'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Margaret Espaillat,

I have just finished listening to Middlemarch and I want to express my appreciation for your beautiful reading of this book. Your reading was such a delight that now, in looking for my next audio book, instead of looking for "author", I'm going to look to see what else you've recorded and find another by Margareet Espaillat!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Yvonne

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, TADHG, for your sensitive reading of The Woodlanders....interesting that your gentle brogue suits the sense and feeling of TH’s writing so well....lovely!

Best wishes
Sue

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thestorygirl (thestorygirl) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to thank you for your excellent efforts with librivox. I have so enjoyed your reading of Pollyanna and your inclusions in Anne of Green Gables. I look forward to finding other books you have shared! You make the books come alive through the author’s words.

All of thestorygirl's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Helen Taylor and Librivox

Thank you for your audio recording of Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray (version 2). I have listened to this wonderful volume, let’s just say more than once.

Ms Taylor your voice, accents and talent for characterization are truly sublime gifts. I am immensely grateful to you and Librivox for having created and published this work for the world to enjoy.

Yours faithfully,

Rus

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Nicholson: I want to express my gratitude for the wonderful hours of wholesome leisure that your reading of Barnaby Rudge has provided me.

Your reading cadence, inflexion and tone of voice when interpreting different characters makes the listening an extremely pleasant experience that prompts imaginary pictures in my mind as the reading proceeds.

I have installed several portable speakers around the house so I can listen to your reading, no matter where I am located within and without the house.

One again, my sincere admiration and gratitude to you ..... thank you!!!!

Carlos

British Columbia, Canada

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ezwa (Ezwa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Merci Ezwa pour votre lecture des Liaisons dangereuses (https://librivox.org/les-liaisons-dangereuses-by-choderlos-de-laclos/).
J'avais eu, une fois, envie de lire ce livre, mais j'avais abandonné. J'ai découvert par la suite les livres audio, et j'ai vraiment adoré votre voix ! Les autres lecteurs du livre ont fait un excellent travail, mais j'étais déçue quand je ne reconnaissais pas la personne qui lisait.
Bref, au plaisir de vous entendre à nouveau (je vois que vous êtes très active !), et merci encore.

All of Ezwa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To Librivox,

I'd like to extend my thanks to the volunteer reader Mark Smith!

I've been listening to LibriVox titles for some time now, and always enjoy the readings. However, I began more recently to notice that I was hearing your voice a lot, and now I'm actively seeking out readings made by you! I very much enjoy listening to your readings of H G Wells, Jules Verne, Arthur Conan Doyle and Daniel Defoe. I have a large list of titles I want to listen to, so I've just been burning some time working out which ones I can do from your extensive list of readings!

Many thanks from a devoted listener,

Steve

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for m8b1 (Maria Therese) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for the wonderful work you did reading Fabiola and other religious works. These works are my companions as I drive the longs hour of my mission trips. God bless you!

Fr. Nkamuke

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
redaer

Post by redaer »

Der Spieler
https://librivox.org/der-spieler-by-fyodor-dostoyevsky/

Herzlichen Dank für dieses schöne Hörbuch, Welfenelfe. Das Zuhören hat mir viel Freude bereitet.

Grüße

PM sent to Welfenelfe
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I loved this comment on Twitter: "Pamela Nagami is one of my favourite readers. I have imbibed unhealthy amounts of history just to hear her tell it."

8-)

Sending PM to her so she sees this.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for as101 (as101) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello!

We very much enjoyed your story telling :)

THanks so much and keep up the great work.

Donna and Melia from Texas
All of as101's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GreggMargarite (Greg Margarite) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Gregg Margarite for such an amazing voice and reading classics of science fiction so well. After listening to about fifty or so classic science fiction stories read by Gregg I decided to try my hand at writing my own short stories. As I type the words I can’t help but hear them being read in Gregg’s voice! -Derek

All of Gregg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leni (Leni) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for recording O Alienista !!!

https://librivox.org/o-alienista-by-machado-de-assis/

and...

Cara Leni,

É só para dizer que adorei ouvir a sua leitura dos Contos Fluminenses e Histórias da Meia-Noite do Machado de Assis; muito obrigado. Eu sou fã do Machado, e a cadência e entoação da sua leitura estão perfeitas e fizeram da minha audição dos Contos um verdadeiro prazer. E já agora, uma sugestão/pedido: em futuras leituras do Machado e contemporâneos dele, eu preferiria uma edição conforme a original, sem a linguagem modernizada; por exemplo com "cousa" e "dous" originais do Machado, em vez de "coisa" e "dois".

Mais uma vez, obrigado

Jacinto

https://librivox.org/contos-fluminenses-e-historias-da-meia-noite-by-joaquim-maria-machado-de-assis/

All of Leni's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Stewart

I just finished listening to your recording of Melville's Moby Dick.

What a thrilling book!

You have brought the language, the
passion, the journey and the madness
of the time, the story and the chase
into a most rich listening experience.

What an epic piece of writing and equally,
what an epic piece of work your recording is.

Bravo! and thank you!!

Len

and...
Thank you, Stewart! What an amazing job you did reading this. This was my first LibroVox book, and I was so impressed. I was expecting an amateur reading but you were nothing but! I particularly liked your Stub voice, but you really made the whole book come alive. I’ve finally fulfilled a long time goal of mine to read this book which I was assigned in High School, but could never get past the first sentence “Call me Ishmael”...... I must have read that sentence a thousand times. Well....I now know more about whales and whaling than I ever thought possible, and I know a bit more about philosophy too.

Jordan

and...

Dear Stewart Wills and everyone else who helped produce Moby Dick,

Thank you! Outstanding production! Really made my drive to New York and back so pleasurable.

Sincerely,
Aaron

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Bedankt Bart de Leeuw voor de fantastische vertelling van "De reis om de wereld in 80 dagen" en "Gulliver's travels". Ik heb er erg van genoten!

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!