'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mark!

Just want to thank you for taking the time to read Ben Hur for us Librivox listeners: my sons and I were able to listen to it near the Easter season and also on a road trip: it did my soul such good! You have a good reading voice & did an excellent job. Thanks so much for taking the time to be a blessing: it is a wonderful, insightful, well-researched story which I'd never heard/read before.

Yours,
debi
Central California
and, regarding his reading of The Three Musketeers
Thanks for reading this book. I enjoyed it immensely. Love the reflection and different voices in your tones during the reading. I wouldn’t have been able to read with the same understanding of the French words which were spoken in it. Thanks a lot. John

and...
I adored his reading of Ben-Hur, which is one of my favourites on the site. It kept me hooked even in the most talk-ish parts. The way he read the chariot race was awesome; It was also very poignant when he was reading the Passion and Death of Christ. He has a voice fitting for a narrator, it's very pleasant. It was like as if I were watching the movie in my head, thanks to him.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to thank Tadhg for his excellent reading of version 2 of Silas Marner. As a result of this pleasing experience I am about to listen to another of George Eliot’s masterpieces, unfortunately Tadhg appears as reader of only one of Eliot’s novels on Librivox.

However, I look forward to listening to your rendition of Joyce and also Hardy.

Patrick,
Dublin.

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I used to search for books by author or type, now I search by reader and will continue to until I've listened to most by Mark Nelson. Thanks for doing such a splendid job and especially for doing many of the older "golden age" science fiction, your work is appreciated !

--
Allan

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mary Ann,

I would like to thank you for your reading of The Uttermost Farthing by R. Austin FREEMAN .

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and your reading style and intonation brought the characters alive for me.

I am so very grateful for the time and effort you have given enable people like me to enjoy these books and I look forward to listening to another one of your books.

Many thanks and Best Regards,

Michael (from the UK)
All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am so enjoying your reading. The pacing is excellent. And your accents are so much fun. It is evident that you thoroughly love this story! I am an American studying French. I first read a chapter in French, then listen to your reading of the same chapter in English to make sure I have understood it all. This method is really improving my reading skills. Thank you so much for your efforts.
and...
Thank you David and God bless

The count of Monte Cristo 0
David Clarke

- Abigale

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I was delighted listening “La dama de las camellias” by A. Dumas and making a crocheted cardigan at the same time. Thank you! It´s just great to have access to classical books in this particular format.

Great job!

Gloria

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really loved her reading of the Scarlet Pimpernel, it was very dynamic, also the way that she represented each of the characters was sooo funny and made the book much more addicting to me. Had to hold myself to not finish all in one night. She also had a beautiful voice as a narrator.
and...
Book:
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Baroness Emma ORCZY (1865 - 1947)

Dear Ms. Savage,

Your voice was always clear and the accents, authentic. You conveyed the different moods and aspects of the characters in such a manner that they could be easily visualized.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the novel.

Thank you!

Judith

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for russiandoll (Philippa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Her reading of The Man Who Would Be King is also one of my favourites in the site. She represents each character with ease and had a very pretty voice too. It kept me hooked from the beginning to the end.

All of Philippa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Availle (Availle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Her voice and her accent are both very beautiful. I especially loved her reading of Madame Butterfly, she managed to give depth to every character in the story. I found it very addicting too.

All of Availle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ozlernau (Omri Lernau) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for reading aloud Abraham Mapu's novel.

Shemaiah said, "Love work; hate monarchy; shun intimacy with authority."

שמעיה אומר אהב את המלאכה ושנא את הרבנות ואל תתודע לרשות

Shemaiah omer ehav et ham'lachah usna et harabanut v'al titvada larashut

(Babylonian Talmud
Pirkei Avot: Perek 1 Mishnah 10)

All of Omri's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

icequeen wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 7:53 pm Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I used to search for books by author or type, now I search by reader and will continue to until I've listened to most by Mark Nelson. Thanks for doing such a splendid job and especially for doing many of the older "golden age" science fiction, your work is appreciated !

--
Allan

My pleasure.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
Jhiu

Post by Jhiu »

Thank you so much, Kevin Green, for your reading of one of the funniest books in English. Mr Sponge's Sporting Tour is a delight to anyone who has ever sat a difficult horse, been sold a dud or listened to the sales talk of a dealer. It appeals to anyone with an interest in Victorian low life, or the details of dress, speech and habits that bring the period to life. You read with the exact tone of mild cynicism needed, and your characterisation is precise. A triumph!
PS I live up the hill from Surtees' house in County Durham, and I shall sing out a view halloo in your honour as I pass it on my walks.
Last edited by Jhiu on July 17th, 2020, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GNOMESB (Gnomesb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Book: Emile by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Reader: Naomi Brewster (Melbourne Australia)

Dear Naomi,

After a number of weeks, I've just finished listening to you reading Emile. I really appreciate the effort you went to recording this. It was very professional and I now have a good sense of Rousseau's account of education. Which will help me in running my philosophy of education course next year.

Also, well done for managing to get through book 5 (and a number of other parts) with the rather disparaging comments on women! I think I would have thrown the book across the room.

I really appreciated your work on this, very many thanks.

All the best

Andy

All of Gnomesb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) and sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good morning,

I want to say thank you and express my appreciation for the reading of Mr. Phil Chenevert and Mr. Mark Nelson. I have really enjoyed listening to the stories they narrate and as soon as I hear either of their voices and without any further evidence; I assume the story is going to be a good one!

So, hats off to these two…..and keep up the good work.

Thank you

Tony

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
(Regarding his recording of Castle Richmond
Lovely voice. It felt as though I were listening to Trollope himself. Even the female voices were excellent with none of the exaggerations that some male readers employ. Thank you so much.
and...
Your readings are such a marvelous gift.
I have just uncovered a new series you have read - the books by Basil King. Awesome!
My favorites that you read have always been the books by Arnold Bennett, and I have listened to Buried Alive at least 30 times!
You are the best! It is such a privilege to have your readings in my life.
Many, many thanks
Vicki

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!