'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ahab wrote: November 6th, 2018, 8:21 am Bruce, thanks so much for these kind words. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the reading and that it was a good entry into Moby Dick for you!

Best wishes,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: November 5th, 2018, 8:32 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Wills,

I just finished listening to your reading of Moby Dick, and I enjoyed it immensely. I have not had the time to sit down and read Moby Dick so your reading of it my first exposure to the book. My daily commute is about 45 minutes each way, and I have spent the last several weeks listening to your reading. You did a fantastic job with the voices of each character. I could always tell who was speaking by the voice. Thank you for taking the time to record this book. I will listen the to book again sometime in the future. I’m downloading your reading of Lord Jim as I write this.

Thanks again,

Bruce

All of Stewart's recordings!

I have sent this one for you, thanks Stewart!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr Chenevert,

I've first been listening to the Oz series by L. Frank Baum, and every time I'd get to a new book, I simply played the first one available, but if I simply couldn't continue with one reader, I discovered you were often in the list of versions to hear. I found that your readings always sound clean, pleasant, professional, and animated properly, all of which are important, particularly with children's stories, and so I began to seek out your recordings. Your voice is warm and friendly, and I feel as though I'm sitting near someone with children all around him, listening intently to the story being read. I've wished I could send you a message of compliment and thanks, but didn't realize there was a method in place, until now.

I'm currently listening to The Road to Oz (Version 2) https://librivox.org/the-road-to-oz-by-l-frank-baum-2/ and reached the point at which the group finds the Musicker in Chapter 8, and I had to chuckle when you not only read the words, but you actually sang the tune along with them! And clearly you're an established singer and knew exactly what you were doing. At that point I needed to seek out a way to thank you for being a part of this project! You are a gift.

In the process of seeking out a way to thank you, I realized how many books you've read! I'm looking forward to hearing more of you. I'm an adult, but love the simplicity and imagination of children's and youth literature, and so finding someone who reads so beautifully is a joy. Thank you for all your dedication and sharing your talents with us!

Very sincerely,

Dione

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dii (Diana Majlinger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Many thanks to Diana Majlinger for her wonderful reading of 'The Science of Getting Rich' (Wattles)! She has a wonderfully captivating voice and very delightfully presented the book in such a way that I will look for other books read by her.

Thank you!
Dwayne

All of Diana's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for marybard (Mary Bard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Bard,

I want to thank you so much for your wonderful narration of Anna Katharine Green's Lost Man's Lane. It is such an extreme pleasure to listen to your voice. Although, I am aware that the bookstore setting is in the United States, I must confess that I would rather listen to someone with such a lovely, cultured accent, than any female American reader. I must confess that I say this even though I am an American female. Your voice lacks that strident, nasal quality that so many women here have, and your timing and phrasing is so beautiful. I am hoping to inspire you to do more readings. I would listen to anything you choose to record.

I can relax in my sitting room, which I have decorated in Victorian style, and listening to you, almost imagine that I am in the era of horse drawn carriages and candelabra. I cannot read for any sustained period due to a degenerative, neurological problem, so your narration a!lows me to close my eyes and envelop myself in a bygone world of culture and beautiful language. Thank you so much for turning what would otherwise be lonely evenings, into evenings of suspense and romance. Your work is so greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Cheryl, N.J., U.S.A.

All of Mary's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Donal Grant:

Great job on a solo audio book. Very well done. Thank you.

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for 2peltons (Mike Pelton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Your reading of "Hunting in East Africa" was very enjoyable.

It was a fun story and you did a great job.

Thank you so much.

Much appreciated.

C

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for toodles49 (Todd Jenken) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your splendid reading of

By the Margin of the Deep by George William Russell

All of Todd's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for icyjumbo (icyjumbo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wanted to thank icyjumbo for the audiobook of Tom Brown's School Days. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his rendition. It's done to a very high and professional standard, with perfectly clear voice and pronunciation. A joy to listen to.

All of icyjumbo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Smith

Thank you so much for your reading of "Mysterious Island" by Jules Verne. We have listened to it for the past 3 weeks on our way to and from school where our 8 year old attends.

We were amazed at his excitement as he listened to your voice with anticipation...hanging on your every word.

Thank you for so wonderfully bringing to life this timeless classic!

Kind regards,

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ElliotSwanson (Elliot Swanson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording in the group project of Vagabonding Down the Andres:

I'd like to thank "Elliot Swanson" for presenting this Story in a calm, deliberate and well modulated tone of voice that was comforting and informative to listen to. Well Done Elliot!

All of Elliot's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I personally would like to thank TriciaG for her amazing reading and wonderful voice. She is a wonderful narrator and just has a perfect tone throughout her recordings. Thank you Tricia!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Attention to the reader: Richard Kilmer
Title: The Night Horseman

https://librivox.org/the-night-horseman-by-max-brand/

Dear Mr. Kilmer,

I wanted to express thanks and appreciation for your riveting reading of The Night Horseman. Your voice did this classic work a great service.

Also, I wanted to let you know that I’ve used a sample of your reading the book in a song that was released today.

Thanks again to you,

- Canton

All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Para Victor Villarraza por Los Nibelungos y La Guerra de los Mundos

Muy estimado:

En menos de un mes ya le estoy escribiendo de nuevo por un par de libros más que he tenido la dicha de disfrutar gracias a vuestro voluntariado (y hace crecer mis ganas de grabar al menos un libro en mis cercanas vacaciones).
He disfrutado de las idas y venidas de los Nibelungos, de cómo tuvo tanta mala suerte Sigfrido por los celos entre Crimilda y Brunegilda (o como se escriban). Disfruté amargamente la brillante relación de la penosa muerte del Margrave Rudiguero. Hacía tiempo que un capítulo de un libro no me conmovía tanto.
Cada personaje de esta historia tiene un sentimiento asociado e incluso un cóctel de sentires en cada persona que aparece en el relato.
Brillante su obra, amigo mío!!!
La guerra de los mundos fue más un caos de situaciones que pude trazar al modo que en el salto de un komondor, entre todos sus pelos, uno distingue una parábola ordenada.
Me volvió a impresionar la frase de cuando vi la película de Spielberg de que "ningún hombre vive en vano" y la que nunca había registrado de que "las enfermedades cobraban con la humanidad su diezmo" para luego proteger al hombre.
La gran edición del audio, particularmente en el silencio tras cruzar el puente que hace cesar el ruido del primer marciano muerto, hacen ver la gran dedicación que haces de este trabajo.
Fuerte abrazo y ya me dispongo a descargar más y más.
MUCHAS GRACIAS.

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi -

This is just a "thank you" for your inspired and flawless reading of "The Princess Casamassima". It brings clarity and insight to the book!

Best regards,

Ross

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for k5hsj (Winston Tharp) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am listening to A Bullet for Cinderella by J D Macdonald and would like to congratulate Mr Tharp on his excellent and evocative reading which does full justice to this riveting thriller.

All of Winston's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!