'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for maxgal (Louise J. Belle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello

I have just finished listening to the following collection:

https://librivox.org/short-ghost-and-horror-collection-034-by-various/

Excellent readings all round, but in particular I enjoyed the stories narrated by Louise Belle. She has a most striking voice and her well-paced delivery really bought the tales to life. I look forward to hearing more from her.

Keep up the great work!

Regards

G

All of Louise's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Lizzie,

I thank you so so very much for all the work you’ve put in works such as Gulliver’s Travels & Alexander the Great! I’m currently going through Alexander with you and have downloaded all your solo works, for I love your voice and find you very comforting to listen to after a long day, when I’m ready to snuggle into bed for some good ol’ story time with Lizzie! Sending so much love your way!! Thanks a bunch Lizzie!! You are greatly appreciated & enjoyed!!

<3 <3 <3

Sergio

All of Lizzie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for icequeen (Ann Boulais) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ann Boulais!

I love you, so much! I have been listening to your audiobooks for years now! I have treasured all the work you did in bringing us the audiobooks for St Teresa! I had a spiritual encounter years ago that I’ll never forget while listening to the Life of St Teresa with you! And when I had not too long ago came across the Mystical City of God by Mary of Agreda, I looked on librivox and saw that you had recorded the first book and were working on finishing the 2nd volume! I now own the physical books and they truly are rich and wonderful! I really believe these to be true works from heaven! For Mary of Agreda could not have been a liar and yet at the same time produce such lofty works that leads one’s soul to God in such immense ways! “You’ll know a tree by its fruit.”

I can’t help but wonder how your own soul has benefitted from reading through these books as I get undone by just a paragraph and become stuck meditating on something said. How much more, someone drinking from the entirety of these books.

Anyways, I just want to let you know, I’m still listening with you. And as a Catholic, I deeply deeply appreciate the work you’ve put in! Surely you have stored up much treasure in heaven just by the fruit and work God has done in my own life through your audiobooks! Therefore I love you and appreciate you more than I can express! Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!!

Looking forward to Book 3 of the Mystical City! <3

P.s. I can’t thank you enough!!! <3 <3 <3

Love Sergio

All of Ann's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello there,
I am not familiar with forums but I wanted to express my gratitude to volunteers of LibriVox. I truly enjoy listening to books from LibriVox.

And I also want to thank Bruce Pirie, one of my favourite readers.

Your voice is so calm and soothing yet articulate and expressive! I listened to most of your solo readings! Thanks to you, I could read/listen many of masterpieces from great authours of all time. Thank you again for your excellent reading and I am looking forward to the next one.

Kind regards
Yoojin

All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
(regarding her recording within the group project of Evelina)
Great job, very well read, with good accents & humor, easy to hear & understand. Thanks!
and...
I'd like to thank Elizabeth (Forum name: gloriana) for her readings in
general. They are of a terrifically high standard. I would especially
like to note my appreciation for her Jane Eyre,
https://librivox.org/jane-eyre-version-3-by-charlotte-bronte/.

I'm not massively familiar with the 19th C classics. I skipped them
when younger and only recently 'bothered' to explore them, much to my
chagrin.

Readings like these enable me to appreciate the books in a way I never
could have otherwise. I'm a slow reader, I spend a lot of time in the
car when I can listen but not read, and readings like these open whole
new vistas for me and chances to do something worthwhile with my time.

The great care and professionalism that goes into recordings that,
ultimately, are offered for free is remarkable, and very much
appreciated.

Best wishes

Darren

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ZachBG (Zachary Brewster-Geisz) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank Zachery Brewster-Geisz.

He has a very nice voice!

Groet,

Tanya

All of Zachary's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Walden,
Thank you so much for your wonderful renditions of Thornton W. Burgess’ books. I have loved these books for many years, and your soothing voice and obvious love for these stories and the world Mr. Burgess created are blessings to this old man. I am grateful, to him and to you. Thanks again. Sincerely, Randall

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NKWhitley (Nick Whitley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you!

I have greatly enjoyed your Trollope readings. He is my favorite author, and I have read many of his books the old fashioned way. But your readings of two I had not read, Dr. Thorne and Mr Scarborough's Family, have been absolute delights. I have enjoyed many audio books over the years; These are among my favorites. You understand Trollope as well as you understand reading aloud!

Best wishes--

Jim
Hilo, Hawaii

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NemoR (Nemo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to thank the reader Nemo, for his reading of the teachings of Lao Tzu great pronunciation of this topic.
you voice sounds very familiar has anyone ever told you that you sound like Gerrit W. Gong? thank you for your service.
Elden

All of Nemo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

icequeen wrote: October 12th, 2019, 8:43 pm Praise received for maxgal (Louise J. Belle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello

I have just finished listening to the following collection:

https://librivox.org/short-ghost-and-horror-collection-034-by-various/

Excellent readings all round, but in particular I enjoyed the stories narrated by Louise Belle. She has a most striking voice and her well-paced delivery really bought the tales to life. I look forward to hearing more from her.

Keep up the great work!

Regards

G

All of Louise's recordings!
O, thank you so much!
I am still relatively new to LV, having "discovered" it just a few months ago.
It is a great inspiration to hear so many voices doing this labor of love.
And I love scary stories! --many of which are inexplicably obscure.
So I will keep trying to find good scary stuff that needs to be heard.
...LJB :shock:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

icequeen wrote: October 12th, 2019, 8:11 pm Praise received for Morlock (Daryl Wor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Daryl for the reading of "Old Rose and Silver". I would like
to thank you especially for the reading of Rose, your voice and
intonations brought her to life for me, I wanted to have her for my own.

All of Daryl's recordings!
So welcome and feeling good about this. It's nice to hear this considering I feel so heavily despised on most platforms. Peace.
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

I want to thank all the readers and the others involved with publishing Uncle Wiggily’s Automobile. Special thank you to Jude Somers; you’re a favorite reader at our house and we enjoyed hearing you again on this. My kids were so excited for this to come out and they have been listening to it almost every day since it was completed! When they aren’t listening, they can’t stop talking to me about how funny it is.

It has been a bright spot for us as my kids have been sick all week. So thankful for this diversion!
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

AbbyJay wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 8:13 am I want to thank all the readers and the others involved with publishing Uncle Wiggily’s Automobile. My kids were so excited for this to come out and they have been listening to it almost every day since it was completed! When they aren’t listening, they can’t stop talking to me about how funny it is.

It has been a bright spot for us as my kids have been sick all week. So thankful for this diversion!
That is great.
I do believe there are a few other uncle Wiggly books you might like also in our catalog. We love good stories too!
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
AbbyJay

Post by AbbyJay »

philchenevert wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 8:17 am
AbbyJay wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 8:13 am I want to thank all the readers and the others involved with publishing Uncle Wiggily’s Automobile. My kids were so excited for this to come out and they have been listening to it almost every day since it was completed! When they aren’t listening, they can’t stop talking to me about how funny it is.

That is great.
I do believe there are a few other uncle Wiggly books you might like also in our catalog. We love good stories too!
Yes! The other Uncle Wiggilys are popular at our house also! So are the other Garis books. I hear my kids laughing out loud as they listen. :lol: They were so excited to hear a new one!
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil. 4:8
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DrewJ (Drew Johnson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Drew Johnson for reading Matthew Henry's Commentary. I hope to hear more, it means so much!

All of Drew's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!