'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

There's a section for thank yous, in the "Suggestions, Comments, News and Discussion" forum.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving this to Suggestions, Comments, News, and Discussion. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for amelita (Amy Conger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Game of Life and How to Play It:

Dear Amy, You have a voice like an Angel.

All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Sir,

I would like to express my gratitude to all of the LibriVox readers. It is
wonderful that people are volunteering for the love of reading aloud and
out of generosity to others. I have listened to ‘The Custom of the
Country’
(https://librivox.org/the-custom-of-the-country-solo-version-by-edith-wharton/)
and ‘The Glimpses of the Moon’
(https://librivox.org/the-glimpses-of-the-moon-by-edith-wharton/) and am
now listening to ‘The House of Mirth’
(https://librivox.org/the-house-of-mirth-by-edith-wharton/), all of which
are read by Ms Elizabeth Klett. Would you please be so kind as to thank Ms
Klett for her elegant and expressive rendition of some of the finest works
by one of my favourite authors?

With many thanks,

Yours faithfully,

Sophie
and...
Dear Elizabeth Klett,

I really enjoyed listening to your reading of Ethan Frome (version 1), and would like to extend my sincerest thanks for your efforts. Your reading was very clear and well enunciated. My favorite part is the subtle distinction of emotion between Zeena and Mattie that adds another dimension to this literary work than merely reading along with my eyes. I have also recommended your version of the reading to my wife, as I find it stellar. Thanks again!

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms Savage,

I would like to thank you most heartily for your wonderful readings. You read so very well and I have thouroughly enjoyed listening to several of your solo readings lately: Persuasion, Mansfield Park and Sense and Sensibility. These books are all among my favourites so I was thrilled to find audiobook versions of them that lived up to my love for them.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you have put in, so that others may enjoy these wonderful books!

Kind regards,
Sandra

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to read (currently) The Return of Tarzan (I have seen you've done other Tarzan books and Edgar rice burroughs books, all of which I will get to).

As a long time Johnny Weissmuller's Tarzan fan and one who has to walk a treadmill daily, thanks to a lethargic lifestyle and a very minor stroke, I *really* appreciate your reading of the Tarzan book(s), as these are the only way I can do the treadmill and retain my sanity.

-E

All of Ralph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

'ein tiefes geheimnis' ist es, welches ich gerade hoere. in der s-bahn sitzend in berlin, immer daemmrig, wenn ich zur arbeit fahre und immer bereits dunkel, wenn ich zurueckkomme. stets muede gesichter begleiten mich mit sanft zufallende augen. durch die dunkelheit in den scheiben spiegeln wir uns alle, ruhig wartend und ich mit stimmen im ohr. wunderschoene stimmen, wunderschoen gelesen von karlsson und crln yldz ksr, doch jedes mal, wenn ein kapitel von dir gelesen wird, mit deiner stimme, dann freue ich mich ueber die sanftheit, die klarheit und vor allem diese waerme, die in deiner stimme liegt, diese tiefe waerme. ein laecheln zwaengt sich mir auf, wenn du beginnst zu lesen und ein laecheln ist auch wieder da, wenn du am ende mit den worten schliesst 'gelesen von hokuspokus', wobei letzteres wort eine bestimmte betonung traegt, etwas spielerisches liegt darin, schabernackhaftes, aber auch sanftes.
es ist nicht das erste buch, welches ich von dir gehoert habe. heine war der erste, glaube ich, ueber den ich dich kennenlernte, ein wintermaerchen, dann das alte haus, rosa luxemburg, meister floh, der vampyr und wahrscheinlich noch mehr als collaborative. und schon waehrend all dieser stunden, in denen du mich im flugzeug, in zuegen - auf reisen generell - begleitet hast, dachte ich, eigentlich muss ich dir irgendwann einmal danken fuer diese schoenen stunden, diesen frieden, den mir deine lesungen gegeben haben (und noch geben). und genau das moechte ich hiermit tun. es freut mich ungemein, dass du machst, was du machst.
herzlichst
a

All of Hokuspokus' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
smartiejulie

Post by smartiejulie »

Thank you very much, Elizabeth Klett, for an outstanding reading of the Idylls of the King by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Arthur's final speech to Guinevere (chapter 16) is full of pathos and beauty and you rendered it pure melody. Thank you.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Elizabby (Beth Thomas) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to let you know how much my 4-year-old daughter and I have enjoyed and appreciated the dramatic reading of Five Children and It that you narrated. A wonderful rendition of a wonderful story. We'll be moving on to The Phoenix and the Carpet next.

Thank you so much,

James & Ella

All of Beth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To Cori Samuel after listening to The War of Worlds by H.G. Wells

Thank you for your work that you put in reading The War of the Worlds. It was a pleasure for me to listen to your reading. You were great in it.

With kind regards

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

I want to thanks Roger Melin for his fine performance of Anatole France's "The Revolt of the Angels".

Best wishes,

Nicolas
and...
Just finished listening to The Clue. Thank you, Roger, for a wonderful reading!

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CliveCatterall (Clive Catterall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Clive,

More years ago than I care to remember, The White Company was a set book for English Literature O-level. Of course, in those days, there were no easy guides to walk you through the text - you just had to read the book! As it was one of many to crash-read, I never really appreciated the story and, of course, at 15 y, historical knowledge (other than "the syllabus") is rather limited! So, ~60 years later, I have listened to your readings of the book and I just want to say thank you for producing such an excellent and entertaining version. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I then listened to the prequel, Sir Nigel, which I similarly enjoyed.

Many thanks for your efforts,

Bill
All of Clive's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello!!!

I want to thank Mark F. Smith for sharing with al of us listeners his amazing voice!!! Listening to your audiobooks is so relaxing. Sir, you articulate so well that I am totally gripped in the story. Thank you for sharing your voice with us. I can’t express just how amazingly you orate the books, and I’m specifically referring to your reading of Dickens ‘Great Expectations’ ( https://librivox.org/great-expectations ... s-dickens/ )

Thanks for sharing your wonderful, fantastic, amazing oration. I just can’t express just how wonderfully you orate. Thank YOU for sharing your amazing talent

I’ll be hearing ‘Great Expectations' for the third time now all because your voice is SO VERY mesmerising.
I am hoping this message delights you as much as your readings delight me

Stay blessed

In Gratitude...
Ms. Vabis (YOUR BIG FAN)

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Treasure Island
https://librivox.org/treasure-island-by ... evenson-2/

Dear Adrian

Thank you for reading Treasure Island. Your recording was beautifully made in every way.
The spoken passages were read with feeling and depth, in tones which perfectly suited the book.
Your humour shone through, especially in those passages that you sang.
Finally, you even took the trouble to add chorus and similar sound effects which enriched the experience further.
A delight to listen to - thank you!

Jonathan

Nottingham, England.
and...
I’m a little old lady, living alone on a small island off the coast of B.C., Canada. A voracious reader all my life I am now visually challenged. Thank you for the many books you’ve read for Librivox. I’ve listened to so many of them. You’ve opened many doors and brought me hours upon hours of pleasure. I love the wide variety of what you read and particularly those relating to the great outdoors.
May the sun shine on your shoulder - always.

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I’m a little old lady, living alone on a small island off the coast of B.C., Canada. A voracious reader all my life I am now visually challenged. Thank you for the many books you’ve read for Librivox. I’ve listened to them all. You’ve opened so many doors for me and brought me such pleasure.
Sending you sunshine and peace of mind.
Always.
Cheers.

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!