'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Re: The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Dear Martin:

I would have never tackled the print version of this classic; life is too hectic and leisure time too scarce to carve out the necessary uninterrupted time to devote to such a volume. Your labor of love put this lovely tale within my reach and enriched my life. Thank you so very much!

Respectfully,
Carol
Omaha, NE, USA

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox,

Please convey my very grateful thanks to Simon Evers. I have listened to him read several books and enjoy his style immensely.

I have printed out a list of his contributions and will work my way through them!

Christine: Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia.

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for David Richardson (David Richardson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi there,

I would like to thank David for reading The Metamorphosis https://librivox.org/the-metamorphosis-by-franz-kafka-2/. I really enjoyed listening to this one before bedtime.

Thanks a lot David.

Best,

Valentina

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AmethystA (Mary Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

thank u for reading very clearly and slowly mary anderson I really appreciate your reading keep on

All of Mary's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Thomas for your wonderful reading of the John Carter books!

Scott

All of Thomas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Marks is one of your finest readers and deserves a medal for his remarkable reading of WH Hodgson's archaic prose in The Night Land. Incredible.

-Phil

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Count of Monte Cristo:

Just finished listening to this talking book whilst working in a communal garden in Beccles, Suffolk. I enjoyed it very much and thought the accents made a huge difference. Well done, it must have taken up a lot of time so I wanted to let you know that it is much appreciated.

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks for this recording of Moby Dick. I am about half way through the book. I’m doing a combination of reading and listening and also perusing various book reviews and summaries to try to understand it better. Your reading is amazing and I love the different voices you act out, etc. that really help bring the story to life. I have trouble with reading too long without eye pain, so being able to listen is really helpful. Thanks for making the effort to share this with others. God bless.

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kirk202 (KirkVoice) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr Ziegler,

I have just finished listening to your reading of "Recollections Of Bush Life In Australia" by Henry William HAYGARTH (1821 - 1903). Thank you so much for the contribution that you have made to LibriVox in making this wonderful recording. I cannot tell you how very much I enjoyed the book. As an Australian, listening to a tale about Early Australian bush life, and gaining an insight into the impressions and attitudes of an Englishman, seemingly from the propertied class, at that time in history, was as informative as it was delightful.

I'd thoroughly commend this book and your excellent recording of it to all ..... but especially to my fellow Australians.

https://librivox.org/recollections-of-bush-life-in-australia-by-henry-william-haygarth/

Andrew

Tasmania, Australia

All of Kirk's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Listening to Nicholson’s Our Mutual Friend has been one of the biggest joys of the last year. I’ve listened to her readings most mornings when out on my walks. I’m not sure I would have stuck with the novel, given its slow opening, had it not been for Nicholson’s colorful and clarifying characterizations. Her dramatizations of the Boffins and Silas Wegg are particularly memorable, but she does the entire novel so perfectly. What a great gift it is to have her recordings. I can’t wait to go on to another Dickens novel read by her.

Thank you, Mil!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Greetings

I wish to thank Mark F. Smith for the efforts he has endured to give his listeners a large amount of enjoyment. I have been listening to his voice for hours and hours while sitting in my car, driving trough Finland. I need to drive a lot, as per my work.

I am really enjoying Marks reading as his voice is clear and articulation is easy to comprehend. Especially I enjoyed the book "Great Expectations" which was so vividly dramatized that it really brought those characters to life.

Nowdays I choose my books by reader, not by title. This has broadened my view about literature and brought unexpected listening experiences to my reach.

So, in short: Thank you for all your troubles and for being a companion in my long journeys. Keep on reading, audience is listening.

- Marko

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Thomas, I first discovered you Princess of Mars recording about 5 years ago and loved it.

https://librivox.org/a-princess-of-mars-by-edgar-rice-burroughs-3/

After this I listened to the following 2 books in the series.

I am now in the process of listening to them all again.

Your delivery is superb and I love them.

Well done.

Richard

All of Thomas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To David Wales:

Since I have had many hours of pleasure from your various narrations, I thought it time to thank you for all of the time you spent to bring them to me. I have just finished "The Egregious English" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have listened to so many books by English authors, both fiction and nonfiction from the same period of time (late 19th century) that I understood all of this book. I have also heard your books on the composers, histories, Christmas stories, etc.and I do not know how to thank you enough for all of them. THANK YOU!!!

Susan

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Recording of “The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects “ by Edward J. Ruppelt

My heartfelt thanks for your wonderful recording. I have listened to it twice and your perfect emotional reading makes it an exciting report and not just a reading of sterile facts.

Best Regards,
Carol

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am so appreciative of this site as I farm and have no time to read.
I can listen to audio while I preserve etc. food.
TriciaG is absolutely your best volunteer.
I like Grace Livingston Hill, Gene Stratton Porter, Pansy and always choose her if possible.

You have, what sounds like, very young readers who read so fast I can't understand well, but she does it all just right. Give her a million thanks from 'ole lady in Canada. Just had to move in middle of terrible winter, so now will have more time to use your site. I recommend it to everyone.

I would like you to have my favorite book from Grace Livingston Hill read but perhaps you have no heard of it. It is called "The Finding of Jasper Holt" 1913 and is her best of all her books. Short - paperback is about 169 pages and is a real tear jerker, but always ends happily of course.
I can't find this book online to buy a new copy either but I'm sure with more searching I might....on the Christian book store sites.....to make it easier for you to find it too.
So thanks to ALL your volunteers who read. I especially find the men's voices very soothing, but there seems to be a dearth of them.

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!