'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mscllc (M.S.C. Lambert, LC) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To Fr. Lambert:

I am currently listening to St. Thomas' Treatise on the Passions from the Summa Theologica which you have narrated. I have listened to other treatises from the Summa narrated by you, and I want to take a moment to thank you as best I can for your generosity in doing this work. For those of us who can not read, it is truly a blessing to have an audiobook available, and they are available because of readers like you. And what a book to narrate! I so much look forward to the Treatise on the Savior, which I noticed you are working on. And as you undoubtedly know, one can listen to the Summa many times and still not comprehend all of it.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

Susan

All of M.S.C.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for aurore (Emily Jarmard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Shepherd of the Hills:

Thank you for doing such a wonderful job with one of my favorite books.

All of Emily's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MariaS (Maria S) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/the-life-of-st-teresa-by-francis-alice-forbes/

Dear Maria,

I had the very good fortune to come across your wonderful reading of "The Life of St. Teresa" last weekend.

I am now restarting it for the 4th time.

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to read this work so lovingly. It has been a real blessing.

You have a wonderful voice. Thank you for sharing this precious gift you have, it is very much appreciated.

Best wishes,

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for skoval (skoval) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello. Firstly, thank you for providing such an indispensable service. I will be donating soon. Secondly, please pass on my thanks to the reader of Walter Scott's Kenilworth. The young woman's voice was an absolute pleasure to listen to. Scott's work is not easy, and yet she performed this novel with such poise, and in such an endearing tone, that I'll certainly be listening again. My thanks

All of skoval's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr Clarke,

I’ve just finished listening to your reading of the Count of Monte Cristo and wanted to say thank you so much for taking the time to read it so splendidly. You did all the accents and different voices and it was perfectly measured so there was no need to adjust the volume. I use audiobooks to help with insomnia and the Count of Monte Cristo kept me going for ages – and it must have taken you a very long time to record! Thank you so much.

Heather

Bristol, UK

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jocclev (Jim Clevenger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant https://librivox.org/personal-memoirs-of-u-s-grant-by-ulysses-s-grant/

Jim Clevenger

My kids and I downloaded Mr. Clevenger`s reading of U.S. Grant`s Personal Memoirs for listening in the car during road trips. Mr. Clevenger was an enjoyable listen and we appreciate his and all of your efforts at LibriVox. I am at present listening to Grant`s letters to his father and younger sister also read by Mr. Clevenger, look forward to other podcasts that we shall enjoy in the future.

All the best.

Rodney

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GeoffreyEdwards (Geoffrey Edwards) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Geoffrey,

I hope this email reaches you and finds you well. I would like to thank you very, very much for your extremely clear and precise reading of one of Cicero’s great works (On the Laws). I look forward to listening to some of the other works you have so kindly and painstakingly read for Librivox. This contemporary world has soooo much to learn from the Ancients, just as Cicero learned from the Greeks, Socrates (via Palto’s writings), Plato (his favorite), Aristotle…).

The second reason for this email (besides a sincere Thank You), is I would like to find out where you found the particular translation from Charles Duke Yonge? I had purchased a copy from Amazon of “On the Commonwealth” and “On the Laws” edited and translated by James E.G. Zetel, but I cannot find on Amazon or the Library the translation version by Mr. Yonge. I understand he completed this work in the later 1800”s. Apparently that Edition is out there somewhere to be purchased, since that is what you read. I have compared your spoken, Yonge translated version, to my Zetel version and I find the Yonge translation to be more complete. Anyway if you could forward me where you found the Yonge edition, I would greatly appreciate it.

Once again, thank you for your time and readings.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Darwin

All of Geoffrey's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for carolpelster (Carol Pester) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

https://librivox.org/callista-by-john-henry-newman/

Dear Carol:

I haven't listened yet but I surely will! I read this book some years ago before discovering Librivox where I found and listened to the book you referred to, Fabiola. Loved it, too. Wonder who won the contest, Wiseman or Newman, or was it a tie?

I asked Maria Therese if she would read Callista for us, but she was busy with other things. I'm so happy to see someone has tackled the project, it's such a great addition to the librivox library. It deserves to be taken off the shelf and read by all.

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Susan

All of Carol's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Anna Karenina:

I greatly appreciate the time given to this quality reading. I enjoyed your interpretation very much. It is so rewarding to listen to a quality performance while being able to engage in other activities.

Thank You,
Ann

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Cate Barratt,

https://librivox.org/813-by-maurice-leblanc/

Thank you for reading this whole book. Really enjoyed the continuity, generally smooth soothing tone and the story itself.

Best regards,
Lucy

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

My name is Emma. I'm currently taking a class on Chekhov at Harvard, and I enjoy listening to his plays before reading more closely.

I've listened to Uncle Vanya and The Seagull so far. Currently listening to Three Sisters. I've noticed mb reads in all of them and wanted to thank him!

https://librivox.org/uncle-vanya-by-anton-chekhov/

Thanks to mb for playing Vanya in Uncle Vanya and Constantine in the Seagull! His voice suits the characters so well. He is so emotional and really fits my idea of how the Russian trope of superfluous man would sound.

Thanks!

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I want to Thank Ralph Snelson for a Wonderful job of reading the book The Return of Tarzan!
Your expression & voice changes & all of the reading was done beautifully! I totally enjoyed listening to you read the story! You really made it come alive! May God bless you!

All of Ralph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Ralph Snelson

Post by Ralph Snelson »

Thank you very much! I'm happy you enjoyed it :D
michaelreuss

Post by michaelreuss »

Thanks to Bob Neufeld for his solo reading of Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness." You have a fabulous voice with the gravitas equal to the subject matter. And your pacing was perfect. I realized during my listening that the story line from the film Apocalypse Now borrows heavily from this Conrad work. It's always interesting to learn things like that.
Mike
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Ann

Audio, video, disco!