'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
audiobooksunleashed

Post by audiobooksunleashed »

Sure thing! I'll keep an eye out for these comments and see if I can hunt some of the older ones. Here are two more recent comments, not quite as elaborate but still:

For Kevin Green's reading of "The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katharine Green", Anita Kerse wrote:
Superb voice to listen to.

For Clive Catterall's reading of "Sir Nigel by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle", Misty Flowers wrote:
Wonderful reader!
audiobooksunleashed

For Christi Lupher's reading of "The Key Note by Clara Louise Burnham", Anita Kerse wrote:
A beautiful reading.
audiobooksunleashed

For Winston Tharp's reading of "Adventures Of The Infallible Godahl by Frederick Irving Anderson", Georgina Bakboord wrote:
goed verhaal, en goed voorgelezen. interessant voor herfst-/winteravonden.

Google translation: "good story, and well read. interesting for autumn / winter evenings."
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LenXZ1 (Leonard Wilson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wanted to thank reader, Leonard Wilson for his delightful reading of some of the stories from The Heptameron of the Tales of Margaret, Queen of Navarre. I am a graduate student studying French Language and Literature and I often use Librivox to review readings I have done in French to check my comprehension. As the original stories of the Heptameron were written in Middle French they are particularly hard to decipher. Thank you Mr. Wilson for your delightful interpretation of the reading. It was done with great diction and theatricality. I truly enjoyed it.
Je vous remercie,

H.W.

All of Leonard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Evers,

Librivox is simply great. I love it. It’s one of the best things I’ve have ever found on the Internet. Your reading makes it an exceptional treasure. After listening to all of the solo Anthony Trollope recordings, I decided to search the catalogue by reader (you). I thought the seagulls screeing in The Inner Shrine were delightful. I am currently on Part 1 Chapter 4 of The Marriage of William Ashe.

Et voilà, another Librivox free prize! I am introduced to new works and authors I may never have heard of otherwise. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Suzann
Corpus Christi, Texas

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eugene Pinto (Eugene Pinto) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just spent a lovely time in the company of Mark Twain and his trials with bicycle-riding as read by Eugene Pinto. Decided he could probably make the phone directory sound good ..

Many thanks!

All of Eugene's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am listening to Sir Gibbie by George MacDonald. I think you do such a good job reading. You are clear and do a very convincing Scots dialect. ???

Alan

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you very much for your reading of Middlemarch. You have done a great job - your interpretation of the characters is expressive yet contained. Your clear voice has become a faithful companion during my morning walks in the park.

My name is Derval. I am Brazilian and my native language is Portuguese. I am halfway through the book which was a wonderful surprise for me. I could hardly imagine that George Eliot was such a "modern" writer and that such a profound and thorough description of rural life and of the role of the woman in England in 1830 could be so full of wit and humor.

I imagine that nowadays there are many people unwilling to embark on such a long journey as Middlemarch. They don't know what they are missing, specially if guided by your steady and pleasing voice. Thank you very much.

Derval

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jocclev (Jim Clevenger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant:

Mr. Clevenger ! Thank you so much for your splendid reading of Grants bio. I listened while doing my walking. and yes I have been to most of the battle fields. Again thanks

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Greetings,

Just wanted to let you know how much I thoroughly enjoyed your reading of Henry James's The Portrait of a Lady. Your voice, tempo, and intonations all were pleasant. The book is a huge work, and I appreciate the time and effort you invested to provide this excellent audio version.

I was happy to see your name listed among the readers for my next audiobook selection--Dracula.

Best regards,
Sarah

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Termin Dyan (Termin Dyan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Dyan,

I wanted to express my enormous appreciation for your rendering of THE MOON AND SIXPENCE. It was a perfect union of a work of art and a beautiful and meticulous reading. Your voices were all pitch-perfect (Charles Strickland particularly). This book inspired my artistic longings when I was a young man, and should be read - or listened to - by anyone who aspires to be an artist or writer or composer or sculptor.

Thank you again.
Richard

All of Termin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clupher (Christi Lupher) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just listen to your reading of The Key Note. I enjoyed it immensely. Thank you for taking the time to read to those of us who need a companion as we go about our daily work.

All of Christi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your time and talents in reading Doctor Thorne. Your reading was excellent and I plan to hear more of the books you have recorded for your Librivox audience. I can only imagine the time it takes to record your readings and am grateful that readers like you donate so much of themselves to the rest of us.

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Kevin, you are by far, my favorite reader. Thank you so much!! If you ever get the time, please read some to the early golden age of detective novels. Please reread some of the many of the already read books. The Cleek of Scotland Yard by Hanshew would be a great place to start. Thank you very much, Tony

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AmethystA (Mary Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mary,

I’ve just finished listening to your reading of Just David. I enjoyed so much your lovely speaking voice and your fluid, relaxed reading.

The book was a favorite of my dad’s. He painted beautiful mountain landscapes and used to give away his paintings with copies of Just David!

It was a great pleasure to re-visit this precious book; your rendition of it made it especially valuable.

Many thanks,

Linda

All of Mary's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!