'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jeannie (Jeannie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Jeannie

Thank you for this beautiful reading. I wasn’t one bit interested in reading Alice Adams, but just choose it because I was in a hurry. It is a wonderful, moving story and you have done a wonderful, moving reading. Thank you so much.

Deborah

All of Jeannie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KevinS (KevinS) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
To KevinS - I greatly appreciate your reading style! I became a fan of yours after listening (multiple times) to your reading of "The Little Mixer" by Lillian Shearon and then recently your reading of "The Ghost at Brixley's". I laughed so hard. You do a wonderful job just reading it more or less straight through, without trying to sound like the different characters or injecting a lot of emotion. Your diction and pacing are perfect. Please read more stories!

~mary anne

All of KevinS' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm new to LibriVox, and am now in the trenches of Middlemarch. George Eliot's text is dense and vocabulary-intense, but your brilliant reading, Margaret, makes it lucid and readily accessible. It's a sheer delight being guided through this labyrinthine tale by your voice. I love the varied voices your use for the different male and female characters. All in all, a literary joy. Thank you!

Donald

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

Hello! The other day I finished listening to an extremely successful collection, for which I would like to thank everyone who made this possible:
Short Poetry Collection 208
https://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-208-by-various/

It is not easy to separate the merits of the reader of a work from its author, especially in poetry, but everything here is absolutely at its best - both the selection of the texts themselves and their reading, dramatic and beautiful.
So many people of different ages, voices and reading styles gave me a lot of fun.
Thank you all and I wish you all the best! 💚💛🧡
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

icequeen wrote: February 8th, 2021, 8:34 pm Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just finished bat wing, you have a great voice with a lot of character....thank you, Roger
and...
Dear Mr. Nelson,

I have listened to hundreds of librivox stories over the last eight or nine years and there are many, many readers. I will not speak negatively about any of them. After all, they all volunteer their own time to supply me with entertainment and I am very thankful for that. But I will sing the praise of readers who stand out. So, I would just like to say that you, sir, are the absolute best of all librivox readers. When I start listening to a librivox story, I am always thankful to hear your voice. I know the entire story from beginning to end, no matter how long it is, will be read with professionalism and will not have even the slightest hitch, hesitation or mistake. Every story you read is perfect. And they never sound edited. A three-hour-long story you read sounds as if it were recorded in one sitting. And it never sounds as if you are just reading the story. It always sounds like you are telling the story. There is a definite difference. So, if you are not already, I hope you will one day making a comfortable living with your voice.

Thanks again,

Tom
and...
Thank you Mr. Nelson. I have just finished listening to the First Lensman and enjoyed your reading of it very much.
I appreciate the substantial time spent and the care you gave in making this recording. It was very well done, very professional.

Thanks again,
H.
All of Mark's recordings!
Gosh.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Aperi (Jennie Hughes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just want to say thank you to Jennie Hughes for her readings of several chapters from H. Rider Haggard's 'She' and 'Ayesha'. amazing and captivating voice. I've just seen that she is signed up for a solo reading of another book in the same series 'Wisdom's Daughter' and I am very much looking forward to this being completed and wish her all the best with this project.

Mike (UK)

All of Jennie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Dr. Nagami,

I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful reading of Warwick the Kingmaker (Charles William Chadwick Oman) and a multitude of other books on medieval history. I am astonished by the amount of work that must have gone into building such an impressive catalogue of recordings, each of which is at once extraordinarily clean and professional, as well as exquisitely emotive. You are by far my favorite reader, and I have spent many, many hours listening to the results of your labor. Your exertions are very appreciated!

All the best from your enraptured audience,
Kevin

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox:

Regarding Version 3 of Our Mutual Friend (https://librivox.org/our-mutual-friend-version-3-by-charles-dickens/), I found Mil Nicholson's reading absolutely superb. Such subtlety of comprehension--such skill and inflection--makes each chapter of an 800+ page book a delight to hear.

Thank you for the sheer pleasure of this recording!

John
Baltimore
and...
Your reading has endeared Dickens more to me than I had thought likely. I still have reservations about the usual matters but as the characters were brought to greater life by your voices I was able to indulge myself and temporarily neglect those misgivings. I particularly liked grandfather Smallweed and in your rendering I hear the combined tones of the unlikely pairing of Gollum and the late Kenneth Williams.
Memorable.

Colin

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ohsostrange (Lee Elliot) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Lee Elliott,

I recently finished listening to "The Highest Treason", and I enjoyed your reading very much. It was consistent across all chapters, and your tone of voice kept me engaged, even during the backstory parts, which could have sounded like a lecture, but came out just fine in your reading.

https://librivox.org/the-highest-treason-by-randall-garrett/

Thank you for your time, and your dedication to quality.

TJ

All of Lee's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praised received for SweetPea (Rachel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Rachel,
I have listened to Saved At Sea a few times now, and I enjoy it immensely. Your reading was done exceptionally well, and it really brought the story into it's own for me. Be encouraged, you read very well, and your reading of this story has blessed me. God bless you.
Thank you, Mark

All of Rachel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Muchas gracias por ese libro, me encanta, me lo ayudare en practicar mi espanol con me cuenta favorite! Mil gracias

Eng- Thank you very much for this book, I love it, it helps me to practice my Spanish with my favorite story, a thousand thanks!

Alana

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Helen,
I'm in the middle of Vanity Fair. OMG, do you ever bring this book to life with your wonderful reading!! I love all the voices you do. Thanks so much.
Paul
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

https://librivox.org/vanity-fair-version-2-by-william-makepeace-thackeray/

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lifebylistening (Winfred Wardell Henson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of World English Bible:
Thank you, I listened to Mark 6-14 This morning. I really enjoyed your voice. I’m working on an adaptation of an Easter Play and wanted to hear the bible a different way, see if I Got anything new from it. I really enjoyed your version of Mark 6-14 and am so happy I have the whole bible here now at my fingertips. Genesis is also one of my absolute favorite books.

I own two audible bible collections (one New Testament only) they are less orderly and sometimes distracting. This layout is perfect. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and record it all- I know it took a LONG time.

All of Winifred's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for blightersrock (Tony Foster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The lost girl by D H Lawrence read by Tony Foster

Dear Tony Foster,

I just had to thank you for your superb reading of the book above. Your accent suited the story perfectly, the way you voiced all the different characters was perfect and very professional.

I am an illustrator working alone at my desk on detailed work, listening to books as I paint makes the day more enjoyable and I will look forward to listening to more of your readings.

Thanks so much for the time you gave in narrating what was a long book!

Sarah

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Dracula:
Thank you so much, Peter! This was really a beautiful reading. Your voice was wonderful and I loved the way you did not use different voices for different characters. (Quincy Morris’s voice was a little different.) You let the story speak for itself, with your great voice as the guide, which I find a wonderful way to do it.

Deborah

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!