'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SarahSmile (Sarah Smile) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Bonjour Sarah,
I really enjoyed your reading of In August.
I hope you will read other poems:
you have a beautiful voice.
My mother tongue is French.
I like to listen to English texts to improve my learning.
Thank you very much.
Friendly greetings from Canada.

Marie-Émie

All of Sarah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Al-Kadi (Christian Al-Kadi) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Christian Al-Kadi for the narration of Von Schweigen by Meister Eckhart https://librivox.org/sammlung-kurzer-deutscher-prosa-027-by-various/

Sehr geehrter Herr Al-Kadi,

Ich möchte Ihnen für die von Ihnen gesprochene Predigt "Von Schweigen" danken. Es ist innerhalb kurzer Zeit zu einer meiner Lieblingstexten geworden. Ihre ruhige Aufnahme passt perfekt zu diesem Text, und ich höre es immer wieder mit Freude. Außerdem studiere ich Deutsch an der Uni, ich sollte mir wahrscheinlich mehr Librivox Aufnahmen auf Deutsch anhören! Diese wundervolle Predigt zuzuhören fühlt sich allerdings nicht wie lernen :)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Frankreich
Joséphine

All of Christian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johnb2 (John) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you John for your reading of the 1902 novel The Spy Company, a Story of the Mexican War by Archibald Clavering Gunter (https://librivox.org/the-spy-company-by-archibald-clavering-gunter/). The deceptively titled historical romance was an interesting change of pace for me. I find your voice easy and pleasant to listen to. Thanks for volunteering.

Jon
Alexis, NC

All of john's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KiltedDragon (Barry Eads) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Barry, I am very grateful for the patience, pace and tone in your reading of “The Road” by Jack London. Your style of narration conveyed a Jack as a sort of nonchalant philosopher of life mixed with understated desperation, and a dash of humour..all conveyed with your patient tempo and very subtle changes of expression.

Ive noticed that some narrators have the knack of bringing me along with the writer into the action as if I am there with the protagonist. By listening to your reading I discovered that the philosophy and observations of London about human behaviour are true for today as they were 100 years ago, for instance that the ‘poor will feed the down and out’. Thanks Barry. Reading aloud is hard work. Your skill and talent is a gift to the world.

All of Barry's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
PloniAlmoni

Post by PloniAlmoni »

I just finished listening to Lee Smalley's excellent reading of Upton Sinclair's novel Arrowsmith. I found the book quite interesting - flawed but worth reading (ok, listening to). Lee has done an excellent job reading the book - he reads at a good pace, well enunciated, and carefully read. :clap:

Saul
p.s. I sent Lee a pm with the same message.
iBeScotty

Post by iBeScotty »

icequeen wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:09 pm Praise received for iBeScotty (Scotty Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Book: Musings of a Chinese Mystic: Selections from the philosophy of Chuang Tzu
https://librivox.org/musings-of-a-chinese-mystic-by-lionel-giles/

I'm Taoist, and the Zhuangzi text means a lot to me. I listened through these recordings very many times while at work a few years ago, and still do today.

It's not just that yours is a great performance in general, which it absolutely is, but the way you read it that sticks with me. The tones of voice create an atmosphere so fitting for the work; calm and light, open and inquisitive, peaceful yet melancholy. They all capture a real sense of wonder, marvel and longing, often simultaneously. The voicing of the characters gives them all charm, spirit and distinction, even though it's so gently performed. The voices are all inseparable from the characters themselves for me at this point; those are the voices of Zhuangzi, Confucius, and Prince Hui's cook, and it's wonderful to hear them.

Thanks for bringing this work to life. This will always be my favorite rendition of the Zhuangzi.

-Ria

All of Scotty's recordings!
Wow, that is amazing! Thank you so much! Recording Zhuangzi was my main motivation to joining Librivox and I remember being very nervous about not disrespecting this amazing writing. I really appreciate your kind words!
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Post by icequeen » Today, 12:50 am

Praise received for johnb2 (John) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you John for your reading of the 1902 novel The Spy Company, a Story of the Mexican War by Archibald Clavering Gunter (https://librivox.org/the-spy-company-by-archibald-clavering-gunter/). The deceptively titled historical romance was an interesting change of pace for me. I find your voice easy and pleasant to listen to. Thanks for volunteering.

Jon
Alexis, NC

All of john's recordings!
Ann

Thank you Jon for listening and the kind words. Special thanks taking time to write, I appreciate it.

all the best
john
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Greetings being sent with Deep Love, Peace and Gratitude! In the Simplest Formation of Words, I say Thank You !!! With a few added words, I write a brief message vaguely expressing why. My earliest remembrance of coming across recordings read by you {Andrea Fiore}, were via You Tube. About this particular time in this, (my), Soul's Journey, I stumbled across the Writings and Teachings of 'The Late Great' "James Allen" (1864-1912). Casually and Vigorously reading, studying, rewriting, etc such Sacred Teachings. The audio book option provided a "Huge Blessing" for this, (my), Being to Absorb such Profound Teachings (Mind/Soul Food) while still engaged in physical activity, exercise, various meditations, etc. The voices and Vibrations of several readers stood out and replayed Harmoniously with the Voice/Voices of the Divine within my own Inner-Conscious and Being. Your's {Andrea Fiore}, has Most Definitely been an added feature to the Sound Track of this Soul's Journey. Becoming Almost Vintage in the Audio Library of this, (my), Conscious Mind Dialogue is ..."... this is a Librivox Recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information ... Etc .. Etc... The title, author and your name."
I say Thank You Again !!! For I have Thanked You Hundreds/thousands of times prior, either silently (from the depths of my being) and/or openly a loud into the Ever Open Ear of the Cosmos and/or its Grand Architect - Creator(s). Nevertheless, amid this wordy message, I, Breathe in Faith of this message, reaching your likeness. So I send this particular, Thank You, via email correspondence (through the help of Librivox - to whom I Also send much deep appreciation for). With Earnest Prayer that this message amongst the many you may receive, continues to nourish that part of your being, if ever Most Needed. That has helped to Nourish your servant i, (mine), for your willing or unwilling participation as a conduit in the Will of a small Part of 'The Master-Plan' written by The Universal Master's Hand. With All those words mentioned, Thank You for Being a Blessing! May the Love of The Divine Continue to Nourish your Likeness from the rays of Light your Vibration has Emanated to and throughout this Beautiful World and All other Bestowings of Love and Peaceful Blessings Gracefully Due to You.

Most Honest And Grateful Regards, Your Brother and Servant "I Am" !

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your reading of A W Benn’s history of philosophy. I don’t know if I ever would have found him without you.

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sriskedahl (Sharon Riskedahl) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sharon,

This must have been a labor of love, as reading this must have taken a
LOT of effort.

Thanks for bringing Nansen's life to light-this guy was one of
humanity's greater specimens; explorer, humanitarian, poet, God...they
sure don't make them like that anymore!

My wife is Norweigan-American from (you guessed it) Minnesota, and the
both of us were just amazed. We went on to loo into his life history-an
amazing man.

Judging from your last name, we might think there was jusr a teeny
little bit of national pride here? :) Norway has a lot to be proud OF!

Thanks again,

Lenge leve Norge!
All of Sharon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
David,

I just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful reading of The Count of Monte Cristo. I’ve never been much of a reader, and this is probably only the second novel I’ve finished since high school. I’m a software engineer, and I “read” all day by looking at code and text on the screen. Sometimes the last thing I want to do is read even more after work, that’s why I enjoy audiobooks so much.

Your recording of this book took me along a journey that I thoroughly enjoyed, yet was sad to see end as I finished the book. Your narration, voice acting, and quite impressive French and Italian accents helped immerse me in the story. Thank you once again for introducing me to this classic. It has encouraged me to engage more of these older works.

Sincerely,

Kris

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Tome Reader (Susan Umpleby) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your lovely reading of “The Lost Prince” by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This is one of those unsung ‘classics’ I loved reading as a child. You made it very ‘alive’. I look forward to listening to more of your recordings.

Gillian

All of Susan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Alondra (Sandra Cullun) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
There are many excellent readers, but I feel Sandra Cullum my favorite. Many readers have many of the qualitites of an excellent narrator, but possibly performs slightly less in some feature or another. Doing characterizations is often a problem area. With Sandra Cullum I find no such weakness. Not in any of the features of not only an excellent amateur narrator, but the professional as well.

Philip

South Carolina

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Boomcoach (Alan Winterrowd), RuthieG (Ruth Golding) and anthonysvoice (Anthony Wilson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Alan Winterrowd, Ruth Golding, and Anthony Wilson for your excellent reading of the 1897 novel The Beetle by Richard Marsh (https://librivox.org/the-beetle-by-richard-marsh/). I would thank icyjumbo too, but I see he is no longer in the world of the living, although he is immortalized through LibriVox. I thoroughly enjoyed this strange tale. Each of you read your parts beautifully. I actually looked forward to my time on the treadmill during this book. I would also like to thank whoever was responsible for casting the readers in the various roles. The casting is perfect! Good job to you all. Thanks!

Jon
Alexis, NC

All of Alan's recordings
All of Ruth's recordings!
All of Anthony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leesma (Lee Smalley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/arrowsmith-by-sinclair-lewis/

Thank you for the time and effort you put into _Arrowsmith_.
It shows and it is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Zube

All of Lee's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!