'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
PloniAlmoni

Post by PloniAlmoni »

Thanks to Elizabeth Klett for her (as usual) excellent recording of Elizabeth Gaskell's short novel Cousin Phillis. Beautiful story, beautifully read .
Saul Stokar
Raanana, Israel
:clap:
(p.s. I have not PM'd the reader myself)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Kudos to Zachary Brewster-Geiss for his splendid recording of G.K. Chesterton's The Man Who Was Thursday. His sensitivity of expression and character voices brought the recording to life. Thank you!

(private message also sent)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for narratedbyrandall (Lauren Randall) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox,

I am writing to thank reader Lauren Randall. I just listed to her solo recording of "The Castles of Athlin and Dunbayne" by Ann Radcliffe. It is a lovely Gothic Romance, and Ms. Randall did a wonderful job reading it. I could not wait to find the time to listen to each chapter.

Please pass my deep appreciation to Ms. Randall.

Sincerely,
Joan
Pennsylvania

All of Lauren's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jeannie (Jeannie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Jeannie -
Thank you so very much for reading A Country Doctor, by Sarah Orne Jewett.
Your narration is exceptional and outstanding. Listening to you is such a pleasure.
I can't actually believe this is Librivox. Perhaps you are a professional?
I look forward to listening to other books you've recorded.
Thanks again.
Blessings to you,
Cindy

All of Jeannie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for barbara2 (Barbara Baker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Madame Sevigne and Recollections of the Revolution and the Empire . Elegant, charming and perfect reading. I felt like I was listening to the authors tell their stories so that was fabulous. I had never heard of these books but now they are some of my favorites. What gems. Thank you so much. Most Sincerely, Laurie

All of Barbara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Evers,

Thank you so much for your wonderful reading of so many marvelous books! You have afforded me hours of happy listening and there aren’t words to adequately express my appreciation.

With all the very best wishes,

Kathleen
and...
Thank you very much for your wonderful reading on Librivox.

My wife is often bed ridden due to her illness. One of her greatest comforts is listening to audio books. In particular she enjoys the books found on Librivox, which I get for her.
You are one of her favourite readers as both your reading style and voice are soothing to her.

Your efforts to record so many wonderful books is greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best.

Chris
All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for beeber (Bruce Pirie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/buddenbrooks-by-thomas-mann/

Thank you Bruce for your truly superb solo reading of this book. I had never heard of it before but I find it very interesting to learn about the everyday life of people from other cultures, so it has been a treat to listen to. Thanks again from Nova Scotia.
and...
Hello

I want to thank all of those involved in Librivox, I consider it a gift and has helped me get back into reading.

More specifically I would like to thank Bruce Pirie, not only for taking the time to read some of my favourite novels (though prior to his reading of them were not yet my favourites).

Bruce Pirie brings something I don’t believe I can sufficiently speak on but supremely enjoy.

Thank You Bruce.

Ps. I was looking for Balzac’s Eugenie Grandet last night and when I came to find out it was a Bruce Pirie reading I got so excited I turned my apartment down (everything I would consider plugged in, excluding my computer) and just lounged and enjoyed. I really appreciate the gift of those moments.

Thank you again

Brandon
All of Bruce's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi, I would just like to take a moment to thank Christopher Smith
(ChrisMS) for all his amazing hard work on the works of J.C. Ryle and
Andrew Murray. It is a true blessing!

Christopher, I find your voice and delivery perfectly suited for these
classic works, and your production quality is on-par with paid
services. I have downloaded many of your books and plan to eventually
get to through them all. I am so thankful for these recordings.

Jeremy

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her reading of Donal Grant:
Dear Devorah,

Your reading is fabulous. I listened to each chapter several times so as to fix it in my mind. You read beautifully; have a lovely voice; and your using different voices for each character was excellent.

It is such a treat to have it read to me! I don’t have time to sit and read; but when I am doing house chores and cooking, it is a blessing to be able to listen to a great reader reading one of my favorite authors.

Best,

Joanna

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leni (Leni) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Gostaria de parabenizar a Leni pelas excelentes leituras no projeto Librivox. Também gostaria de entrar em contato com ela, se for possível.
Obrigado.

All of Leni's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TheBanjo (Pater Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
After listening to your excellent reading of The Good Soldier, I immediately went to see what else you had recorded. That led me to End of the Tether, Lord Jim, Madame Bovary, and for me the best yet, Some Do Not and No More Parades. I am hoping you will break away from your Joseph Conrad specialty long enough to record the next in Madox Ford's Parade’s End tetralogy, A Man Could Stand Up, which I believe came into public domain this year. I think you match your style of delivery perfectly to the story, so now your voice and the story of Christopher, Sylvia, Valentine et al are inextricably melded in my mind!

Thank you for lending your voice to Librivox!

Nancy

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for skilmer (Sharon Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to take a moment and thank Sharon Kilmer for her reading of a Prairie Schooner Princess written by Mary Katherine Maule. It was a great story and she did a wonderful job reading it. This was my first experience with an audible book of sorts as I was recovering from Covid and while at times struggled to sleep, it was too difficult to keep my eyes open to watch anything on my tablet. Being able to lay in bed and listen to the story helped pass the many hours I had to be in bed covering from Covid.

Tonya

All of Sharon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Count of Monte Cristo:
Thank you to David Clarke for the reading of this book, absolutely fantastic listening.
and...
To: David Clarke

I wanted to express personal appreciation for the sacrifice of love that you made to bring Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo to life for me. Your reading is measured, the accents and the different voices are superlative.

This is one of the more enjoyable audiobooks I have listened to.

Thank you,

Bob

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Nelson,
Thank you so much for reading The Ghost Pirates by William Hope Hodgson. I have never read the book in person, nor did I even know that it existed until I stumbled across your reading of the work. Within the first minute, I was fully encapsulated by the story and the atmosphere that you lent to it. Your rendition of the characters mannerisms was believable and authentic and easy to follow without being distracting from the story in any way. I have listened to your recording of this work several times and have come away moved each time. It is easily my favorite audio book to listen too thanks to your reading style.

In addition to The Ghost Pirates, I deliberately searched for other works that you have read and listened to those as well, including The Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft. Yet again, your narration and renditions of the characters is beyond comprehension and an invaluable quality. Considering that I have read the work before listening to your reading, the fact that I now adhere to your character depictions when rereading it myself speak volumes about the quality of your reading!

Thank you again for the wonderful work!

--
Garret

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

icequeen wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 8:19 pm Praise received for TheBanjo (Pater Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
After listening to your excellent reading of The Good Soldier, I immediately went to see what else you had recorded. That led me to End of the Tether, Lord Jim, Madame Bovary, and for me the best yet, Some Do Not and No More Parades. I am hoping you will break away from your Joseph Conrad specialty long enough to record the next in Madox Ford's Parade’s End tetralogy, A Man Could Stand Up, which I believe came into public domain this year. I think you match your style of delivery perfectly to the story, so now your voice and the story of Christopher, Sylvia, Valentine et al are inextricably melded in my mind!

Thank you for lending your voice to Librivox!

Nancy

All of Peter's recordings!
I'd have to be a heartless beast to ignore such lovely feedback! I don't have any way of contacting Nancy, but for what it's worth, let me set it down here that I've just lodged a submission to read "A Man Could Stand Up" as my next project after my current project is completed. Thank you, Nancy!!