'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jesse76 (Jesse Zuba) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Congrats! Amazing voice!

Ursula

All of Jesse's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers for the Uncle Vanya group project from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you to the team who read Checkhov's "Uncle Vanya". You all certainly put a lot of preparation into this production. Everyone read with so much personality; I especially enjoyed MB, who read the part of "Uncle Vanya". Thanks for bringing so much life to this play, which I heard for the first time at Librivox!

Meghan

https://librivox.org/uncle-vanya-by-anton-chekhov/
--
~ Miss Megginno
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Savage,

thank you so very much for your beautiful reading of the Anne of Green Gables series. Anne lives through your splendid voice and the narration flows perfectly naturally thanks to your reading. Pure enjoyment!

All the best from Germany
Carla
and...
Dear Karen,

I have been enjoying your readings L. M. Mongomery’s works—at the moment Anne of the Island.

Many thanks for all the pleasure you have given me!

Michael
and...
I love your fantastic reading in all the books of L.M.Montgomery.
Kind regards Mirjam
and...
Hi Karen,
I have been listening to your readings of the first three Anne of Green Gables stories. I’ve really enjoyed them (I hadn’t read the books before) and I really appreciated your reading style. The speed was just right for me. I tried a few other authors before you and couldn’t get on with them, but I thought your voice really suited the genre and I found it relaxing to listen to, but never so relaxing as to send me to sleep! Thanks so much.I’m now searching for the other books in the set but it seems you haven’t recorded any of those? I might be mistaken.
Anyway thanks again. I live in London, by the way
Best wishes
Jacquie

and...
Thanks you very much!

I must thanks you, Karen for such a wonderful audiobook you recorded in LibriVox

It is such a beautiful thing that you record audiobooks in the public domain in good quality and great voice, so thanks you very much and I wish you be happy all the time

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Termin Dyan (Termin Dyan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your brilliant reading of this fine book. You characterised everyone in it marvellously with extraordinary range and delicacy. I enjoyed it hugely.
Best wishes, Helen

All of Termin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DavidRMiller (David R Miller) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank David R. Miller for his part reading chapters of The Count of Monte Cristo (version 2). Very well done, chapters read by him stood out.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Christopher,

Words cannot express the depth of the thanks and gratitude this listener owes to you for your readings of the works of Andrew Murray.

As you know, his message of absolute surrender is the answer to everything. As he underscores in one of the books you have narrated, "Peter wept bitterly." That is the key for all of us: true repentance, when we really see ourselves for what we are. It is the necessary precursor to absolute surrender.

Christopher, I never have known anyone who understands Andrew Murray the way that you obviously do. Again, I just want to thank you for the countless hours you have spent recording many of his works. There must be a way to tell more people about your readings in particular and Librivox.org as well.

Christopher, I would like to return the favor in a small way. For the past 35 years, a married couple in MIchigan have been recording the testimonies of born-again Christians. Some of the testimonies are on video; others have been transcribed and are in written form. The website is precious-testimonies.com. The testimonies are indeed precious, powerful and supernatural. Seeing and reading them will bring you joy. Murray would have loved them, too.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Lisa
and...

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you thank you thank you so much! You have no idea how grateful I am for your reading of Andrew Murray's books! I just finished The Holiest of All. Your reading of them seems so intertwined that I can't believe that you wouldn't also be believing what you are reading as it even seems so. It is such a sacred time with God to be listening to books read by Andrew Murray and I am grateful for your time and effort! I am so glad that I am able to thank you!

Kindly,
Gretchen

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tabithat (tabithat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you tabithat for your excellent reading of Little Fuzzy by H. Beam
Piper (https://librivox.org/little-fuzzy-by-h-beam-piper/). I thoroughly
enjoyed it. I'll have to look and see if you're read others I might
enjoy. Thanks!

Jon
Alexis, NC
All of tabithat's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Laurie Anne,

Thank you so much for your reading of Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey. I read parts of the book in high school but after 55 years the details were faint. It’s a great story with wonderful characters, adventure and romance. Listening to a couple of chapters a day for the past two weeks, I found your reading to be sensitive and well paced. You brought out the colors of the landscape, the people, and the way of life in the decade after the Civil War. Listening is fun and stirs the imagination. You’ve helped me become an audiobook fan!

Bob

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
You are the best reader for Charles Dickens and reading in general, but reading Dickens is a special gift. Your story telling is a lovely treat.
Thank you so much for giving your time and voice.
John

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ezwa (Ezwa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
J’ai écouté votre lecture de Dix mille lieues sans le vouloir.
J’ai beaucoup aimé votre voix ! 😊

Il n’est pas facile de trouver des voix qu’on peut écouter dans son lit, avant de pouvoir enfin dormir !

Je serais bien contente de vous entendre dans une œuvre de H. Malot; j’ai trouvé un site intéressant sur son œuvre :

L'ŒUVRE D'HECTOR MALOT - UN PARADOXE - Hector MALOT (amis-hectormalot.fr)

J’aurais une préférence pour La fille de la comédienne, ou Ida et Carmelita.

Je vous remercie et vous souhaite une bonne santé !

Line

All of Ezwa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Epachuko (Epachuko) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A quien sea que leyó para mí Fortunata y Jacinta, vaya primero mi agradecimiento y luego mi felicitación por el realismo y la corrección del relato.

Normalmente encuentro pequeñas fallas en todo, pero debo admitir que en este caso no tengo nada negativo por reseñar , más bien lo contrario

Un abrazo desde Argentina-

Jorge

All of Epachuko's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
mil, i have only listened (i cheat: i read concurrently) to two audio books ever, your rendition of “little dorrit” being the second. i enjoyed it very much - so much so i donated $50 to librivox. great rendering of voices and personalities. i love dickens, but at 800+ pages, this was a toe-stubber of a tome. your reading kept me moving along at a good pace. you are very generous with your time and talent. thanks you, thank you!

tim
montrose, colorado

and...

Thank you SO much for the hours and hours of your time you spent reading Bleak House and making the characters come alive. You have kept me company for the past 8 months. I would recognize your voice anywhere. May God bless you for sharing your beautiful talents.

Karen

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mongope

Post by mongope »

icequeen wrote: March 20th, 2021, 8:29 pm Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimada Montse:

Quiero agradecerte tu lectura de Cañas y barro de Vicente Blasco Ibáñez. Había visto la serie de televisión y me había gustado, pero ahora al oír la obra con tu voz he disfrutado escuchándola completa. Gracias por el cariño y cuidado que pones en la lectura. Me ha chocado un poco la entonación y pronunciación catalana que dabas a las palabras en valenciano, ya que los pescadores del Palmar, difícilmente se reconocerían en esas expresiones, pero no ha sido impedimento para disfrutar a tope. Gracias de nuevo.

PD. Es un servicio precioso el que hacéis y si me entero bien de como se puede ser lector de librivox, igual me animo.

José

All of Mongope's recordings!
Muchísimas gracias, José!!

No imaginas lo importante que es recibir un mensaje como el tuyo. Cierto lo que dices sobre la pronunciación en valenciano. La verdad... hice lo que pude, jeje...No conozco el valenciano y salió algo que ni es valenciano ni catalán.

Saludos cordiales!

Por cierto, acabo de releer el mensaje y veo que estás interesado en participar en este magnífico proyecto. Te dejo un enlace para que eches un vistazo: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
Montse
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

My gratiude to all of who made possible the following audiobook:
Insect Adventures
https://librivox.org/insect-adventures-by-jean-henri-fabre/

I was very pleased to relisten these stories from my childhood, told by pleasant voices, expressively and with kind pronunciation.
As always, my gratitude and best wishes - not only to readers, but also to everyone who worked on this collection - BC, MC, PLs etc.
Thank you all and good luck!💖
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear MB,

I enjoy listening to your voice; it is very unique. I am listening to your voice with “Dracula.” One time, you did an American accent, and it was very good, so different from what seems to be your normal voice.

Thank you for reading,

Patrick

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!