7 in Hunting In Many Lands.

I was sitting in my office in Fresno so the story, which mentioned the Fresno area, was even that much more interesting.

James

All of ZachR's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Algy Pug (Algy Pug) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/the-kybalion-by-th ... initiates/

I want to thank the reader Algy Pug for his reading of the kyballion….this book changed my life and his reading of it is absolutely outstanding. His voice and cadence suit the subject material perfectly and really frame the material well. I also appreciate his choices in the books on mentalism and occult topics. I often re listen to the kyballion during difficult times as it reminds me of the true nature of reality and to not worry so much. I have made it a sort of personal mission to turn on as many people I can to the type of material Algy reads.

All of Algy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SmokestackJones (Glen Hallstrom) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Glen Hallstrom - Your wonderful reading of A Christmas Carol brought the tale to life as no movie has ever done! I started the season on Monday by listening as I decorated our Christmas tree. I always seem to end up doing the honors alone, but this year I had the best of company!

Rose
Aurora, Colorado

All of Glen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert), sjmarky (Mark Nelson) and Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Librivox,

Please pass on my regards and thank-yous to Messers Chenevert, Nelson and Snelson who have provided me with hours of excellent and exciting reading - they bring alive some great stories I would never have otherwise heard of if it weren't for Librivox and their readings.

Many thanks!

James
All of Phil's recordings!
All of Mark's recordings!
All of Ralph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

You did a wonderful job of bringing The Talleyrand Maxim to life for listeners of your reading. Thank You.
and...
Thank you Kevin, you are such a fantastic reader. I enjoy your reading style better than any other.
and...
Dear Mr. Green,

I received great pleasure from listening to Mr. Sponge’s Sporting Tour.

I cannot imagine how it could have been read better than you read it.

The voices! Lord Scamperdale and Mr. Leather.

Thank you so much for your efforts.

Toney

Indiana, USA

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you so much for your elegant, professional rendition of James' prose. I listened to your version of The Ambassadors several years ago during preparation for my doctoral exam, and remain thoroughly impressed with your reading. Your voice remains vivid in my mind, as is the novel, which is one of my favorites (the line, "I like, she said, your name" is among the rocks that roll round my mind most days). A faculty member once advised me: recitation is the first interpretation. I remain thoroughly impressed with yours.

Thank you,

Austin

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

The Blue Lagoon
H. De Vere STACPOOLE
Read by Adrian Praetzellis
https://librivox.org/the-blue-lagoon-by ... stacpoole/

Dear Adrian

Another beautiful recording that has brought great pleasure.
Thank you for bringing the world of The Blue Lagoon to me.

Best wishes
and...
Adrian,

I just finished listening to Children of the Ghetto and want to thank you for your superb readings of Israel Zangwill. I would not have known about Zangwill without them and I'm deeply grateful -- because of you, I sought out his series of "Ghetto" books online, and have ordered several of them for my Judaic bookshelf. I've listened to hundreds (perhaps more!) Librivox stories and these have been among my favorites. I will first in line to hear more, if you continue to read Zangwill (or anything, truthfully). Thank you, thank you, Adrian... this author's stories are so rich, and important to pass on, and you read them with wonderful expression.

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for russiandoll (Philippa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Philippa!

I just listened to "The Man Who Would Be King" read by yourself. It was a gorgeous reading. Really immersed me in the story. You did a great job providing different voices for each character and modulating your speed to match the mood of the scene. It was great. Thank you for such a service!

Also, to the LibriVox community at large, thank you all for the work you do! I'm currently studying "The Classics" and I have been able to find great readings of Thucydides, Homer, etc...

Bless you all for the wonderful service you provide the public,

Jonathan

All of Philippa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sandra7 (Sandra G) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your reading of I say no by Wilkie Collins, Your voice was so expressive of each character's personality and made the story even more entertaining. Thank you for sharing with us!

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mark

GREAT EXPECTATIONS

Thank you for a most enjoyable listening experience.

I loved the book, which I have read a couple of times; I loved the movie as well; and I really loved your reading of it – so much so that I am now looking for other readings done by you!

Cath

and...
Dear LibriVox,

It would honor me greatly if you would pass along my warmest appreciations to Mark F. Smith. I have listened to many of his recorded readings over the years and have found them universally wonderful. His range is astounding. His choice of books to read varied and encyclopedic. I listen to his readings during the day, and they lull me to happy sleep at night.

I just read the Wikipedia article on Simpsonville, South Carolina, where Mr. Smith calls home. I was confounded when his name did not appear in the list of the town’s notables. I think someone from LibriVox should add his name to the list with the number of his readings and the applause of his fans well mentioned. His contribution is just as significant in his field as are those of the ones listed.

Whenever I listen to one of Mr. Smith’s readings, I sink into the notion that the author himself is reading the book. I can think of no higher praise.

Thanks for having Mr. Smith be such a prolific and pleasing representative of LibriVox.

Sincerely,

Joe

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Elizabeth –

I have just finished listening to your entire reading of Alfred Tennyson’s 'In Memoriam' and wanted to say thank you. I followed the text while listening and your reading helped me stay with it and understand the feeling behind the words. It’s a long powerful poem and you read it beautifully – well-paced, not over-dramatic, crisply enunciated, with pleasing rhythms. It was quite a tour de force! Well done. I hope it was as much a pleasure to read as it was to listen to. I’m sure I will remember your rendition and always associate it now with the poem.

Warm wishes

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Karen Savage,

I want to tell you how much I appreciate your readings. I listen to a chapter of Anne of Green Gables or Pride and Prejudice as I fall asleep almost nightly. Your versions are better than most professional versions I have heard. Thank you so much for donating your time,

Bridgette

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ashleighjane (ashleighjane) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I want to say I very grateful thank you to Ashleigh Jane. I love her voice, and I could listen to her all day and night long. She keeps me on the edge of my seat as I listen to her read the mystery books. I wish there were more like her.

Sincerely,
Darren

All of ashleighjane's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
VoxUndVoxi

Post by VoxUndVoxi »

Liebe Eva K.,

dankeschön für Deine tolle, abwechslungsreiche Lesung von Reise um die Erde in 80 Tagen. Wir hatten das Stück im Sommer auf unserer Autofahrt nach Südfrankreich dabei. Für die Kinder und uns verging die Zeit wie im Fluge!

Viele Grüße von
VoxUndVoxi

@Admin: PM to reader sent as well.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for maxfarce (Don W. Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I've been listening to The Ashiel Mystery while trying to get though a bout of the flu. The story started out pretty good, but became silly by the end with it's Nihilist plot reconciliation. Don W, Jenkin's reading style added greatly to the general silliness. Good choice.

Tim

All of Don's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!