'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for obform (R. S. Steinberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to take a moment to thank reader R.S. Steinberg for his reading of The Oregon Trail by Francis Parkman. It is great to have such a good, talented reader cover the whole book.

I'm a part time rural mail carrier, and have greatly enjoyed listening to the book. Luckily, I see that Mr Steinberg also has other interesting books of Librox I can check into.

So, Thanks!

Chris
Prague OK

All of R. S.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
obform

Post by obform »

* blush *

Thank you...

I've been writing rather than recording for a while, but maybe I should do some more.
aerikbjornsson

Post by aerikbjornsson »

icequeen wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 8:58 pm Praise received for aerickbjornsson (Ærik Bjornsson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ærik:

SusanI want you to know how much I appreciate your narration of History of the Norwegian People, Volume 1. This is really a wonderful book, and I thank you for all the time you spent on the lovely narration.

The book mentions the great influence Norway had on the British Isles during their early development. I think a glance at a Middle English Dictionary (available online) would be very enlightening on this point. Again, thank you so much.

Susan

All of Ærik's recordings!
Wish I could thank her back! Little stuff like this makes it all worth it :9:
Thanks for listening Susan! Wherever you are!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Librivox and hello to a wonderful reader, Andrea Fiore.

I am able to catch up on one my most easily understood Spiritual writers, James Allen, thanks to Andrea's extensive coverage of most of his works.

Besides the above I have enjoyed several other books read by Andrea, the latest being by Prentice Mulford, "Thoughts are things ". This book is not an easy exercise for anyone's immediate comprehension & action but to have a consistent and clear reading of the real intent of the author makes my task much easier.

Thank you for your efforts Andrea and I hope you enjoy your reading for others for many years into the future.

Cheers,

Richard
Bangkok

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DSayers (Denny Sayers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Julius Caesar:

I want to thank you for your reading. The extra long pauses after every single sentence just made the play flow so well. I have not heard any of your other readings but, I hope that all of them contain the unhalting and completely necessary extra long pauses and the snail's pace reading.

All of Denny's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Karen,

I recently finished listening to your reading of The Scarlet Pimpernel and wished to thank you for the time and thought you put into the work.

I was impressed by the clarity and pace of your reading, as well as just the right amount of emotion and characterisation into different speakers. Nice work with some of the difficult French pronunciation too!

Now you've thoroughly spoiled me, I have the challenge of finding another book I want to listen to with a reader of a similar caliber. Early indications are that it won't be an easy task.

Thanks again,

Rob

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Martin,

Just wanted to say thanks for your reading of THE IDIOT. Although unfinished, I believe, it gave my girlfriend and I many hours of pleasure listening before we went to sleep or at picnic in the park. As an artist myself, I understand putting work out there and not always knowing if people are seeing it and if it's touching them. Just wanted to say we loved your reading and thank you!

Tom and Laura

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mrs. Nicholson,

Thank you very much for your superb reading of Oliver Twist.

You brought the story to life. It must be so rewarding to perform a story so well!

Thank you,
James

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am just enjoying Castle Richmond. It is helping me get through a difficult time in my life and I want to say thank you for donating your time and skill.

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoelBadrian (NoelBadrian) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Noel Badrian for such a delightful reading of 2 books so far. I have begun to search under your name only for books to listen to. I have just completed "Jacob Faithful" which I loved. Your voice and diction add so much to my experience. I appreciate so much a person with your experience taking the time out of your schedule to give this gift to others. God bless you.

All of NoelBadrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the Readers of the group project Tales of Laughter from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To The Readers,

I would like to thank each and every one of you for your splendid reading of
Tales of Laughter by Kate Douglas WIGGIN and Nora Archibald SMITH

https://librivox.org/tales-of-laughter-by-kate-douglas-wiggin/

Special thanks to Anne for her quick response/resolution to an inquiry I had regarding this work. I also want to urge you SuperNebula to record/read more stuff as I enjoyed your reading in this work.

All The Best,
Ahmed
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This thank you note is for Karen Savage, the reader who read Pride and Prejudice. The link for the version is https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-by-jane-austen-2/ .

Your voice is lovely and your diction is wonderful. Hearing my favorite book of all time in your British accent with all of the voice modulations perfectly done made my experience of reading Pride and Prejudice even better than it already was. Thank you very much for that!

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lisastatler (Lisa Statler) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank Lisa Statler for her reading of "The Sorrows of Satan"

Thank you so very much for your reading of The Sorrows of Satan. You gave a wonderful life to the story that really complimented the sentimental and flowery vocabulary of Corelli's writing. Your voice for Lucio was fantastic, a great mix of sinister, jaded, and full of pain. It perfectly fit the character. I also enjoyed your voice for Mavis Clare very much! Very cheerful and how I now imagine Corelli was herself.

I see that you are currently doing a reading of Ardath and have just recently finished The Life Everlasting. I am looking forward to listening to them both!

All of Lisa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for downey8kids (Brett W. Downey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Book link:
https://librivox.org/fighting-the-flying-circus-by-eddie-rickenbacker/

Hello Brett,

Many years ago, probably around when I was in High School, I read Eddie Rickenbacker's Fighting the Flying Circus, but I'm now 61 and my wife and I listened to your recording of this marvelous book recently, and we both were so impressed with your reading! In our opinion, you are the standard all other readers can be measured against. Not that we have a lot of experience, we only started listening to audio books a few months ago, but we've heard several dozen readers and some are very good -- but none have come close to your style and perfect inflection, emoting, change of voice for different speakers, etc.. We especially appreciated the careful pronunciation of the French words -- including, often, a momentary pause before many of them. It was very easy to listen carefully and drive safely at the same time, for instance! And what a wonderful book too! A thoroughly enjoyable experience (at least, were it not such a tragic story being told, but fortunately our hero survived and even lived to a ripe old age!).

Very truly yours,

Ace and Sharon
Carlsbad, CA

All of Brett's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Tricia, Thank you so much for the many books you have read on Librivox! Your reading is clear and easy to understand.
I have enjoyed many of your books, especially the books by "Pansy". The Ester Ried series is my favorite, but I think I have listened to all of her books. Thank you for making these books available!
You have brought many hours of enjoyment.

I appreciate that you record many solo books. I struggle to understand some readers, but know that I will be able to understand and enjoy your reading.
Thanks again.

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!