'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Alan Brown (Alan Brown) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This is to thank Alan Brown for taking on the monumental task of reading most of the The Faerie Queene. I’m now halfway through Book 3, and if it wasn’t for Alan’s calm, quiet voice keeping me going, I might not have got this far. As it is, I am enjoying the work enormously, and can now actually see myself reading the whole poem for the first time ever. Thank you Alan; your labours are hugely appreciated.

All the best

All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for this splendid rendition of a wonderful children’s classic(The Magic City). I do hope you’ll do more!

Anne

and...

Just wanted to say thank you to Ruth Golding for the wonderful reading of Wuthering Heights. One of the best I’ve ever heard. Made the book flow wonderfully with no distractions and an incredible talent for character expression and distinction between them.

Thank you again.

Tony

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Wills,

I just finished listening to your reading of Moby Dick, and I enjoyed it immensely. I have not had the time to sit down and read Moby Dick so your reading of it my first exposure to the book. My daily commute is about 45 minutes each way, and I have spent the last several weeks listening to your reading. You did a fantastic job with the voices of each character. I could always tell who was speaking by the voice. Thank you for taking the time to record this book. I will listen the to book again sometime in the future. I’m downloading your reading of Lord Jim as I write this.

Thanks again,

Bruce

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recordings of The Tenant of Wildfell Hall:

A big thank you to expatriate for the reading of this book. It was a lot of work I’m sure, and I very much enjoyed it. Thank you for using your own voice and not to try to give characters different voices. With a book this long it wouldn’t have been so enjoyable.
Thank you for all your work with LibriVox.
and...
Dear Mr. Expatriate,

Thank you for your diverse selection in reading. Don't know what impels you to choose your selections, but I enjoy the Greek tragedies, the Japanese histories, the Russian stories you read. And yes, I know war is a necessary evil, but I tend not to listen long to those experiences!

Thank you for the time you've dedicated to reading (and summarizing), and thank you for your voice!

Sincerely,

Yuli

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Geachte heer de Leeuw,

Dank u wel voor het inspreken van het boek “de vliegende hollander”. Uw stem is erg prettig en u heeft duidelijk en zorgvuldig ingelezen. Ik luister graag naar ingesproken boeken als ik ga zwemmen (want anders is zwemmen zo saai… ). Ik ga nu het boek over Jeanne dArc, downloaden en beluisteren.

Een mooi project, Librivox.

Met vriendelijke groet,

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Xrystabelle (Christie Nowak) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

A huge thank you to Christie Nowak for her outstanding work on Marion Zimmer Bradley's 'The Door Through Space'. Thanks to her contribution, I listened to my first full audiobook. Thank you, Christie, you brought a world to life with your words. :-)

Kind regards,

All of Christie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JoeDeNoia (Joseph DeNoia) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regardoing his recording of Survivors of the Chancellor:

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication in bringing back Verne's novel in audio form. I was captivated both by the text and your rendition.
Best regards

All of Joseph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Librivox is incredible, but every time I listen to any audio from any reader, I find myself comparing them to Mil Nicholson. She sets a very high bar. My wife and I heard her first when listening to her reading of Bleak House by Charles Dickens; Mil was so good at the voice characterizations that we had a small disagreement as to whether it was a man or woman reading. We are very grateful for her contribution.
and...

As a member of the Melbourne Dickens Fellowship I am always pleased when I discover that Mil Nicholson has recorded our “Book of the Year” as I have been listening with pleasure to her recordings for many years. This year it was “Little Dorrit” and, as usual, Mil’s many voices brought the book to life. Thank you for keeping me company whilst gardening, doing the housework and walking many miles!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for BettyB (BettyB) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi

Many thanks to "BettyB" for your enjoyable reading style. You're reading of travel books are delightful, so please do not alter that !!!

I am looking forward to one of your books in progress with much anticipation !!

All the best from New Zealand.

Regards
Bruce

All of BettyB's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to sincerely thank Elizabeth Klett for the reading of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice". I had already read the book once and absolutely loved the story. Listening to her reading it was delightful! I could distinguish most of the characters by her tone or way of reading. And I understood everything, since she reads in a clear and calm manner.
Thank you so, so much! I look forward to listening to more books read by her! :)

Kind regards,
Vanda

and...

I've truly enjoyed listening to your version of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-solo-version-3-by-jane-austen/

You read at an accurate pace managing to handle all different characters' personalities through changes in your voice.

I'll be checking more of your recordings soon!

Best wishes and keep it up!

Carla.

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I would like to say thank you, David Clarke, very much for reading the Sherlock Holmes books. They were fantastically read, and I really enjoyed the experience. Your 'voice acting' really made the story immersive, and I was able to imagine everything.
Thank you again.
and...
Just wanted to say how much I am enjoying hearing you read The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas (version 3). Your expert varied accents and clear voice help me to keep track of who’s who! I’m presuming you’re a professional actor as you make me feel as if I’m immersed in the book and transported back in time to the era in which the story occurs.

I loved the movies and now am thoroughly enjoying the book, thanks to you! I hope to find other books that you “read”!

Donna
Hatboro, PA

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ralph,

I loved your rendition of Lucian's Trips to the Moon.

Many thanks.

All best,

Nicolas

All of Ralph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ropeandtire (Suprada Urval) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Suprada Urval, for your reading of the second volume of Seneca's moral letters: https://librivox.org/moral-letters-vol-2-by-lucius-annaeus-seneca/. I read the first volume years ago but have not had the opportunity to continue with the others, so I'm delighted that you have taken up the work. Well done!

All of Suprada's recordings
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

TriciaG, thank you for reading “The Hall in the Grove” and many other books! I enjoy the Isabella Alden books very much, and appreciate you reading them!

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ahab

Post by ahab »

Bruce, thanks so much for these kind words. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the reading and that it was a good entry into Moby Dick for you!

Best wishes,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: November 5th, 2018, 8:32 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Wills,

I just finished listening to your reading of Moby Dick, and I enjoyed it immensely. I have not had the time to sit down and read Moby Dick so your reading of it my first exposure to the book. My daily commute is about 45 minutes each way, and I have spent the last several weeks listening to your reading. You did a fantastic job with the voices of each character. I could always tell who was speaking by the voice. Thank you for taking the time to record this book. I will listen the to book again sometime in the future. I’m downloading your reading of Lord Jim as I write this.

Thanks again,

Bruce

All of Stewart's recordings!