'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I want to say thank you to M.B. (that's all he gave of his name), who read Jonathan Harker in Dracula (dramatic reading version 2).

I just thought he was fantastic and has such a unique voice. Really brought life to the character and I fell in love with the book.

Thank you!

-Angie.

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for digitaltoast (Jonathan Horniblow) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have been making my way through the librivox catalog, and after I had listened to the the obvious choices I started to choose instead by going through the work of readers whose voices I enjoyed. I encountered yours in the Shakespeare monologues collection but when I looked for more I only found half a page of recordings ! Thank you for contributing your time and talents for the ones you have done. (Any chance of more ?)

All of Jonathan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EVH (eva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi there,

I want to send a thank you message for the audio book reader Eva Harnick after reading up to book six of War and Peace (Still going but its a slow process!). Her voice is exactly the voice I think of whenever I recall Pierre becoming a Freemason, or when Nicholas and Pierre struggle to find life's purpose. Let her know she is absolutely amazing and that I will never forget her name!

Kind Regards,

James

All of eva's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Mil,

I have listened to all your Dickens readings and think they are brilliant. Thank you so much.

I hope you will do more in the future.

and...
Dear Mil,

You’ll forgive the familiarity, when you learn that I have spent the last six months listening to you as I walked the streets of London, Highgate Cemetery (Catherine and Dora’s resting place), Gads Hill Place, Bleak House at Broadstairs, Westminster, Mary Hogarth’s grave in Kensal Green, the remains of the Marshalsea Prison… well you get the idea.

Your voice has been my constant companion, enriching my life on my solo journey around the world as I finish my first work of fiction (age 65).

Your skill is marvelous, your abilities superb. I know Charles and his characters intimately, because of you.

All but two words fail me, thank you.

Edward
Self-appointed charter member of the Mil Nicholson Fan Club

and...
Bravo! I just heard your reading of Dombey and Son. It was a tour de force. Thank You so much.

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for John Lieder (John Lieder) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

We have recently discovered your wonderful readings the following Thornton W. Burgess:

The Adventures of Reddy Fox

The Adventures of Jimmy Skunk

The Adventures of Johnny Chuck

We are not finished there. We still have plenty more Burgess books to get through and I am happy to see you have recorded more. My son is absolutely taken with these stories. You tell them in such an entertaining and delightful manner, and the characters come so alive for us! My boy listens to a few chapters while in bed, after we have our own story time with him, and then first thing in the morning, he asks for another few chapters. I am enjoying these old childhood stories again, and am so happy my boy is delighting in your read alouds of them.

Thank you so very much!

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Starlite (Esther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Fur Country:

Thank you and very well done. Your voice seemed familiar; did you participate in the group effort of: In Search of the Castaways?

Sent from the messy desk and cluttered mind of Randy: Bucky's imaginary raccoon.

All of Esther's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Dormouse3 (Mike Harris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mike,

I just discovered your recording of G.A. Henty's "The Dragon and the Raven" (one of my favorite from Henty.) I've listened to many different readers for these books and after just a few minutes of hearing you I am over the top delighted! You are fantastic! I then checked and saw that you've recorded quite a few others, and I'm even more excited. My husband and three boys and I will get so much pleasure from listening to all of your stories on our road trips in the coming years. Thank you so much for your skill, work, and free gift in recording these.

Sincerely,
Tamara

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Quinkish (Rachel Lintern) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Under the Greenwood Tree:

Sincere thanks to Rachel Lintern
I really enjoyed this perfect reading of a favourite book.

All of Rachel's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jvanstan (John Van Stan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Candide (version 3) https://librivox.org/candide-by-voltaire-3/

I first discovered your librivox work with the Celebrated Crimes series. I had already read several of them, but I went back and listened to your versions anyway because I found them to be far more entertaining than simply reading them.

And now your version of Candide has truly raised the bar. Your vocal characterizations are absolutely enthralling. I can assure you it is better than anything available on tv.

I look forward to more of your librivox projects in the future.

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi

I would like to thank David Clarke for reading Sherlock Holmes stories (Adventures, Return and Memoirs). He has an excellent reading voice, very clear, words well enunciated, absolutely a boon for hard of hearing listeners. He does not rush the reading but keeps you inthralled from beginning to end. I love the way he changes his voice with the different characters. I now search for ALL his audibook readings at Librivox.

Brilliant! PLEASE KEEP READING. You are a blessing. I would LOVE to hear you read books such as Where Eagles Dare, The Dirty Dozen, The Jackal, and of course, all the Inspector Poirot stories!

When one is elderly and cannot read so long anymore, these audiobooks are such a wonderful blessing, particularly at night when sleep does not come easy, then one can just lie and listen to the downloaded mp3 audiobooks from Librivox. THANK YOU SO MUCH LIBRIVOX !! May God bless you richly.

Best regards

Nettie

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Caeristhiona (Kristen Ferreri) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Reader:

I wanted to thank you for reading Lotos-Eaters. Excellent reading, very engaging. I will be listening again.

---
Stephen
Chelsea, MI (USA)

All of Kristen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Cori

I am thoroughly enjoying hearing you read 'The scarlet Letter’. I started reading the book, but found myself at times lost in the length of the sentences and paragraphs. Your voice is so clear, pleasing and expressive and easy to understand.

It couldn’t have been an easy task for you to record the novel. I’m sure that without the audio I would not finish the book for my bookclub.

Thank you so much.

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Thank You. Yes I did participate in the group effort of "In Search of the Castaways".

icequeen wrote: July 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm Praise received for Starlite (Esther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Fur Country:

Thank you and very well done. Your voice seemed familiar; did you participate in the group effort of: In Search of the Castaways?

Sent from the messy desk and cluttered mind of Randy: Bucky's imaginary raccoon.

All of Esther's recordings!
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Want to thank you for reading several books I’ve recently listened to. The last was “Two Diaries” You have a good voice and move right along, which I appreciate.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pch006 (Paul Hansen), Sandra7 (Sandra G), Jacquerie (Jacquerie) and gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I would very much like to thank the following readers:

--Paul Hansen for The Heart of the World, by H. Rider Haggard: the tone is just right!

--Sandra G for Poor Miss Finch, by Wilkie Collins: amazing, moving, wonderful book and amazing, moving, wonderful reading! I do miss the characters, the author's voice, and the reader!

--Jacquerie for Miss or Mrs.?, also by Wilkie Collins: I can't help wondering why this hasn't been made into a movie. Merci so much, Jacquerie!

--Elizabeth Klett for Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen: another outstanding reading by Ms. Klett, whose contributions to Libri Vox are always a joy.

Just so that you know, I am a visually handicapped person, a many-times published author (with quite a number of audio books made from my nonfiction writing), a Libri Vox addict, and a very small-time contributor ($) to your great organization. I look forward to making another (alas, very small) donation later this year.

Many thanks to all of you for what you do. You bring light into the lives of countless thousands of people like me whose eyes are no longer in a condition that allows for pleasurable reading experiences.

All the best,

David

All of Paul's recordings!
All of Sandra's recordings!
All of Jacquerie's recordings!
All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!