'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Jc (Jc Guan) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
JC
Je ne suis pas Francais mais j'ai trouve votre voix belle, claire et
pleine d'emotion.Merci pour tous vos efforts. J'ai ecoute Monte Cristo.
Je suis aveugle et les livres Librivox me font grand plaisir, surtout
avec une telle lectrice.
Merci

JC
I'm not French but I found your beautiful voice, clear and
full of emotion. Merci for all your efforts. I listen to Monte Cristo.
I am blind and books from Librivox give me great pleasure, especially
with such a reader.
thank you
All of JC's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Kirsten Wever (Kirsten Wever) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the many books you read for Librivox! I love your voice and expert reading.

louis
the Netherlands
All of Kirsten's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for readaholic (Cindy Steib), Carolin (Carolin Ksr) and Roger (Roger Melin) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks for passing on these notes to the following awesome readers. - mlcui.

To Cindy Steib, reader of The Harvester by Gene Stratton-Porter. This story is so pastoral and romantic. It made my city-weary spirit long for simple country life a hundred times more. I wish stories like these were true. Thank you for such a wonderful reading. Your voice is so natural and I really appreciate readers like you who don't "overact" their interpretation of the book. Cue applause.

To Carolin Ksr, reader of A Dash for a Throne by Arthur W. Marchmont. I love how your voice gave a calm and measured counterpoint to the thrills and suspenseful intrigue the story was steeped in. I couldn't stop listening to it, even if I'd already arrived at work after following the story as I drove for an hour. Thank you for this awesome entertainment that made driving less of a pain.

To Roger Melin, reader of A Country Beyond by James Oliver Curwood. Peter is my favorite character! Many times in the story I wanted to wring my hands and pull at my hair for all the excitement and suspense. I'm so glad you read it in such a calm and well-paced manner. I completely enjoyed your reading and I'm looking forward to listening to more of this author's works as read by you, Sir. Many thanks.
The Harvester
A Dash for a Throne
The Country Beyond
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Maryann,

Thank you so much for recording Volume 1 of War and Peace. I've just finished and found your reading to be excellent. Now I have to figure out what to do about Volumes 2 and 3!
War and Peace Vol. I
All of MaryAnn's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for musicmaiden (Megan Kunkel) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read The Mother. You have a very pleasant voice and the book would be even more enjoyable if it were read at a slower tempo so we could visualize and savor every word and contemplate the story.
The Mother
All of Megan's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for Mark Nelson!

For his readings of A Voyage to Arcturus : https://librivox.org/a-voyage-to-arcturus-by-david-lindsay/
and The Time Machine (Version 3) : https://librivox.org/the-time-machine-v3-by-h-g-wells/

It helped me get through several sicknesses when reading would have been tiring. He reads with care, good humor and paces comfortably.

D from U.S.
All of Mark's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

First of all, sorry for my english - I understand it well, I can speak
it quite nicely, but my writing expression is quite awfull :)
I would like to express my thanks for all Kayray's audiobooks.
I just finished "Heidi" and I'v already listened all Lucy Maud
Montgomery's books.
From her website I know that she is working on "Lord of the Rings "(my
god, my god I can't wait!) but I hope she will one day make Montgomery's
"Blue castle". If bribing readers is possible, I can offer french
chocolates...and one box more for "Rainbow valley"! and an extra treat
for the birds I can sometimes hear chirping in the background :)

And I would like to thanks all people working on Librivox, it's one of
the best ideas ever, and I can hardly imagine the amount of time you
spend for giving us, listeners, so much joy! Being absolutely unable to
read loud I am highly admirative of your work. And I don't forget those
who run the website too, Librivox it's not just about readers :)

Good continuation!

Joanna

PS I am TOTALLY serious about chocolate bribing!
All of Kara's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am enjoying your reading of The Thirty Nine Steps, and shall seek out other books you have performed. Your spoken performance is every bit as skilled as many books on the commercial market.

Glen
Olympia, WA, USA
The Thirty-Nine Steps
All of Adrians recordings
Carolin
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Carolin wrote:Praise for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm through chapter 4 of Days on the Road and felt it was time I finally wrote to let Ms. Anderson know how much I love her readings of the books of 19th century history and the Letters of Mrs. Adams. I've listened to Goldhunters, Common Soldier and Ox Team to California (In addition to the Abigail Adams letters).
All were very enjoyable, fascinating really. I think Ms. Anderson's voice is the most pleasant of any I've listened to, professional or volunteer. She enunciates clearly, reads at just the right tempo and her voice is a perfect storyteller's voice.
So I just want to say wonderful job, Sue Anderson. I have several other books by you that I'm looking forward to and have re-listened already to Ox Team and Common Soldier.
I sincerely hope you are planning to read other works in the future.
Sincerely,
Michael
Hello Michael, Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying my latest LibriVox book, Days on the Road (https://librivox.org/days-on-the-road-by-sarah-raymond-herndon/). I enjoy reading pioneer tales, because my own great grandmother also crossed the plains by wagon (in 1866 when she was 19 years old)--and also kept a diary of her day-to-day adventures. The entries in my great grandmother's little penciled leather memo book are not quite as literate as Sarah Raymond Herdon's diary (Sample: "Copied a song for George Hall and raised thunder in particular.") but have given me give some hints at what "life on the road" might have been like. Of my other LibriVox books, you might enjoy William Cooper Howells' Recollections of Life in Ohio from 1813 to 1840: https://librivox.org/recollections-of-life-in-ohio-by-william-cooper-howells/

Best wishes,
Sue
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Carolin wrote:Praise for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sue- My wife and I just finished listening to "Army Letters from an
Officer's Wife, 1871-1888"

We think that this is one of the most enjoyable books we have heard. As a
Navy officer and wife who have retired in Utah, and travel extensively, with
a keen interest in military history, the author certainly found an
appreciative audience.

However, YOU, as reader, did a superb job bringing old words to life with
the emotions we are sure the author intended!

We have listened to a lot of books- the thrillers by Brad Thor, Vince Flynn,
several Stephen Ambrose books, humor by Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum
series), and a number of others in recent years, and must say that your
tone, clarity, pace, and emotional level was equal to any of the
professional paid readers.

THANK YOU for your making our lives more enjoyable.

Now, I am off to Librivox to download some more of your readings for our
future travels!

John
Captain, U.S. Navy (retired)
Salt Lake City, UT
All of Sue's recordings
Hello Captain John, Thank you so much for your kind words! Reading for LibriVox has been an enjoyable retirement activity for me. Several of my books are about military history. Two that you and your wife might enjoy are Elizabeth Custer's Boots and Saddles and Leander Stillwell's The Story of a Common Soldier of Army Life in the Civil War 1861-1865.

My best wishes to you both,
Sue
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for John Lieder (John Lieder) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
In an effort to limit the amount of screen time my grandsons get each day, I have begun ending their day with an audio book. We have started with The Adventures of Buster Bear, read by John Lieder. The love it! He does such a great job, that they didn’t want story time to end. They are eight and nine years old and computers and television have been a constant companion for them. This is such a nice diversion that allows their minds to imagine things in a more creative way. Thank you for taking the time to record with feeling and inflection.

Sincerely,

Denise
The Adventures of Buster Bear
All of John's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ZachBG (Zachary Brewster-Geisz) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to say thank you so much for reading of Chesterton's "A Man Who Was Thursday". You did such a wonderful job with the accents, and your reading brought out so much more than the simple text would have. I appreciated your work.
The Man who was Thursday, a Nightmare
All of Zach's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Leni (Leni) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Leni,

Muito obrigado pela sua excelente leitura dos Sermões do Padre António Vieira que obtive em

https://librivox.org/sermoes-by-padre-antonio-vieira/

Graças à sua gravação com tão excelente dicção e tive oportunidade de conhecer e acompanhar até ao final esta obra tão interessante quanto enriquecedora.
Aqui fica, em jeito de agradecimento, um pequeno “postal” com uma vista da Serra de Sintra:

Muito obrigado, e um grande bem haja,
José
Sintra, Portugal
Leni,
Thank you for your excellent reading of Sermons of Father António Vieira who got in
https://librivox.org/sermoes-priest-by-antonio-vieira/
Thanks to your recording with excellent diction and so I got to know and follow to the end this work as interesting as enriching.
Here is, by way of thanks, a little "postcard" with a view of the Serra de Sintra:
Thank you, and a big one there,
José
Sintra, Portugal
All of Leni's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Karen,

I have just listened to your recording of Mansfield Park which I need for my studies and have already read several times but enjoyed immensely in your very good reading.
I am now turning to Persuasion & hoping to find even more of your readings. Please consider reading Emma for librivox,

Best,

Lis
Good Afternoon,

I would like to say thank you to Karen Savage for the hard work she has put in on her marvelous reading of the Anne of Green Gables series. Karen; I have been enjoying listening to you reading these books immensely. I am a PhD student and don't have much time for reading but have been listening to the series whilst walking to and from work and in the gym. It is a lovely set of books and you read them beautifully. Your annunciation is always clear and the voices you do for characters is excellent. I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you have put in and that the outcome is greatly appreciated. I have just finished Anne of the Island and am trying to decide whether to read Anne of Windy Willows for myself or just jump straight to Anne's House of Dreams straight away to continue my enjoyment. I hope you got as much enjoyment reading them as I have from listening to you. Thank you again.

Kind Regards, Sam
All of Karen's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for marys44 (Mary Schneider) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I recently re-listened to The Closed Cabinet in The Lock and Key Library and want to congratulate reader Mary Schneider on her fabulous performance!

I especially loved it in Part 2 when you whispered, “The dead woman! The dead woman! What had I to do with her? Let her bones rest in the filth of their own decay,—out there under the accursed stone.” It gave me shivers, yet it is beautiful. Wonderful job!

Julie
The Lock and Key Library
All of Mary's recordings
Carolin