'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mattsoar (Matt Soar) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please thank Matt Soar for his reading of Jack London’s The Iron Heel.

I very much enjoyed it.

Travis

All of Matt's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Delmar H Dolbier (Delmar H Dolbier) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks so much for your reading of Frank Norris’s “The Octopus.” to my knowledge, yours is the only available reading of the title, making your work especially appreciated.

Your reading itself was really solid, and reflected the effort and thought you must have put into it. A clever detail you paid attention to occurs in Book II, Chapter VII, the scene of the large public meeting in the Bonneville Opera House: When reading speeches that characters give from the stage, you created a subtle echo effect, as would occur in a large public auditorium. I don’t know whether you achieved this by simply standing back from the microphone and relying on the resonances of the room or you used an electronic echo device, but I thought it worked well.

Thanks again. -Doug
All of Delmar's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SpiffyCat (Danielle Cartwright) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just want to say thank you to Danielle Cartwright for the reading of Tell It All by Fanny Stenhouse. You made it seem like it was Fanny herself reading / telling the details of her life. Thank you for your many hours spent in creating this audio book.

Jo

All of Danielle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would just like to say a hug thanks to Mil Nicolson for her reading of Charles Dickens's 'Little Dorrit'. I have listened to a few and although most of the others are good and very good, yours is outstanding.
Well done!

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I'm loving Librivox, it's amazing it exists. I've listened to a few readings now, some very long e.g. Odyssey, but i'm currently listening to Don Quixote read by Expatriate. His diction, pacing and perfection in his reading is incredible. For a free service he really deserves high praise for all he has done. And I can see he has done a lot of readings!

So thank you Expatriate in Bangor, Maine

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Annie Coleman Rothenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would so like to thank Annie Coleman for her readings; I listen yo them when I can't sleep.
But having become so used to Annie's voice I can only find 5 chapters to Ann of Avonlee. Is it possible that she did not complete this book reading, or am I not looking in the right place ? I tried other voices but it's just not the same.

Thanking you for such a great service,
Sue ( Berne, Switzerland)

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for catchpenny (BethAnne) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear BethAnne,

I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your reading of Two Years Before the Mast immensely. Like an excellent paper book, I try not to listen to too much at any one 'sitting.' That way I can prolong the pleasure of the story. Also, I've read a bit about the history of the book and the author and I feel your style (especially pace and annunciation) portray the intended mood of the story.

Sincerely,
Marc

All of BethAnne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dormouse3 (Mike Harris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Harris,

Thank you for recording!

Just a suggestion, I would really like it if you would record the King James Bible.
I know it would take a lot of time but it would be worth it.

The Lord bless you,
A servant of the Lord

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the Dramatic Reading of Oliver Twist from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear all readers of Oliver Twist Version 5 Dramatic Reading,

Thank you so much for your efforts on this wonderful recording! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to your version throughout my holidays this summer.

Much appreciated,
Rob
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for EleanorHoward (Eleanor Howard) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have just finished listening to Eleanor’s Victory and thoroughly enjoyed your reading.

I look forward to listening to your future readings.

All of Eleanor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks for an inspired reading of Ebb Tide. You nailed the dialog perfectly. POSSIBLY THE BEST “READ” EVER!
and...
Dear Mr Smith,

I listened to your recording of "Great Expectations", by Charles Dickens and I really enjoyed listening to it.
Not only were your impressions of various characters vivid, the subtle change in the tone of your narration at the critical points of the book was also thoroughly enjoyed.
This was the first audiobook I ever listened to completion. It made my daily commute and menial tasks so enjoyable that I used to look forward to doing them while listening to the book.

I hope you find this message in good health and spirits, and I wish the same for your future.

Best regards,
Ishant
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Eduard Rochester (James K. White) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. White,
I have listened to "Fifty Years In Chains" one time through and am now listening again. What an amazing job you have done! Thank you so much for all the time you have put into this project. I have also listened to "The Life and Adventures of Henry Bibb," another of your masterful works, as well as Louis Hughes "Thirty Years A Slave," which is an amazing story and told brilliantly. I thought it was important to let you know that people are out here listening. I am grateful to you for bringing these important narratives to life. Thankfully and Respectfully,
John

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Have been listening to several of your book readings for years....I especially enjoy the material you have chosen to read.....
I keep going back to Ministry of Intercession by Andrew Murray...thank you for your distinct voice and expression while reading this wonderful book....would you recommend your favorite A. Murray book. I have not listened to all of them but have read several..
An appreciative listener....
and...
Christopher Smith
Narrator of History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century by Jean-Henri Merle D'AUBIGNÉ

Dear Sir,

I really appreciate your reading the History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century. I have listened to both volumes (the first one twice so far) and am eagerly anticipating the rest of the series. I have actually read those books myself, but I surely enjoy listening to them much more, especially since I spend so much time driving.

Maybe when you are done you would like to narrate d'Aubigne's series "History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin"! They are also very useful books.

Keep up the good work!
All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leesma (Lee Smalley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have just finished listening to “Life and Times of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass “ and would like to thank Librivox and especially Lee Smalley for making this possible. Mr. Smalley is to be congratulated for an excellent reading with such a massive work. Thank you!

Lorna

All of Lee's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Thank you very much, Lorna, for your note of appreciation. Douglass was a great man and gifted writer ndeed.
Lee
Eschew obfuscation.