'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello....I’d love to thank James K. White for reading The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man. Perfectly done and such a joy to listen to while I was working around the house or on my ipad. I’m excited to see you’ve recorded other books that I’ll get to listen to. You have an amazing voice and I’m so happy you are into Librivox. 😍

Tammy

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms Klett,

I have now had the very great pleasure to listen to your voice, first through Mansfield Park and now Jane Eyre. Your way of reading is pure bliss and made me discover world-renown literature while sewing endlessly. I admired your way of interpreting the different characters so truthfully and with such vivacity. The voice of Adèle had such a charming french accent while talking english, just wonderful; the marked difference of the voice of Mr Rochester and Mr Reeves was stunning; the soft voice of Jane herself was as it ought to be.

Thanks so much for making such wonderful books come alive.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for the fantastic work you did reading "The Mysterious Island". It brought me back to being a thirteen year old. I've listened to several audiobooks and yours was just a superb job, perhaps the best I've ever listened. You have totally managed to transport me to Jules Verne's world with your reading style and the voices you applied for each of the characters.

Thank you for volunteering for this, your voice is now etched in my memory as much as the actual words from the original book.

Great job!

Sal

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Eduard Rochester

Post by Eduard Rochester »

Thanks Ann.

Jim
Sir Eduard Rochester
Southern Desert Wind Collective
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GreggMargarite (Gregg Margarite) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just stumbled onto Librivox about a year ago but now it has become something I really look forward to every day. My dad was scientist and also enjoyed reading science fiction. He would often spin original tales much to the enjoyment of his five children. Hearing the spoken stories on Librivox reconnected me with that long ago joy. Gregg Margarite quickly became one of my favorite readers. He lives the story and I feel like I’m on the adventure myself!
I saw that he had passed away suddenly and I want to pass along my condolences to his family. I’m sure I will listen to all of his recording over time. Each one is a gift.
I am so glad he generously shared his talent - people like me are very grateful.

All of Gregg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Well done to this reader - perfect enunciation of French names - so rare even amongst professional narrators !

I will be listening to all of her books - what a pleasure !! What a find !!

Gareth

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Thank you, Nicholas Clifford (Clifford) and MaryAnn (MaryAnnSpiegel) for your readings of J.S. Fletcher and R. Austin Freeman. I love them! I like your tone, your undertones, your accentuations, I just LOVE listening to both of you!

I've worked out a system: when I really like a reader, it suggests that I'd also like more books read by them, because they can choose what to read - and read it really well. So I've bookmarked both your reader's sections and slowly and thoroughly I advance through your solo readings, picking books and making new discoveries.

Thanks!
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Kara,

I just finished listening to your reading of Dracula. https://librivox.org/dracula-by-bram-stoker-2/ Thank you for taking the time to record this and share it. I appreciate the quality of your reading. When I went looking for Dracula on Librivox I was glad to find that you had a version.

Thanks!

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I now enjoy listening to Margaret Espaillat's reading 'Ambassador Morgenthau's Story'.

The recording was perfect technically, zero noise. The voice crystal clear. The reading
not too fast, not too slow, with the right emphasis when needed, you feel the reader is
genuinely interested and you naturally get absorbed. And the book was a great choice.

I will go for the rest of Mrs Espaillat's recordings because she really knows how to give life
to a book. I hear a lot of audiobooks (mostly history) while doing housework and computer work, and despite
the fact that I prefer reading rather than listening, this time I felt that when the reader is good
listening can be even better.

Well done to all the librivox readers for their contribution. Theirs and our grandchildren will be grateful to them.
I wish I had such a clear expressive voice myself.

All of Margaret's recordings1
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank Tadhg for the excellent work and great efforts he has put into reading David Copperfield. I really appreciated listening to this classic made alive by Tadhg.

Best Regards Siw (Norwegian listener)

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Muchisimas gracias a Victor Villarraza por su lectura de La Mancha de Sangre por Arthur Conan Doyle. El tiene una voz clara y expresiva. La lectura me ayuda aprender espanol. Espero que Victor continue dar sus lecturas.
All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I recently finished listening to Karen Savage reading The Story of the Treasure Seekers. She matched the character of this book perfectly. Nesbitt wrote low-key children's adventures that never spoke down to children, and Savage's narration did the same. She never betrayed the narrator's point of view and voice. I could easily believe that Oswald Bastable himself was relating these adventures.

Thank you, Karen, and I'll be seeking more of your work.

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EvaK (Eva K.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hallo Eva K.,

vielen Dank für das Einlesen von Anna Karenina von Tolstoy!

(https://librivox.org/anna-karenina-deutsch-by-leo-tolstoy/)

Ich habe über Monate dieser Geschichte folgen und mich ins

Russland des 19.Jahrhunderts versetzen können. Selber hätte ich die

Kraft nie aufbracht, diesen "Schinken" zu lesen, da ich kein guter Leser bin.

Doch dank Ihrer Arbeit und ihrer wundervollen, wandlungsfähigen Stimme,

wurde mir dieses Werk nahegebracht - vielen Dank.

Es grüßt herzlich:

Georg

All of Eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for edhmpal (Ed Humpal) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Ascent of Mount Carmel:

Dear Ed Humpal

I cannot thank you enough, only say I have grown to love your voice dearly.

You are a perfect St John for my heart’s ear.

Godspeed The Obscure Night of the Soul.

Lorelee

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for downey8kids (Brett W. Downey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Fighting the Flying Circus:

Link to page: https://librivox.org/fighting-the-flying-circus-by-eddie-rickenbacker/

The reader of this, Brett, was phenomenal. My praise is too much to type. His recording was very clear and very easy to follow. It really took you into the pilot seat of Rickenbacker’s Nieuport.

Thank you!

All of Brett's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!