'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to say thanks so much for your recording of Treasure Island, I enjoyed it so much that when I got to the end I listened to the whole book all over again!

I am glad I happened to choose your version.

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Chrisczech (Czechchris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Book: The Triumphs of Eugene Valmont (https://librivox.org/the-triumphs-of-eugene-valmont-by-robert-barr/)

Reader: Czechchris

I've been enjoying your reading of The Triumphs of Eugene Valmont during my morning walks with our dog. Although I've read a few works by Barr, hearing his work read aloud has given me renewed appreciation of his writing. Thank you for your good work.

All of Czechchris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Book: The Empty Sack (https://librivox.org/the-empty-sack-by-basil-king/)

Reader: Simon Evers

Dear Simon Evers,

I very much enjoyed your readings of The Empty Sack, The Wild Olive, and The Inner Shrine. Basil King is a writer who has long fascinated. I've published a few pieces on the man over the years. I was first drawn to him as a fellow Canadian; L.M. Montgomery and Mark Strand are the only other writers I can name from little Prince Edward Island. That Reverend King once topped the American bestseller lists while maintaining his anonymity intrigued. Today, of course, he is all but forgotten. I expect it won't surprise you to learn that his name was never mentioned in the Canadian literature classes I attended in university. Hearing his work read aloud, during long morning walks with our dog, has given me renewed appreciation of his writing. Thank you for your good work.

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Alondra (Sandra Cullum) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Sandra,

Your readings of Dunsany are hypnotically beautiful. I will be trying more authors thanks to your wonderful reading. Thank you very much!

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kehinde (Nathalie M.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for reading Travels in West Africa, by Mary Kingsley.
I enjoyed the story of this bold woman scientist in the late 1800s and your calm manner of reading

All of Nathalie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for usaeagle (Jonathan Burchard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recordings of Penrod, Penrod and Sam and Seventeen:

Dear Mr. Burchard,

I've spend the last several weeks "with" you, listening to the titles in the subject line back to back to back. Tarkington is always a delightful experience and your reading exudes, as well as talent, a true appreciation of my favorite author. Thank you for all your time and care.

I wonder if you knew that there is a third Penrod book? The title is Penrod Jashber. It's the least known of the trilogy, but is just as good as the first two. I have a dream of having you read that third book to me someday!

All the best,

Teresa,

Kentucky, USA

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for iBeScotty (Scotty Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am enjoying my first session with this wonderful way of imbibing the written word.
I am listening to In Re: Gentleman One
by Patterson
Read by Scotty Smith
The words come to their delightful images so easily when SS is filling them with his articulation and sense of playfulness.
Because this is new to me, I first had to find the proper book to match my mood and time of day. Normally after dinner I watch Youtube concerts or ask Alexa to play what has become my predictable playlist of 60s and 70s rock and roll. I have combed through years of concert footage and found myself in a few audiances, I share them with friends and then...eh...eventually tire of the same old "song and dance.
If Alexa were allowed to speak her "mind", she would certainly tell me to move on...then there is the tireless job of being that role model for my teen girl...I am forever reminding her that she once loved books and to get back to their pleasures without doing so myself. Something had to give, and, as usual, it was ME!
So tonight I began what I hope to be a long and pleasant relationship with my old love in new clothes. S. Smith will carry me well into the wee hours and I hope by the light of the new day I will find his expressive and soothing voice in other works. Thank you SS for helping this "old lady" stick to her guns!

All of Scotty's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have just finished Helen Taylor's inspired reading of Vanity Fair
https://librivox.org/vanity-fair-version-2-by-william-makepeace-thackeray/
Her nuanced dramatic range combined with a faultless and subtle rendering of accents so enhanced my pleasure in Thackray's dry wit and characterisation
I have been obliged to laugh out loud in public while listening with headphones.

I cannot recommend her reading of this novel strongly enough and have now started searching Librivox by reader a well as by Author.

With my grateful thanks
Agate

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Savage,
Thank you do much for volunteering to read all of the Anne of Green Gables books that are public domain. I have listened to them all several times. You have such good annunciation and do a great job of coming up with voices for all the characters.
I can't wait for the other two books in the series to become public domain if you choose to read them. I prefer your readings over currently available options. Keep up the good work. 😁
Sincerely,
Amy
All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Quinkish (Rachel Lintern) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Gone to Earth:

Thank you for your excellent reading of this lovely book, I am enjoying it very much.

Best wishes

All of Rachel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your reading and rerecording of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries. I am going through and listening to them all. Not to criticize the other readers, but Sherlock Holmes read by a woman with an American accent just doesn't work. Your recording and voices are lovely, and frankly I could listen to you read the phone book.

I am experiencing a neurological problem right now where I have double vision, which makes reading quite difficult. This is why I am so thrilled to be able to listen to my favourite books being read to me. I am not really able to focus on movies or television, but audiobooks have been a real salvation.

I just wanted you to know that someone appreciates the effort you put into reading correctly, with correct pronunciation and phrasing. You truly do a wonderful job, and I wonder that you don't read audiobooks for Audible.com. (Perhaps you do. I would purchase them).

Thank you again for filling some lonely hours until I can be cured of this problem.

Cheryl

and...

Hi,

I’m 90% of the way through listening to David Clarke’s reading of The Count of Monte Cristo and I’m going to be very sad when it finishes! His accents and voices and beautiful pronunciation have made it a joy to listen to and I think I’m going to listen to the Sherlock Holmes readings he has done also.

But I’m interested to know if he will be doing any more French novels?

Kind regards,

Kathryn,

New Zealand.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Roger, for the great stories you read on Librivox. The soothing balm of your wonderful voice has helped me through countless, sleepless nights.
You are truly appreciated.

Warmest regards,
Sharon

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would just like to say a huge Thank You to Tadhg Hynes for his reading of David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. He is a wonderfully entertaining reader, the scene where Mr Micawber reveals all about Heep (chapter 49) was stupendous and hilarious at the same time. Tadhg makes all the characters come to life so vividly, he is truly amazing! This is the first book I’ve listened to read by Tadhg Hynes but it will not be the last, thank you again Tadhg and Librivox!!

Yours gratefully

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for adonis (Tony Addison) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I feel so much warmed and inspired by your reading of [url=https://librivox.org/the-last-essays-of-elia-by-charles-lamb/the Last Essays of
Elia[/url], by Charles Lamb. Magnificent, thank you!

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much, Cory, for your soothing, articulate voice. I have listened to several of your readings – Dante’s ‘Inferno’ was, I think, the first. I first came across your reading on YouTube, and now from the Librivox site.

I hope you enjoy creating your gifts to the world; they certainly give this reader a certain dreamy pleasure.

Stay safe.

Keep reading

Mick, Vancouver, Canada.

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!