'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Para Victor Villarraza por La Odisea y Macbeth

Querido amigo. Nuevamente muchas gracias.
Oí La Odisea, libro increíblemente bello y con un gran trabajo de Homero, como no, y de Luis Segalá y Estalela, su traductor, que conoció tan bien nuestro idioma para conseguir hacer lucir aún mejor al gran Homero.
Dos veces oí cada canto porque al ser una obra tan divinamente adornada, muchos detalles se me escapaban mientras manejaba oyendo los trabajos de Ulises. Pero siempre es un placer escucharlos con vuestra voz tan clara y con vuestra excelente pronunciación.
Habiendo terminado ayer esa hermosura, hoy descargué Macbeth y de corrido lo oí, y despejó mi duda. La serenidad que imprimías a los otros textos (también escuché las 20000 leguas de viaje submarino grabadas por vos) contrastó con la necesidad de dar entoncación a esta brillante obra de teatro de Shakespeare.
Muchas gracias por tu gentileza al tomar tu tiempo para grabar estos libros (incluso para editar a las tres brujas de Macbeth hablando juntas). Seguramente en vacaciones me cuente entre los voluntarios arrancando por algo tranquilo para colaborar.
Salud y muchas gracias!!!

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Esky (Stephen Escalera) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I recently finished listening to Wealth of Nations, listening to much of it multiple times to better comprehend it. Thanks for providing me with the enjoyment and enlightenment of listening to it. thanks for providing Librivox.org website in general.

All of Stephen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SteveGough (Steve Gough) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Lat Chronicle of Barset:

Thank you for your wonderful reading of this wonderful book. The sound quality is excellent, your pacing is perfect, and the readings have kept me sane as the world goes mad around me.

Gratefully,

Alison

All of Steve's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sylviamb (Sylviamb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank Sylviamb for her reading of The Little Minister by JM Barrie, It is delightful! I laugh out so loud when I listen to that that my family wants to know what I am listening to. Needless to say I have listened to it more than once and intend doing so again.

Has she read any other books?

Kind Regards

Mariana

All of Sylviamb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ForEmma (J L Raimundo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Greetings,
I listened to The Life of God in the Soul of Man (Download) twice this weekend. I was blessed both times. Your reading is wonderful.
Thank you,
Mark

All of J L's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sarujin (Elanor Sakamoto) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Elanor Sakamoto

I am a lifelong insomniac. I have scoured the internet looking for audiobooks to play as I try to fall asleep and stay asleep. I stumbled across a recording of Algernon Blackwood’s Camp of the Dog with your voice reading the first 25% of the recording. Your voice and your smooth, natural style of reading without any odd mannerisms, no big shifts in dynamics, no exaggerated intonation, helped me relax and fall asleep. I must confess that I did use the VLC media player to slow your pace very slightly, though. I am now a big fan! I am writing to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I’ve gone to Librevox to find your other recordings now. Thank you very much for your kind generosity in sharing your natural gift. Your voice is now my nightly lullaby.

Yours,

Mark

All of Elanor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have been listening to your readings of Dr. Nikola. One of the things I like about Librivox is readers with an accent that is not contrived. Also Boothby is not an author I had read & didn't know about until now.
Thanks for the introduction.

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChipDoc (Chip) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I love Chip's recordings! I tried to find his site but the link no longer works. Is there any way to find his site or to give him my contact info?

Thanks in advance.

All of Chip's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Idiot (Part 1 and 2):

I just finished listening. Magnificent. I was totally absorbed from the beginning and have been searching my own soul as I am taught by Dostoevsky to join the human race. I am a retired professor of the Humanities and have read short stories to my university students. Mr. Geeson is a superb reader, a true artist. I have been laughing and crying the whole time. I have watched the superb Russian television version of the Idiot many times. How wonderful it was to have the story come alive in such beautiful English diction. I am American but my wife is from Surrey.

I really cannot thank Mr. Geeson enough. I hope that he will be able to finish the rest of the novel soon. This was my first Livrivox audition, I look forward now to listening to more of them.

Please extend my best wishes to Mr. Geeson, and again my heartfelt gratitude.

Michael

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chere (Chere Theriot) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Book link:
https://librivox.org/anthem-by-ayn-rand/

As I drove to work each day this week, I really enjoyed listening to you read Anthem by Ayn Rand. Your voice was clear and pleasant, and your reading of the book was excellent. Thank you very much!

All of Chere's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ancilla (Ancilla) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just want to thank you for your amazing work.
I am fan of your work.
happy day

All of Ancilla's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
MetryRoad

Post by MetryRoad »

Thanks to reader TheVagabond for a great reading of Charles Reade's The Cloister and the Hearth. I'm enjoying it immensely. Well done, keep it up.

Best wishes
Metairie Road
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for barbara2 (Barbara Baker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Sincere thanks to Barbara for her excellent reading of the journal of
Henriette Lucie Dillon, marquise de La Tour du Pin.

https://librivox.org/recollections-of-the-revolution-and-the-empire-by-henriette-lucie-dillon-marquise-de-la-tour-du-pin-gouvernet/

Very Very enjoyable.

Robbie

All of Barbara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Grothmann (Dale Grothmann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Dale,

I don't get much time to read but enjoy it immensely when I do. It's why I enjoy the Libirvox recordings so much. Download them onto my ipod and away I go.

Having been listening to the short stories of Lester del Ray recently, I found that you were reading quite a few. You manage to put so much energy and dynamics into it that I wouldn't be surprised to find that you either work in radio or do voice overs professionally. Either way I just wanted you to know that you have an appreciative fan, avidly listening to your work. I've been working my way through the various collections alphabetically, I know may need to branch out sideways to listen a bit more to the recordings you've made. Not sure how many thanks you get - but here's one from me.

Thanks so much.

Yours,

Ian, Staffordshire, UK

All of Dale's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Devorah,

Thank you for your exemplary reading of Donal Grant! I first heard you reading a few chapters of Sir Gibbie, and was delighted to discover you were the sole reader of Donal Grant. Both books were life-changers for me, and I am deeply grateful. (Reading gives me a headache, and LibriVox has been a true gift.)

Thank you, Devorah. Your service is bearing good fruit.

Julia
Richmond BC
Canada

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!