'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A general thank you to Mr Nelson for excellent delivery on all the books I have listened to so far. Most of these have been the books of Murray Leinster.

Looking forward to listening to many more.

Yours,

Alastair

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for euthymius (Euthymius) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A huge thank you to Euthymius for your readings of Charles Dickens. There is something very soothing and musical about your voice. A while ago I got some visual problems that made it difficult for me to read. You brought me great joy by reading The Old Curiosity Shop to me. Thank you! I am so grateful. 😊

https://librivox.org/the-old-curiosity-shop-by-charles-dickens/

All of Euthymius' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kirk202 (KirksVoice) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Rosicrucian Mysteries:
Thank you for making this available!

All of KirksVoice's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jimmowatt (Jim Mowatt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks be to thee, o reader.

I very much enjoyed the two John Hartley poems Babby Burds and Next Morning in the Yorkshire dialect. I wondered if your dialect is accurate (native speaker, professional actor, or what not)?

p.s.I also liked your Mysteries of Udolpho and Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

Ross
Roebuck, South Carolina

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished listening to your wonderful reading of Valley of Fear https://librivox.org/the-valley-of-fear-version-3-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/

You really bring the story to life with all the different voices you use for the characters. I'm American, and I was impressed with your impersonation of an American accent for the appropriate characters. You also spoke clearly and made it easy to understand. Thanks for volunteering your talent.

Karen

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barrat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Sirs,

I would like to say, Cate Barret is greatly missed. I'm going through her works. She didn't use different voices, but it feels like different characters. Her French is understandable, too.

I tried using the URL listed, but it would not go through.

If you're still able to communicate with her, let her know I appreciate all the exceptional work she gave to us.

Sincerely,
Ms. Elizabeth

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Savage,

A heartfelt thank you for your wonderful reading of “Persuasion”, I am not a native English speaker and I would have never been able to appreciate the many nuances of this beautiful book by myself if it weren’t for the colours and the subtle animation that your perfect reading has lent to the text.

Your generous work is a valuable contribution to the dissemination of British literature across the world and I sincerely hope that you are rightfully acknowledged as an ambassador of Jane Austen’s legacy.

Last but not least, I wish the very best to you and your loved ones, may you all be happy and safe.

Kind regards,

Valentina

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Mr. Evers, for your empathetic reading of THE DUST FLOWER by Basil King. You gave me many hours of listening pleasure!

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I’m referring to War And Peace, that Dole translation, read by MaryAnne

Just wanted to thank you MaryAnne for your herculean effort so far - I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it! My listening pace is apparently about the same as your recording pace, as I started listening more than four years ago, and am now just about done with book two. I didn’t realize when I started listening (through the “AudioBooks” app) that it was still a recording in progress! :o)

I also wanted to encourage you as you continue to work on book three, and also offer assistance if it would be helpful in any way. Sounds like you’ve had some “life issues,” but if someone to come alongside and help would be good, I might just be able to do that!

Blessings,
Eric

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for maxfarce (Don W. Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thankyou Don W Jenkins for your excellent reading of Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens. Ive listened to quite a lot of audio books on audible and librivox, enjoyed them for sure, but yours is the first reading I thought got it really bang on right. Thankyou so much, its really great listening to you read.
Best wishes
Jane (London Uk

All of Don's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Worst Journey in the World, Vol 2
Apsley Cherry-Garrard (1886 - 1959)

Thank you very much for putting in the time to make an audio recording of this book. I read Vol. 1 separately and then read Vol. 2 reading along to your audio recording and found it very entertaining. Where it took me a month and a half to get through volume 1 reading along I got through Vol. 2 in just 2 days because I found your recording so well done and entertaining 😊 I think you are doing very valuable work in making this book more easily accessible.

Best wishes.

Carson

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Martykrz (Marty Kris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello, Marty!

You're a fantastic reader . I love it when you do voices :) as in "Unconscious Humor" and "Mr. Dooley and the Game of Football".

https://librivox.org/the-wit-and-humor-of-america-volume-6-by-various/

My Lord, I was rolling in bed laughing. You're an entertainer at heart. I wonder what line of work you're in.

Thanks again :) Hope you come to Victoria, BC, Canada. I will give you a tour of the sights - for free.

Martin

All of Marty's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I just wanted to thank Mark Smith for the carefull, engaging narration of two books I have finished listening to on my podcast player (Podcast Addicts). These two (very different) classics from my childhood accompanied me for hours of walk / run / houseworks lately. Thank you so much for the amazing effort!
Here are the links...:
https://librivox.org/tarzan-of-the-apes/
https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-sherlock-holmes-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle-2/

Thanks again from Port Moody, BC (Canada),
Ornit

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DSayers (Denny Sayers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Reader: Denny Sayers
A Journal of the Plague Year, by Daniel Defoe
https://librivox.org/a-journal-of-the-plague-year-by-daniel-defoe/

Dear Mr. Sayers,
This title was mentioned in the author description of my copy of Robinson Crusoe and you cannot know how pleased I was to find it in the librivox library. Thank you for taking the many hours to read it. I am on part 14 and have already benefited from the thoughts, feelings, and journalistic accounts of Defoe. I find myself constantly mentioning it in my conversations. You are easy to listen to and I appreciate how you've presented Defoe's voice.

Well done, and again, my heartfelt thanks.
-Kristin

All of Denny's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mongope

Post by mongope »

icequeen wrote: May 26th, 2021, 8:46 pm Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
THANK YOU so very, very much for your great pronunciation/intonation/reading!!! THANK YOU!!!

Happy days!!

Saludos cordiales,

FM

All of Mongope's recordings!
Gracias a ti, FM, por tu reconocimiento!! Mil gracias :D
Montse