'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
PloniAlmoni

Post by PloniAlmoni »

I would like to thank Elizabeth Klett for her excellent reading of Elizabeth Gaskell's novel "Wives and Daughters". Her accents for each of the main characters are excellent and her reading is, as usual, pleasant to listen to, easy to understand and all you can ask for. :clap: (p.s. I sent her a pm with my thanks as well).
Last edited by PloniAlmoni on June 2nd, 2021, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Almam

Post by Almam »

Hi,

I'd like to give my many thanks to fromdehart (Patrice DeHart) for her reading of The Tale of Bunny Cotton-Tail by Laura Rountree Smith, it really is a lovely recording. :clap:
I've made an album out of it, and I would've liked to ask her if she was okay with getting credited on the album's page, but unfortunately I couldn't send her a pm, as I am new to the forum and haven't posted anything until now. I'd be thankful if a moderator could pass my message on, thank you.

Many thanks,
Almam
loon

Post by loon »

Almam wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 7:35 am I'd like to give my many thanks to fromdehart (Patrice DeHart) for her reading of The Tale of Bunny Cotton-Tail by Laura Rountree Smith, it really is a lovely recording. :clap:
I've made an album out of it, and I would've liked to ask her if she was okay with getting credited on the album's page, but unfortunately I couldn't send her a pm, as I am new to the forum and haven't posted anything until now. I'd be thankful if a moderator could pass my message on, thank you.
Hello Almam -
I'm not an admin, but I was the proof listener for this book and had a good time listening to this story as well. I'll forward your message to Patrice. There is already cover art and a CD case insert for this book as well:
https://ia801402.us.archive.org/7/items/thetaleofbunnycottontail_2105_librivox/bunny_cotton_tail_2105.pdf
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

icequeen wrote: May 26th, 2021, 8:42 pm Praise received for Bernard (Bernard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Bonsoir,

Depuis 1 an, je suis à la recherche de Bernard, un lecteur bénévole librivox qui a notamment enregistré LA COMÉDIE HUMAINE de Honoré de Balzac. Tout d'abord, je souhaite lui adresser mes plus sincères remerciements pour sa lecture absolument somptueuse de cette œuvre majeure, qui berce mes après midi depuis le premier confinement.

Mais mon message a un objectif plus grand qu'un simple remerciement.

Pendant ces après midi de repos et d'écoute active, j'ai noué un lien avec une personne très chère à mes yeux. Ce lien s'est tellement renforcé au cours de ces moments en "compagnie" de Bernard que les sentiments sont nés. A l'aube de l'anniversaire de la fin de premier confinement, un autre anniversaire me réjoui : à la fin d'un épisode des scènes de la vie privée, j'ai pris courage à deux mains et j'ai avoué mes sentiments à l'élu de mon cœur. Depuis, pas un jour ne passe sans que nous évoquions Bernaud, dont la voix a été le terrain de jeu de nos premiers sentiments amoureux.

Aujourd'hui, pour fêter cette année qui a été la plus belle de nos vies, je voulais tout simplement demander une faveur à Bernard... un petit message vocal, souhaitant en toute simplicité un joyeux anniversaire à l'amour de ma vie, Victor.

Une bouteille à la mer sans doute.

Mais je devais tenter.

Merci infiniment Bernard pour ce que vous faites, vous n’avez pas idée de l'impact que vous pouvez avoir sur la vie des gens.

Et bravo à toute l'équipe Librivox pour votre merveilleux travail.

En vous souhaitant tous le bonheur du monde.

Estelle

All of Bernard's recordings
Salutations
Bernard
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Bonjour Estelle,

Avant toute chose, je souhaite vous remercier, à mon tour, pour votre très gentil message qui m’a beaucoup touché.
Pour reprendre votre expression, j’ai été ravi, en vous lisant, d’apprendre que j’ai été, en quelque sorte, votre « compagnon de lecture ».

Sauf erreur de ma part, concernant une réponse sous forme « d’un petit message vocal » : A ma connaissance, le mode de fonctionnement de Librivox ne le permet pas.
Pour ne rien vous cacher, c’est précisément cette forme de don à la fois bénévole et quasi anonyme qui m’a décidé à participer à cette idée fabuleuse.

Votre message de reconnaissance est mon plus beau salaire.

Je me fais donc un très grand plaisir de souhaiter un excellent et merveilleux anniversaire à Victor et à vous souhaiter, à tous les deux, une très belle route.

Peut-être cette « bouteille à la mer » arrivera-t-elle avec un peu de retard. Mais je suis certain qu’elle arrivera sur un très beau rivage.

Vous écrivez : « Mais je devais tenter ».
Ce à quoi je vous répondrai : « On ne peut avoir que le regret de ne pas avoir essayé » :
La Preuve !

Amicalement

Bernard
Salutations
Bernard
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I will pass this one on for you, Bernard. Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Almam

Post by Almam »

loon wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 8:05 am
Almam wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 7:35 am I'd like to give my many thanks to fromdehart (Patrice DeHart) for her reading of The Tale of Bunny Cotton-Tail by Laura Rountree Smith, it really is a lovely recording. :clap:
I'm not an admin, but I was the proof listener for this book and had a good time listening to this story as well. I'll forward your message to Patrice. There is already cover art and a CD case insert for this book as well:
https://ia801402.us.archive.org/7/items/thetaleofbunnycottontail_2105_librivox/bunny_cotton_tail_2105.pdf
That'd be nice, thank you! Here's a link to the album:
https://almam.bandcamp.com/album/the-tale-of-bunny-cotton-tail
It might be a bit avant-garde, hope she doesn't mind.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello! My name is Abbie, and I want to say I immensely enjoyed your reading of The Story of Avis, as well as almost every other book you have recorded for LibriVox. The emotion you express is wonderful. Thank you so much! I hope you will continue to bless people with your excellent readings!

Abbie

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for as101 (as101) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
WOW. The reader does a great job. My 8 year old daughter really liked reading along with the narration. She was excited to hear a book read by another child. We are working on her ability to read aloud proficiently and now she has heard a kid doing it well, she knows it's achievable. The voices the narrator uses are adorable and entertaining. I wish there were more stories read by this narrator! Thanks a lot for your time and effort.

Sincerely,

Dori

All of as101's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My dear Ms. Barratt,

I have been a fan of audiobooks since they first appeared in the form of tape cassettes. As such, I have heard an unknowable number of voiceover artists as readers, some, naturally, better than others. I actually have an affection for the occasional Librivox readers who mispronounce words, accent the wrong syllables, or stumble over difficult phrases. I think of all the pleasure—and even comfort—those volunteers have provided for people throughout the world, and it’s quite easy to tolerate, and even to embrace, their rare foibles.

In this universe of voiceover artists reading into microphones, from volunteer amateurs to authors reading their own works, and to those highly-touted readers who are assigned to books on the bestsellers lists, there is one whose artistry has stood out above all the rest, and it is you. You are the best.

Perhaps most importantly, the rhythm and cadence of your recitals appear to match what I must assume would have been how the author heard their words internally while composing them. Additionally, though, it is your ability to reflect the dramatic tone implicit in the text that sets your work apart. When, for example, Arsène Lupin “chuckles” while delivering a riposte, you chuckle—and do so convincingly! Many readers fail when dramatizing the voice of a character of the opposite gender, or possessing a foreign accent, or both; oftentimes this has the effect of sounding like a gross parody of such a character. It draws the listeners away from their immersion in the narrative by making them suddenly conscious of the reader. Your renditions, by contrast, merely convey what the author intended, i.e., that the listener recognize the differences among the voices of the various imaginary people in the author’s imagination.

If there were an Oscar for reading aloud, you would be on the red carpet. Were there a Nobel Prize offered, you’d be on your way to Sweden. Your contributions have exceeded the uppermost boundaries of excellence, and I thank you for the pleasure you have given me as a listener.

Now I am in search of other works you’ve performed.

My very best regards,

Jack

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Muchas gracias por la excelente narración del libro de referencia .La advertencia sobre lenguaje ofensivo es doblemente innecesaria , primero porque no suelo usarlo y segundo porque el trabajo ha sido impecable.

Un cordial saludo desde Argentina .

All of Mongope's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hola! Estoy escuchando la Antología de Autores Argentinos que leíste y me encanta. Estoy aprendiendo español y la versión que se habla en Argentina es mi favorita, por eso empecé escuchar esa historia. Tu acento y voz es muy bueno. Buen trabajo y gracias por leer la historia :)

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Well, it's almost 2:30 a.m., and I've just finished the Chestermark Instinct. I've also listened to your other two Fletcher novels in the last couple of days, and enjoyed all very much! I like your selections, the pace at which you read, the clarity and sound of your voice, and that these projects are solo renditions. Thank you so much!! And, as I note the release date of your latest project, thank you for continuing to read for Librivox!!

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for domNoah (dom. Noah Moerbeek CPMO) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have listened to the gentleman reader of the Introduction and Chapter One of the The Sign of the Cross in the Nineteenth Century.
I have been edified beyond my imagining. Convinced of the content you presented - and affirmed by its practice ...this early morning choice was sureIy prompted by the Holy Spirit!
It has also been a confirmation I initiated with my Spiritual Director yesterday afternoon.
Your work here as a volunteer has born much fruit ( John 15 verse 16.)
Thanks so much.
I am considering volunteering as I write this note.
God bless you.
Karen
All of dom. Noah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Paul Adams (Paul Adams) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Really enjoyed listening to Paul Adams' rendition of Dickens' "A Tale of Two Cities." Extremely well done. Thank you, very, very much.

Best regards,

Tom

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!