'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Christopher Smith for his outstanding reading of Andrew Murray’s Holiest of All.

If I had to imagine what Murray sounded like, it would be just like Christopher. He reads with clarity and passion. Christopher makes Murray’s book come alive. Thank you and God bless you, Christopher!

Sue

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of World as Will and Idea, Volumes1-3:
Thank you so much for your voice. Thank you for bringing the world's most honest philosopher back from the dead.

I smile at Schopenhauer's wit and at your voice which reminds me of Kevin Costner's voiceovers in Dances with Wolves.

I will treasure this production and may well have it with me on my death bed.

Beautiful.

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for m8b1 (Maria Therese) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The following message is for the reader of https://librivox.org/emma-version-6-by-jane-austen/

Hello Maria Therese, I wanted to thank you SO much for your wonderful reading of Austen's "Emma". I absolutely LOVED that you went through the trouble of coming up with voices, intonations etc. for each of the main characters. You have a lovely voice and it was incredibly kind of you to read and release the recording for free. I have been travelling a lot and your Emma made time fly by!
Again, thank you.
All the best,
Priscila

and...
I cannot say enough thanks to Maria Therese for her recordings of religious works.
I have listened to several of her book recordings over a few years, and I keep listening again and again. She is one of the 3 best narrators I have ever heard in my life.
God bless her for making these wonderful works available.
Thank you for making your material available to the pubic for free.
Andrew

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CliveCatterall (Clive Catterall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
It is soothing and compelling to hear the “Industrial Biography” experiences captured by Mr. Smiles. It feels like a trip through the past, sharing realistic views that can mark a path towards the future. Thank you sincerely for reading and recording.

All of Clive's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recordings of Selected Short Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald:
It was wonderful. I'm trapped in the house for self isolation during this quarantine and I stumbled across this audiobook online. I. LOVED. IT.

About a decade after I graduated from undergrad with a degree in English, I decided to study medicine and it's literally taken over my life. I don't remember the last time I read a book for pleasure. Ms. Walden has the most charming Southern drawl, which is perfect for those F. Scott Fitzgerald stories about the escapades of the rich (and selfish) in the roaring 20's. I'm grateful for these audiobook and free texts, especially during the quarantine. Her reading was brilliant. I loved it.

Thanks again.

Best,
Tatum

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for FabulaeAudi (Abigail Rasmussen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I love The way you read one of my most favorite books, I listen to it all day! Thank you so much!

All of Abigail's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Carod (Caro Davy) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Blink, the Nod King in The Ladder of Rickety Rungs:
It was wonderful to hear your reading, it took me back to being a kid and listening to books being read.

All of Caro's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Epachuko (Epachuko) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hola Epachuko y equipo,

Queria deciros que estais haciendo un trabajo fenomenal y agradeceros de corazon la labor que haceis. Las horas de alegria que me habeis dado, de verdad.

He disfrutado de lo lindo con las dos primeras partes de 'Fortunata y Jacinta' y ya espero la siguiente entrega con gran emocion. Podria leer el libro tambien, pero voy a esperar hasta que la siguiente entrega este disponible.

Las voces estan caracterizadas muy bien - Dona Lupe es mi favorita con su histrionismo.

Un saludo muy fuerte desde Escocia

Mikel

All of Epachuko's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Idiot:
Hello Martin Gleeson,

I just wanted to send this email to say thanks for your recital.

I really enjoyed your narration during this pandemic

Kind regards
Richard

P.S Have you done any other narrations
and...
Dear Mr. Geeson,

I am writing to thank you for the hours you have put into reading hundreds of books for librivox. Over the past several weeks in isolation, my boyfriend and I have been enjoying your readings of Dostoyevsky’s novels, especially The Idiot. Your voice and expression perfectly conveys the stories and your Russian name pronunciation adds a lot to the stories. I also value the work you have put into archiving Latin and old English works read aloud. I look forward to listening to your recordings of Anne Brontë’s works next.

Thank you again,
Sophia
Raleigh, North Carolina

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ToddHW (ToddHW) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for getting to the Spanish Baroque drama! I listen to most of the librivox plays, and your name is associated with many! I notice Project Gutenberg doesn't have many of the Spanish Baroque plays for you to select from. May I recommend the following at archive.org:

Works of Edward Fitzgerald, volume 2, Six dramas of Calderon

Three Comedies, Translated from the Spanish, Henry R V Holland

And many more translations of Calderon by MacCarthy.

When you're ready for some Lope de Vega, try the Star of Seville, in Brander Matthews, The Chief European Dramatists. The translator is Philip Hayden. Great farce.

Sorry I'm a weenie at copying links, but I spent an hour trying and gave up. Please keep up the great work!!!

And thanks again! You're filling a big hole in my studies!

All of ToddHW's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Steve (Steve C) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have just listened to The RAMC in Egypt & Dare Devil of the Army. TKS for reading these historical books. I have learned about two important divisions from WWI I knew nothing about.

--
Gerida

All of Steve's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Charles Dickens, Bleak House
https://librivox.org/bleak-house-by-charles-dickens-2/

Mil Nicholson,

Thank you so much for your imaginative and beautiful reading of Bleak House.
One by one, my entire household became captivated by your reading. We are,
like the rest of the world, under quarantine...and your talent has been pure sunshine.
I wanted to make sure i thanked you because the gift you have offered needs to be acknowledged
by myself and my family!

Hoping you and yours are all well and hearty
and best wishes for all your futures

cheers.
Pat

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mark,

We just wanted to say that we have enjoyed many of your librivox books.

Especially:

Kidnapped - we love it and listen to it over and over - I think my son and I have it memorized
Young Railroaders - great fun book for the whole family
Around the World in 80 Days
Mysterious Island
Treasure Island

We love the librivox idea and are very thankful for it - your voice and reading style are great - we really appreciate the time and energy you put into it.

Tammy and Jesse

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Liebe Vorleserin,

ich wollte Dir ganz herzlich danken für "Fräulein oder Frau" sowie andere Geschichten von Wilkie Collins, die Du vorgelesen hast! Ich liebe Wilikie Collins, und als ich neulich Migräne hatte und nur noch im Bett ruhen konnte, hat mich Deine wohlklingende Stimme durch schmerzhafte Stunden getragen.

Danke dafür!

Lea
and...
Good morning
I would like to thank Hokuspokus for all the books she had read and specially for ​​Ausgewählte Novellen von Guy de MAUPASSANT (1850 - 1893).I hope she is well and she keep reading books for us .Wish her all the best.
Best regards
Alaa

All of Hokuspokus' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Karlsson (Karlsson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Lieber Karlsson,

ich wollte Dir ganz herzlich danken für "Der Hund von Baskerville", welcher mir viele vergnügliche Wanderstunden bereichert hat.

Danke dafür!

Bitte meine Mailadresse nicht weitergeben.

Lea

All of Karlsson's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!