'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AGSec (Graham Redman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/xenophons-anabasis/

I just wanted to say that Graham's reading of the first chapter/section of Xenophon's Anabasis is absolutely excellent.. due to the professional quality of his reading I thought, for a moment, I was listening to an Audible version or something.

I will definitely be looking for Graham's other titles.

Thanks very much and thanks to librivox as well for providing such an amazing service.

All of Graham's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Great Gatsby:
Dear Kara,

I’ve just finished listening to your recording and it was WONDERFUL! As someone who lives in Long Island, not far from East Egg, I’ve felt a deep connection to the story. You would make Fitzgerald proud.

Very truly yours,

Larry

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks so much for all your efforts. I have listened to a dozen books you read, most recently Captains Courageous by Rudyard Kipling.

You have a true talent and I appreciate your work!

Many thanks.
and...
Dear Sir,
I want to thank you for the excellent narrations you’ve done on Librivox. So far I’ve listened to “The Mark Of Zorro”, “The Memoirs Of Col. Mosby”, and Abner Doubleday’s reminiscences. I really appreciate your talent, please keep up the great work!-Andrew (in the mountains of Oregon)
and...
Mark,

Thank you for taking the time and doing such a great job of reading Ben Hur.

https://librivox.org/ben-hur-a-tale-of-the-christ-by-lew-wallace/

Yours,
Bradley
and...
Specific reading - https://librivox.org/give-me-liberty-by-patrick-henry/

Wow, Mark. You’ve absolutely blown me away.

I’ve been listening to Librivox for many years, working my way through classics that I’ve never read or never even heard of. You are one of many readers that I enjoy so much that I often look at what they have read to decide what to download. You’ve narrations are always artfully done and enjoyably, even if some of the books are a bit of a challenge (wordy, boring, angsty or didn’t age well). I’ve probably worked my way through half of your offerings.

This morning I finally listened to your masterful rendition of Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death, which, I suppose, I might have read in school but only remember that last line.

Again, I say - You blew me away. You totally brought it to life. You must have read it in a large space like a state house or church. The acoustics were awesome and you… well, Wow.

So, Thanks Mark, for this and all your work with Librivox.

Sincerely - from the Left Coast to the Right Coast

Hollie
Moss Beach, CA

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for knotyouraveragejo (J.M. Smallheer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hey,

I was hoping to thank the reader of Chapman Cohen's "Theism or Atheism". It's quite a fantastic thing for her to read and I definitely appreciate it. Her voice goes wonderfully with the text and I thought you would be able to send my email to her.
I was not expecting to see the text and hear her voice with it. I'm thanks for the recording and that she has other recordings to hear.

Thanks,
Jeremy

All of Jo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for m8b1 (Maria Therese) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Maria Therese,

We are a devout Catholic couple with twelve children. We have heard your voice in several books and have been delighted and impressed with each of your readings. We have just finished the book Outlaws of Ravenhurtst. We enjoyed the book and appreciated the changes you made in your voice for different characters. You do an excellent job and we want to thank you. May God and Our Lady bless you!

Sincerely in Christ,

Bob and Theresa

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Custom of the Country:

Many thanks for a brilliant reading!

Best wishes,

Jane

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rosea (RoseA) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for reading "The Bruised Reed." I've listened to it several times, and I'll listen to it again. I'm going to listen to A Divine Cordial by Watson. Again, thank you, "The Broken Reed" was very edifying.
Blessings,
Mark

All of RoseA's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for booklove123 (Baishali) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I would like to thank reader Baishali, forum name: booklove123, for her reading of "The Bartletts' Thanksgiving Day."

The realness and smiling of her voice reminded me of the times my family would gather to tell stories when I was a child.

That is very precious to me, since many of them are no longer living.

Thank you very much!

All of Baishali's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Helen,

I have listened to your interpretation of Vanity Fair with a very great
pleasure. I liked very much the way you gave a personality and a voice
to each character. Your accent is very easy to understand for me, which
is very important since I am French and English is not my mother tongue
(but I appreciate English literature very, very much !).

Having listened to you all along all these hours, I can imagine the
amount of time you have given to this project ! Thank you !

Best regards

Anne-Laure
and...
The reader, Helen Taylor was perfect for this book. This was my first time listening to a Librivox recording and I enjoyed it immensely. I was having difficulty sleeping, my husband found Librivox as a solution to help stop the thoughts and worries whirling round in my mind. It was a genius idea! Helen Taylor has a beautiful voice, she read the book with conviction and professionalism. Thank you so much Helen, and Librivox. I'm on my fourth book now, and am sleeping much better.

Kind regards,
Celia

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

icequeen wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:01 pm Praise received for Keratak (Keith Salis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Mr. Salis,

I wanted to thank for reading the Boy Scout books by Thornton Burgess. My boys are 8 and 6 and are listening to Wood Craft Camp and Swift River nonstop!

We are also looking forward to The Boy Scouts on Lost Trail :)

Thanks!

-David

All of Keith's recordings!
David,
That's wonderful to hear! Thornton Burgess did a fabulous job portraying the Boy Scout movement in its infancy, and has written some inspirational tales for young men.
I hope it inspires them to go into Boy Scouts, so they can have some of their own adventures.

Lost Trail has been finished, and hopefully will be released in the next few days. The last one, Trapper's Camp, has been started.
Keith
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for commonsparrow3 (Maria Kasper) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Maria,
Thank you so very much for reading an entire book! Such a generous undertaking for people you do not know. I find it difficult to listen sometimes, when books are read by many. The change in volume, tempo and microphone quality is often very noticeable and painful (to my head and ears). I finished listening this morning, it was such a haunting ending. My husband was a stay at home father. We are thankful that is was by mutual choice.
Thanks again and I hope you will keep reading, you read well and are pleasant to listen to.
With sincere gratitude, Penny

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Keratak wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:54 pm
icequeen wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:01 pm Praise received for Keratak (Keith Salis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Mr. Salis,

I wanted to thank for reading the Boy Scout books by Thornton Burgess. My boys are 8 and 6 and are listening to Wood Craft Camp and Swift River nonstop!

We are also looking forward to The Boy Scouts on Lost Trail :)

Thanks!

-David

All of Keith's recordings!
David,
That's wonderful to hear! Thornton Burgess did a fabulous job portraying the Boy Scout movement in its infancy, and has written some inspirational tales for young men.
I hope it inspires them to go into Boy Scouts, so they can have some of their own adventures.

Lost Trail has been finished, and hopefully will be released in the next few days. The last one, Trapper's Camp, has been started.
Keith
I have passed this on for you, Keith! Thank you! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

icequeen wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:39 pm Praise received for knotyouraveragejo (J.M. Smallheer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hey,

I was hoping to thank the reader of Chapman Cohen's "Theism or Atheism". It's quite a fantastic thing for her to read and I definitely appreciate it. Her voice goes wonderfully with the text and I thought you would be able to send my email to her.
I was not expecting to see the text and hear her voice with it. I'm thanks for the recording and that she has other recordings to hear.

Thanks,
Jeremy

All of Jo's recordings!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the recording, Jeremy. :) Thanks for your note!
Jo
simonevers

Post by simonevers »

Ann -

Please can you let me have the email addresses of the two listeners who have sent me a thankyou note today?

Many thanks -

Simon
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Hello Maria,
Thank you so very much for reading an entire book! Such a generous undertaking for people you do not know. I find it difficult to listen sometimes, when books are read by many. The change in volume, tempo and microphone quality is often very noticeable and painful (to my head and ears). I finished listening this morning, it was such a haunting ending. My husband was a stay at home father. We are thankful that is was by mutual choice.
Thanks again and I hope you will keep reading, you read well and are pleasant to listen to.
With sincere gratitude, Penny
Thank you, Penny, for these words of encouragement! I usually record nonfiction, so recording a novel was quite a change for me. But I had enjoyed this book so much that I decided to go ahead and record it. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed listening. Your kind words are a boost for me to consider reading fiction more often. :)