'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Lizzie, I’m listening to the whole of Gibbon’s Decline of Rome. Your voice is SO GREAT, definitely my favorite of all the Librivox readers I have heard. I wish you had the time to do the whole thing. Thank you for contributing. R.W., Austin, Texas

All of Lizzie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johngon (John Gonzalez) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good Day:

I just heard Mr. Gonzalez’s The Picture of Dorian Gray. You did a tremendous job, young man. Thank you for your volunteer work. If you don’t mind the question, what year did you record this and at what age were you?

Regards,

D

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for knotyouraveragejo (J.M. Smallheer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My compliments to J.M.Smallheer for her reading of Christopher Morley's "The Haunted Book Shop".

An excellent reading, with just enough variation in tone to make the listener alert for what was to happen next in the story. I look forward to finding another of her reading which I am sure I will enjoy,no matter what the book or story is. Thanks again, J.M., if I may call you by your initials.

All of J.M.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, Kara (KayRay) for being such in an integral part of our family over the years. We were a big “read out loud” family, though our boys are now 40 and 35, and you were such a part of that. When Mom or Dad got tired, especially on a rainy day, the kids would clamor for KayRay. And as they got older, the Tolkien books were everyone’s favorite.

We have been cheering you on over the years, hoping that there would be a miracle and your health would improve...even that we could someday meet you and say hi in person. We live close by in the Tri-Valley area, not far from Union City/ Fremont. So sorry you had the latest health crisis, but glad for the good resolution. Even if you seem alone (no visitors allowed!) do know that there are a lot of people like us who think about you, pray for you, and are so thankful for your legacy of stories!

All best,
The Allen Family

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

First I’d like to thank all you Librivox folk for the audio books I listen to on my daily constitutionals.

And in particular I’d like to than Mark Smith of Simpsonsville, South Carolina, for his superb reading of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. The naiveté he gets into his voice, the boyish enthusiasm he brings to the reading, and the velvet of his voice itself brought the whole novel alive for me in ways I’d not imagined the last couple of times I read my hard cover edition.

Send this on to him if you get the chance.

In the meantime,

Go Well and Stay Well,

Bheka

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Lewis and Clark:
Thank you Mr. Melin for transporting me through arduous conditions in the hands of the most enterprising of explorers along the Missouri, Snake, Maria, and overland into the Columbia delta. Time-traveling with you brought me many hours of pleasure.

At this time of sheltering in place, who could ever guess the journey I’ve been on! I am grateful to Librivox and to you for making this possible.

With appreciation,

Your intrepid Listener, Alice

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Caeristhiona (Kirsten Ferreri) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
There was a reader on Gibbon Decline and Fall of Rome named Kirsten Ferreri. She is an EXCELLENT reader, and I would listen to anything she read.

All of Kristen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to express my thankfulness for Cori Samuel’s reading of the 1818 version of Frankenstein (https://librivox.org/frankenstein-or-the-modern-prometheus-1818-by-mary-wollstonecraft-shelley/).

I’m writing on my bachelor’s thesis and it was nice to have her soothing voice as company, and her accent fit the text beautifully.

Thomas from Italy, studying in Vienna

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Phil,

Thank you so much for your incredible Wizard of Oz readings! We discovered these audio-books in the past month, during the corona-virus quarantine, and we are hooked. Your pleasant, melodious reading, coupled with your talented acting skills has kept my 3 children, ranging from ages 4 to 8, captivated for hours. We don't know what we do without you!

We are currently listening to the enchanted tale of Trot and Cap'n bill and are marveling at your many marvelous voices, especially the Ork!

https://archive.org/details/thescarecrowofoz_1404_librivox/thescarecrowofoz_03_baum_128kb.mp3

Stay well!

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Mr. Praetzellis, thank you so much for taking the time to read the entirety of Siddhartha. You made five hours of reading worthwhile for a busy high schooler prepping for a seminar.

Stay safe!
Meilin

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for niobium (Leon Harvey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for the fine reading of https://librivox.org/golden-bough-1-by-james-frazer/
I have just sampled it. Please continue onto the rest!

Tony

All of Leon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
msfry

Post by msfry »

I would like to thank Rhonda Federman for her outstanding reading of The Way Of All Flesh, by Samuel Butler. back in 2008. This long book was one of the 100 Modern Library Classics I've had on my shelf and wanted to complete for over 40 years, and listening to Rhonda's steady rendering of it's tedious but brilliant psychological twists and turns of the coming of age of a young boy to manhood, under the thumb of well-to-do, pious, judgmental and selfishly manipulative parents and grandparents, was a tour-de-force. I have since downloaded her other solos and look forward to listening to each of them. It looks like Rhonda has not been active on LV for several years, but I hope she gets this congratulations on a most excellent performance. Thank you.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Karen Savage for her reading of Jane Austen’s Persuasion, which I found on YouTube. You made my work-day go much more quickly.
and...
Thank you, Ms. Savage for a wonderful reading of The Secret Garden. The story brought many enjoyable hours to me during this time of sheltering in.

In gratitude,

Alice
and...
Thank you, Ms. Savage for your reading of Ten From Infinity. It was a surprise listening to your American accent after listening to your reading of the Secret Garden with an English accent. And both accents were perfect.

I did not like this story but I loved your presentation. Even a dreadful story read by you is a pleasure.

Thank you

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you John Greenman...for the hours and hours and I mean hours of listening pleasure as I continue through the MT collection. Huck Finn was much more understandable listened to than read (as a high schooler). I admire your dedication and skill in this massive pursuit. It opened a new understanding for me to this master story teller, humorist and historian.

All of john's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
We enjoyed Ms. Klett’s readings of Emma and The Secret Garden.
It is wonderful to have the treat of someone reading us a story during our Covid homestay - and reading it so well.

Thank you for the time and care you put into bringing these books to life for us.

Julie & Peter
St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
and...

Dear Elizabeth,

I just finished listening to your recording of Pride and Prejudice. Honestly, your reading made shelter-in-place endurable. I laughed out loud at your Mr. Collins. Your Lizzie was perfect, your Jane gentle and kind. Your Mrs. Bennett and Lydia were painfully spot-on. I will now listen to everything you have read that I can get from Librivox.

Believe me, I read, or used to read, weekly for the local library's radio station for the sight- and literacy-impaired. For years, I've read biographies and novels as well as newspaper and magazine articles. I know how difficult it is to "get" a character's voice. Your reading makes me want to audition for Librivox, once I get a decent microphone.

Thank you again for the hours of pleasure your reading has given me!

Sincerely,

Terry

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!