'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers in the group project for The Commentary on the Book of Genesis from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear All,

Concerning:
Commentary On The Book Of Genesis
Matthew HENRY (1662 - 1714)
https://librivox.org/commentary-on-the-book-of-genesis-by-matthew-henry/

All the readers:
Drew Johnson
Anna Roberts
MaryAnn
Laura Blunk
Dave Harrell
Paul Huxley
AKMorton
Bethesda Lily
Melvin Lee
Ingo Breuer
RyanR
Michelle Schroff
Ken Dolinger

The recording of The Book Of Genesis of the 6-Volume Matthew Henry Commentary on the Bible is wonderful. I would like to thank all the readers who participated in this fantastic work.

It would be great if you continue to record the unabridged commentary of the Book of Psalms. It is present in the 3rd Volume of the 6-Volume Matthew Henry Commentary on the Bible.

Your work is very much appreciated and it is a source of joy to many people around the world.

Best Wishes
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Alan,

thank you very much for taking effort and diligence in recording Sailing Alone around the World by Slocum!

Superb!

All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Esky (Stephen Escalera) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for recording Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. Your delivery is very crisp and well-paced. I have been listening to the audiobook when I go out walking and appreciate you lending your voice to this classic book for the public to enjoy.

Best wishes,

Amaniel

All of Stephen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mark Smith, I discovered some of your readings and intend to listen to many more. Wow, I appreciate the quality very much!! Thank you so very much, I hope you will continue to read for a very long time. I especially liked “Wind in the Willows”, the rich characterization...very cool! The one after that story was Sense and Sensibility, haha, quite different. Excellent, again thank you!
brigid

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mrs. Taylor,

I have recently been listening to Ada Leverson "Love at second sight" (https://librivox.org/love-at-second-sight-by-ada-leverson/) and I like to thank you for your clear voice and intonation; it's a great pleasure listening to your reading.

Yours faithfully,

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Algy Pug (Algy Pug) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dearest Algy Pug, Thank you so much for your lovely reading of Sir Walter Raleigh’s poems. I am forever thankful for your perfection in reading old english:) Wonderful my dear man!
Kind and sweet regards,
Clara Rosemary

P.S. May i have photo of you please?
thank you! xoxo

All of Algy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I have a small shack back in the woods of South Alabama. It is my weekend escape from the rigors of daily life. Quite often, I go there alone (without the wife & kids). There is no phone, tv or Internet. While there, I build a fire and relax listening to audiobooks. I love to read but, I have severe dyslexia. This makes reading a novel frustrating, so I have started listening to audiobooks. I am facinated by science fiction written from a past perspective. I downloaded Prison Planet read by Mark Nelson. His ability to express the emotion in his readings is amazing. Instead of searching for books by author or genre, I search for books read by Mark Nelson. Mr. Nelson, please continue the good work.

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Morlock

Post by Morlock »

This is for an old book, but then again? It was already "old". I felt the need to thank KayRay for her reading of "Heidi" by Johanna Spyri:

https://archive.org/details/heidi_solo_librivox

It reads as follows:

Reviewer: Ligeia DeSoto - October 5, 2017

Subject: Making Us Feel Better!

I have been enjoying this reading for years, but a recent event made me determined to review it with that event in mind, so here is my story:

One late morning I thought I'd had enough sleep and took a B Vitamin, which I never take before sleeping because it makes my mind too active and, as a result, I tend to have nightmares. Sure enough, I was drifting off in the afternoon, drowsy, but with a sense of panic in what mental processes would come. My mind searched for solutions and it finally hit me to come to this audiobook that had served so well for a good night's sleep in the past.

I opened my device, found it, pressed play, laid down and I slept peacefully, safe and secure from duress for at least ten chapters.

Thank you very much for this instant solution to an unusual dilemma. Restful sleep is much appreciated!

I'm so tired of so very many people being unhappy and feeling the need to criticize all entertainment that is muchly produced to relieve us from very hard days at work. We ought to be celebrating our relievers as we once did. I aim to do so as often as possible and show my gratitude in everything.

(Yes, on archive.org? I am Ligeia DeSoto. Influence is half Edgar Allan Poe and half Groucho Marx. Makes sense, doesn't it?)

As for thanking librivox.org in general? I have absolutely no idea how on Earth I could do that. I was looking desperately for this world since I was ten years old. :9:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you a thousand times.
Dickens is a favourite of mine, but listening to you reading in such a perfect way was so engrossing that many a time I completely forgot the real world around me. I remember listening to Barnaby Rudge while walking to work, and suddenly walking in the fire of Newgate in London. It happened more than once during Dombey & Son that I found myself walking around a block one more time just to finish a chapter. Sometimes, a child would die one of these sad Dickensian deaths, and there I would be, sobbing on the sidewalk...
All the different voices, all the expression, everything you do highlight those amazing books. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Pride and Prejudice:

So well done - thanks very much!

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Perfect. Great articulation. You don't read too fast or too slow. Clear voice. I have trouble listening to voices that
are too high pitched. Your voice is the correct pitch for listening with comfort and ease.
You were called to this. It seems like you are putting effort into what you are doing.
Will be looking toward your books on Librivox. Good job.

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

A big thank you to the reader of Count De Monte Cristo. He is an amazing artist and he gave me countless hours of enjoyment shortening my driving time every day.
Big thank you, Sir!
Regards,
Igor
and...
Dear LibriVox team,

I am writing to thank David Clarke for reading the Count of Monte Cristo.
I enjoyed listening to it very much and I appreciate all the effort that went into this project.

Many thanks & best wishes,
Lorenzo

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Book title "Kitty Alone"

Dear MaryAnn I want to thank you very much for your wonderful reading of Kitty Alone. I like your voice and clear articulation, so useful for me as foreigner (Bavaria/Germany). I'm looking forward to try others of your readings.

The stated link to an online text of this book doesn't work with me. :-( But I found the text in 3 parts (volumes) on Gutenberg.org. Sometimes I like to read the text while listening and sometimes I need the spelling to look up special words I don't know and can't find out the spelling by myself.
PS: In ch. 40 there is a song
( All in the wood there grew a fine tree,
The finest tree that ever you might see,
And the green leaves flourished around.‘ ...)
and we have a song very alike it. I sang it quite often with my children and sing it nowadays with my grandchildren.

With many thanks, one of your admirers now
Gerd

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your wonderful reading of the adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I love to quilt while listening to audiobooks, but your reading actually got me hooked to the Holmes stories. Even my husband came in regularly to enjoy one of the stories. A rare occurence :-)

Thank you again, and keep up the good work!

Kind regards,
Pleun

Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Neufeld,

Having recently become addicted to the Sherlock Holmes stories, I decided to start with the first one in the series. I ended up on this page https://librivox.org/a-study-in-scarlet-version-4-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/ and was pleasantly surprised when I heard your voice.

Thank you for doing such an awesome job of reading this book to us. The stories do keep me company while working on my quilts. This can be tedious sometimes and by listening to the stories, time really flies :-)

Hope to hear you voice again some time.

Thank you,
Pleun
and...
I would like to send a thank you to LibriVox reader Bob Neufeld. He is my favorite LibriVox reader of all those I’ve listened to. I’ve listened to his reading of books by Charles Dickens, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy, and Nathaniel Hawthorne. My particular favorite, one that I keep downloaded on my iPhone and listen to regularly, is “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dicken (https://librivox.org/a-christmas-carol-by-dickens-charles/).

I generally listen to LibriVox books as I commute to/from work, and when walking. I will continue to listen to works Mr. Neufeld has read, and hope that he continues to add new titles to his LibriVox library.

Warmest regards,

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!