'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cereselle (Lorelle Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Lorelle,

I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely recordings you have shared through Librivox. Books such as A Garland for Girls, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, and Just Patty bring such comfort, joy, and refreshment to me. They are so charming and carefree, yet full of beautiful meaning, and your voice suits them so well.

Thank you,
Emily

All of Lorelle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

For your excellent reading of the last chapter of The Four Feathers (among other works). Reading out the author’s (usually abbreviated) full name at the end was a nice and informative touch.

Regards,

-Sean

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for eggs4ears (Phil Benson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just wanted to thank Phil Benson for his reading of Hard Times.

I am a historian and college teacher, but have never been able to get into Dickens. I started Great Expectations several times, and I visited Dickens house in London, but wasn't really captured. Although I read quickly, I have just begun with audiobooks for my morning walk. Your rendition started me on reading Dickens, thanks to your characterizations and interpretation of his writing.

Thanks again,

Lisa

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr Keeble,
I've been a Librivox listener for about five or six years, I suppose, and in that time I've heard some really terrific readers. I've never been moved to thank one until now.

I first stumbled upon the Dr Nikola series while searching for mysteries to get me through my sinks full of dirty dishes. (Some of us still wash dishes by hand.) I was so gripped by the first one that I eagerly went through all the rest... finishing with what I gather was the last one you recorded, but not the last in the series.

I then discovered that you had recorded Great Expectations, and gave it a try. I have just finished it. This was far too good to consign to dishwashing, and besides, I've been home sick with a tenacious virus. The days have been passing pleasantly (take that, virus!) as I immersed myself in Pip, either lying immobile or sitting up and mending a tattered jacket. I've been able to focus on every word, and every vocal nuance. It has been a joy.

Many years ago I listened to a commercial recording of this book, but it hadn't a fraction of the impact that your rendition had. Yours is the best reading I've ever heard, and I simply had to write and thank you. In fact, I was so taken with it that I've started it over again...something I've never done before. At first, I just wanted to hear the opening chapters again, and--with knowledge of hindsight--see how Dickens had set it all up. But it's too good to stop, abruptly...and so, I'm reveling in listening to it a second time. It's heart-wrenching, through and through, and you bring out all the pathos and wisdom without being too overt about it. Your rendition is understated, and the more powerful for it. You have Joe's voice perfect; in fact, all the voices are perfect. The Aged Parent is perfect. Wemmick is masterful. The convict is...perfect.

All in all, I can't thank you enough for volunteering to give us these books. Know that they have made a positive impact on the world.

Gratefully,

E.R.

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

What a delight to be beginning a new year with Martin Geeson reading Rabelais. We first encountered MG when we listened to his reading of Rousseau’s Confessions.
So much to look forward to as 2019 begins.

Please communicate our appreciation,
Patricia and Livio,
Canberra,
Australia

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DSayers (Denny Sayers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Denny Sayers (d. 2015):

Thanks very much for your excellent work on English Synonyms and Antonyms by James Champlin Fernald. https://librivox.org/english-synonyms-and-antonyms-by-james-champlin-fernald/

I love this book and I really appreciate having an audio version (it helps me sleep ;)

Thanks again!

All of Denny's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MorganScorpion (MorganScorpion) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear MorganScorpion:

Thank you very much for your excellent work on English Synonyms and Antonyms by James Champlin Fernald. https://librivox.org/english-synonyms-and-antonyms-by-james-champlin-fernald/

I love this book and I really appreciate having an audio version (it helps me sleep ;)

Thanks again!

All of MorganScorpion's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for paulc (Paul Curran) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Paul,

Just finished listening to your reading of Rookwood…fantastic, really inspirational! Thanks! And I’ve suggested it for listening to a Greek teacher of English, so it will spread the news of Librivox.org.

Yours,

Dave

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Elizabby (Beth Thomas) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Beth,

When it comes to classic literature, I have listened to and searched for your voice on many occasions. If you have the opportunity, I would suggest that you would be well-suited to 'Solo' projects because your voice and accent is quite endearing.

Last week I was looking for more Baroness Orczy (Scarlet Pimpernel) stories and came across The Laughing Cavalier. This story is one in particular where I feel your expressive voice and talent would be appreciated throughout the entire story.

I also, happen to think you could be a 'professional' reader. (However, I don't know what that entails, but I because I travel a lot I come across all sorts of readers via Audible or Library2Go.)

Regardless, I wanted to say "Thanks!" ... and keep up the good work!

Looking forward to your next 'Solo' project!

-Dennis

All of Beth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Good Morning Bob,

I don't recall if I've thanked you for your readings in the past or not. I've listened to your reading of, , the Scrivener (version 2), Heart of Darkness (version 2) and am currently enjoying A Tale of Two Cities (version 3). I've read a few small things for Librivox and can appreciate the time and effort that goes into a reading . . . especially, something as monumental and classic as A Tale of Two Cities. I very much enjoy your voice and reading style and wanted to thank you.

Respectfully,

John
Southeast Missouri

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am currently listening to Middlemarch Version 2. I just finished Part 1.

I am very impressed with margaret espaillat. Her reading has nuance, strong diction, and warmth.
I have listened to many recorded books (both purchased and free), but this is by far the best reading I have encountered.

I was hesitant in starting MiddleMarch. I am not an academic, and have tried and given up on many classics.
But the combination of Geoge Eliot's prose and Margaret's kind and assured voice, it is quickly becoming my favorite book of fiction that I have ever "read."

Thank You Margaret. You have a true fan who is looking forward to Part 2.

Sincerely,

Joe
Carmel, Indiana

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Ms. Klett read Jane Eyre. So natural sounding, especially on the dialogue. Thanks so much for your great work and I can’t wait to read more stuff narrated by Klett.

Bobbi
and...

Hello,
I wish to thank Elizabeth Klett for her generosity.
Her recordings, not only "Pride and Prejudice" but all of Jane Austen's novels are a masterpiece
and an example of good taste as if it were J. Austen herself.
Thank you very much for the opportunity to listen to such great recordings,
thanks to them my English is getting better and better, with joy.
With the hope that I did not make too many mistakes.
Once more my very, very thanks.

Yours sincerely
Katarzyna
(Poland)

https://librivox.org/pride-and-prejudice-solo-version-3-by-jane-austen/
All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KOMunley (Kyle M.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This thank-you note pertains to version 5 of A Christmas Carol, narrated by Kyle M.
https://librivox.org/a-christmas-carol-by-charles-dickens-4/
Kyle did a fantastic job reading this classic! As a matter of fact, he is the most professional-sounding Librivox narrator which I have heard thus far. His voice sounds like someone reading for the commercial audiobook market even though he is a volunteer reader. I am also impressed by his ability to create different voices for the various characters. Wow!

All of Kyle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you, Laurie Anne, for your reading of The Diary from Dixie. I am early into this and listen as I knit a lace shawl, much like one Mary Chestnut might have worn. Your voice is fitting of a Southern Gentlewoman, and brings the diary to life. Thanks again for your volunteering to read for LibriVox!

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you so much for your great reading of Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility. I listen and relisten to your readings every night, as I suffer from tinnitus and find it hard to get to sleep. Your voice is so clear and relaxing, well-paced and expressive that you bring all of the characters alive for me. It's great to know that when I fall asleep I can pick up the story again the next night. Your work is greatly appreciated. Thank you again. Anne
and...

Hi!

I wanted to thank Karen Savage for her recording of Persuasion by Jane Austen. It's one of my favourite books, and originally I just planned to listen to it for a 'little bit' to help me clean, but I enjoyed myself so much with this particular audiobook, I ended up listening to it in its entirety. I truly enjoyed every moment of it.
Thank you so much! It will definitely not be the last time I will listen to it.

Sincerely,

Sarah

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!