'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear MaryAnn,

I have so much enjoyed your reading of the first two volumes (Dole Edition) of War and Peace. Thanks for your labor of love. I look forward to vol 2 and 3.

Blessings on you,

Darrel

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox

‘Just want to pass on my thanks to Jen Raimundo for a really fabulous rendition of David Hume’s History of England (08 Chapter II, part 01).

I find the reader especially important with earlier works, where the English forms are less familiar. Hume is quite demanding on the reader in both language and ideas, so a clear and confident exposition makes a huge difference to the listener experience.

I reached the end of the chapter and thought, “whoever Jen is, she nailed it."

Many thanks

Ross

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for aerickbjornsson (Ærik Bjornsson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ærik:

SusanI want you to know how much I appreciate your narration of History of the Norwegian People, Volume 1. This is really a wonderful book, and I thank you for all the time you spent on the lovely narration.

The book mentions the great influence Norway had on the British Isles during their early development. I think a glance at a Middle English Dictionary (available online) would be very enlightening on this point. Again, thank you so much.

Susan

All of Ærik's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jvanstan (John Van Stan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am listening to the last recording of Dumas' many works. I wanted to thank the reader John Van Stan for his high quality audio book recordings. I am able to hear, understand and perfectly enjoy the books he has recorded.
With a number of other readers, I struggle to hear and understand what they are saying. In those situations, it is very frustrating; I miss half of the chapter.
It is a joy whenever I find an audio book read by John Van Stan, SO GRATEFUL for his skill, talent and time which gives us such a high quality listening experience.

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for martinc (Martin Clifton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Enjoyed Martin Clifton’s readings of Crome Yellow and Queen Lucia very much on my road trips!

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Grant Hurlock (Grant Hurlock) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of Prester John:

Thanks Grant for your reading of the John Buchan novel! It brightened a week of my life over here in Australia!

Geoff

All of Grant's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for the great LibroVox reading of Tarzan of the Apes. My son and I just finished listening to it yesterday. You made it very enjoyable.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would sincerely like to thank Elizabeth Klett for her many lovely recordings. If not for her, I would never have discovered the writings of Elisabeth Gaskell. After listening to Klett's reading of Wives and Daughters, I have also enjoyed Gaskell's other novels at Librivox.

Once again, a heartfelt thanks to both Elizabeth Klett and the wonderful place that is Librivox.

Best

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi there

This message is to say thank you to Ruth Golding.

I first discovered her reading in her interpretation of Wuthering Heights, which was sublime. I have since gone on to read her reading of several books, including Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and the Fearsome Island among others. Not only does she bring an extra dimension to these books by her skillful reading, but she also introduces us to some weird and wonderful selections that I would otherwise never have considered reading.

Just thought I'd say thanks for that and for making them freely available on Librivox.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Finished your reading of Pride and Prejudice and enjoyed it tremendously, thank you ever so much.

Regards,

Barbara
and...
I want to thank Karen Savage for her wonderful reading of Pride and Prejudice.
Though it was done a decade ago, I just found it recently. I have been wanting to read Pride and Prejudice for a while now (I downloaded he ebook years ago from the Google Play store). But, due to certain issues the last few years, it has been difficult for me to read, as I so loved to do when I was younger.
I stumbled across this recording on another site, and eventually found it here. I tried a few different of the recordings, but this was my favorite!

And thank you to Librivox for your work, I have regained the joys of reading again. And thanks to these old classics being available in the public domain, I can enjoy them without a prohibitive cost.
Thank you all for all you hard work! It is much appreciated!

Lynn

Audiobook link:
https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-by-jane-austen-2/

and...
Hello!
Just wanted to give you a hearty thanks for the amazing job you did in reading The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy for the librivox public domain library.
The story is intriguing in itself, but the way in which you read it made it so beautifully alive.
I've always enjoyed reading, and reading out loud is even more of a pleasure for me. Sometimes my schedule gets a bit overflowing and picking up a good book is hard...but to listen to an audio book, I find is a good way of replacing some good reading time.
So again, thank you for making it so special for us who listen. And dedicating some of your valuable time in reading good wholesome books that share all the great ingredients of a well written story.

Many blessings,
Karen
All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

You are the best of the best sir. Bravo! May you live forever. 😉

Thank you,

Cynthia

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Cate Barratt for your reading of History of Julius Caesar. The narration was clear and starved off boredom during work!

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Zeckou (Zeckou) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear M. Zeckou,

Thank you so much for taking the time to record L'île mystérieuse by Jules VERNE. I have spent hours listening to your beautiful voice as I read, and reread, along with the text in French. When I was a young student in the University, I loved our French class on Fridays because our professor would just read to us in French. Your reading of this book has reignited my love of the French language and classic literature like Jules Verne. Again, thank you so very much for all your time and effort into this project.

George

All of Zeckou's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Kevin Green for your excellent reading of Empire by Clifford D. Simak (https://librivox.org/empire-by-clifford-d-simak/). Your voices for the main characters made the many discussions seem real. I could see the men sitting around conspiring with each other about the best way to defeat their opponents. I was stunned by how obviously Simak had copied ideas from E. E. Smith's Skylark series. Anyway, good stuff! I enjoyed your performance. I actually looked forward to walking on the treadmill each day to listen. Thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC, USA

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Anne Coleman Rothenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Annie,

I am new to Librivox. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is the first title I listened to. I really enjoyed listening to your rendition of the book. Thank you so very much for your time and effort. I hope to listen to many more of your readings.

Best regards
Harshv

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!