'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cadam10e (Cheryl Adam) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wanted to thank Cheryl Adam for her excellent readings, she is the GREATEST !!! I hope she is OK, and planning some more readings. Thanks again Cheryl, and PLEASE read more Penny Parker stories !!! Gene

All of Cheryl's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for fvogel (Felipe Vogel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks so much!

I really loved your reading of Seneca's Moral Letters. Your tone, rhythm and diction make this book a pleasure to listen to.

Thanks again!
Jenn

All of Felipe's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Paul Adams (Paul Adams) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to give Paul a shout-out for a terrific reading of A Tale of Two Cities. I just finished listening to the entire set of three books and who-knows-how-many chapters. I was really drawn into the story and loved the passion and consistency of your reading.

I even came to admire the little 'voice accents' applied to the major characters.

The final chapters were very moving; I was sad the story had ended.

And, as a final compliment, your reading has inspired me to take a shot as a LibriVox Reader as well. I hope I can carry on the tradition for others!

All my best,

Robert

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To librivox reader mb:

I wanted to let you know how much I've been enjoying your work, and in particular, your dramatic readings. Normally, I just look for the titles and authors that interest me, but since happening on one of your dramatic readings, I've been specifically searching for dramatized readings where you have a role. Most recenrly, I've been listening to Dracula. I needed a more cheerful story after Beyond the Horizon! Speaking of horizons, I wonder if they might consider featuring you in a dramatized reading of Lost Horizon. In any case, thank you so much for the many hours you've worked to bring these stories to life for people like me!

I hope you'll pardon any typos resulting from typing awkwardly on a small tablet with a cat pulling at my hands for attention.

Best Wishes--

W.

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Found on Youtube. He/his voice is a blessing. Live long and prosper Mr. Barnes.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for hhafen (Hans Hafen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Sehr geehrter Herr Hafen,

ich möchte mich herzlichst bei Ihnen bedanken für Ihr Hörbuch

https://librivox.org/uli-der-knecht-by-jeremias-gotthelf/

Hervorragend gelesen, ein Ereignis für Geist und Seele, sehr angenehm anzuhören. Man kann es nicht besser lesen.

Im Besonderen: ich habe das Hörbuch meiner 84-jährigen Mutter gegeben. Sie war schon immer ein Fan von Jeremias Gotthelf. Aber Ihre Lesung hat sie ganz glücklich gemacht. Sie war über Tage hinweg ganz entzückt, dass sie in ihrem Alter das noch einmal hören kann, nachdem ihr das Lesen mittlerweile schwer fällt. Vielen Dank, dass sie dies möglich gemacht haben - Vielen Dank!

All of Hans' recording!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ms. Nicholson,

I discovered you about two weeks ago, when I downloaded your reading of Barnaby Rudge. I've since learned, with a total lack of surprise, that you're something of a celebrity and likely in no need of my encouragement. However, I'd be uneasy with myself if I didn't express my appreciation.

Your rendering of Miggs's voice, in particular, gives me delight. (Well, it's nails on a chalkboard, but you know what I mean.) When I heard the part where Miggs reveals her fangs to Dolly and Emma, I think I set a record for the number of times I've backed up an audiobook to listen to a segment again.

Thank you!
and...
My gratitude to Mil Nicolson for the extraordinary performance of “Barnaby Rudge” (v. 2)!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Bob Neufeld, for your excellent reading of The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli (https://librivox.org/the-prince-by-niccolo-machiavelli-3/). I have been aware of The Prince since my teen years in the late sixties when my father taught the book in a college humanities program. Somehow I got the impression then that The Prince was an X-rated autobiography of a prince named Machiavelli. How wrong I was! I am glad I finally rectified my ignorance.

I downloaded your reading of The Prince to listen to while walking on the treadmill each day, in a rare detour from my typical novels. I wanted to educate myself as to why The Prince is so well-known and so important. Although the text is not very entertaining, I appreciate Machiavelli's lucid insights and succinct summary of how to be a prince. As a retired computer systems analyst I loved the way much of Machiavelli's logic is as straightforward as a flowchart... if this, do this.

You flawlessly navigated Machiavelli's sentence structures, which were often long, filled with asides and qualifications. I found your voice, pace, and flow to be easy to listen to. I was quite impressed with how effortlessly you seemed to pronounce the many foreign names in Machiavelli's abundant examples. Well done and thanks!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DebraLynn (Debra Lynn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Well Debra,

I hope you're proud of yourself. You made me wet the bed. I was lying there (laying?) listening to The Sorrows of a Summer Guest, and when you read these lines:

“Do you know what I would do with that cedar summer-house if it was mine?” I asked my host the next day.

“No,” he said.

“I’d knock the thing down and burn it,” I answered.

That did it. It's not nearly as funny when I'm reading it in print, but your interpretation of the dialogue and lines through the whole book is fantastic. Thank you for the belly laughs.

All of Debra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I've listened to your version of Pride and Prejudice more than once now, and upon looking for more by Austen I noticed you've read Emma and Persuasion as well! I can't wait to hear them, you have a lovely voice and seem to find the stories as politely scathing as I do, I love Austen's dry humorous style and you do her more justice than me reading it silently myself ever has. Thank you for doing these, I'll be back for more, I'm sure! i hope you have a wonderful Valentine's and a beautiful spring,

Megan 🌹

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the Dramatic Reading of Romeo and Juliet from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for this recording with all the different voices for the characters! Teaching Shakespeare to Freshmen in high school is always an arduous task, but with this audio, students are more engaged and more attentive which means they are learning about how great Shakespeare was at writing! Thanks for all you do!

Kristin
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jacquerie (Jacquerie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Many thanks to Jacquerie for The Mill Mystery, by Anna Katherine Green, which I have just finished listening to. Excellent reading, and your voice and style were perfect for the era and female protaganist of this book. I greatly appreciate the time and effort invested.

All of Jacquerie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the Arsene Lupin books from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi,

I am an animator and script-writer living in Los Angeles, and I just wanted to take a moment to THANK YOU for the many hours of entertainment you have helped to provide to me. I only recently discovered the ORIGINAL Maurice Leblanc Arsene Lupin novels and short stories… and I am very grateful for the fine job you did giving voice to Leblanc’s work. I am enjoying them immensely.

With my sincere appreciation,

Nick
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of David Copperfield:

Dear Tadhg

Thanks for making this book such a self-experienced adventure.

Your manner of reading the book and giving each character in the book its own unique personality, made everything appear so real that at the end I felt the „Loss“ of some very dear and close friends.

I will most definitely „visit“ those friends again very soon and after having listened to other narrations by you.

Best regards

Gaby

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

regarding her reading of Mansfield Park
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your reading style is perfect. Much appreciated.
and...
Hello!

I've been listening to The Secret Garden and just wanted to say thank you for this amazing reading! I have a hard time concentrating and with Karen it's been so easy, and the accents and characters are so well done, it's just been really great.

Thank you!

https://librivox.org/the-secret-garden-by-frances-hodgson-burnett-version-2/

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!