'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello to all the great people at Librivox,

I cannot thank you enough all of you for a great effort and providing us one in a life time experience with your audio books. I have had been listening to Audiobooks for a long time and was recently attached to the world of philosophy. Though I have been reading topics on philosophy but this is the first time where I dedicated enough time in my daily routine for it. Now, it is hard to find a starting point but rather to go deeper and search where it all started or where it really came to the understanding of the human beings that there is a subject called philosophy. Therefore, I started searching and came across the readings which are narrated by Bob Neufeld. Now, if someone asks me in the future of how I came to the world of philosophy I will definitely mention his name and the way he reads these books.

To me he is not just a reader but also my teacher. The way he explains gives me the joy of listening more and more. I am an architect and sometimes I am lost in my work that I don’t know where I am in the real world or what I am listening too. His readings give me that pleasure where I can truly enjoy my work and listen to him all day.

I cannot thank you enough Mr. Bob Neufeld for your amazing works. If one day I am going to start narrating, I want to be just like you. I was asked to mention a link to the book but all your books are amazingly narrated. I just finished the five dialogues by Plato and more recently Phaedo by Plato.

https://librivox.org/phaedo-by-plato/

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Raqib

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I came across an audiobook Walden in youtube, read by Gord Mackenzie, and I like it very much.
I’m from China, here children learn English in school. I can read English books, but when I listen to audio books, it takes more energy for me to focus because sometimes it’s quite fast for me too catch every word. I like Mr. Mackenzie’s works particularly for his subtler reading pace as well as every technic a narrator needed which I think he manages perfectly. And his voice is quite nice to hear. So thank you, to Mr. Mackenzie. Your reading really helps and is such a pleasure to hear.
I wish I will find more of his work in the future.
By the way, I love both his Walden and On the Duty of Civil Disobedience, I just LOVE them. (True, I loved the texts in the first place, but your wonderful Mr. Mackenzie is just brilliant! )
And BIG Thanks to LibriVox.org!

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lezer (Anna Simon) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,
I am referring to the book
Jimmie Dale and the Phantom Clue by Frank L Packard
https://librivox.org/jimmie-dale-and-the-phantom-clue-by-frank-l-packard/

This message is for Anna Simon: Thank you so much for the great reading with all the different voices. I usually listen to librivox when I have to do my household chores and your reading was “the bit of sugar that makes the medicine go down". Thanks so much!

Happy Holidays!

All of Anna's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wanted to send a thank you message to LibriVox reader Phil Chenevert. My daughter is an avid fan of all things Oz and she listens to his readings of L Frank Baum and Ruth Plumly Thompson nearly daily. She is probably your biggest fan! She really likes the calm steadiness of his voice. We hope you will continue to create audiobooks for the lesser known Oz stories by Ruth Plumly Thompson. We are reading through the whole series, currently just finishing Ojo in Oz, and she would love to hear Phill Chenevert read all the stories after Kabumpo in Oz. Thank you again for all your work!

Jennifer

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello TriciaG, I tried sending a Thank you before, but I am uncertain if it worked. We have been enjoying your reading of books, by Pansy and Grace Livingston Hill. We want to Thank you for your dedication to reading the books in their entirety. It can be frustrating when a book we are enjoying has a change in readers. Between the lack of quality of microphone and volume, it affects the enjoyment of listening. While we understand, it just makes us more grateful for your service! You must use a quality microphone in a quiet area, because the reading is flawless! Just a few days ago, my husband told me, “She is my favorite reader!”. We really appreciate your excellent effort, it makes our cold winter evenings, much more enjoyable. No TV for us! Thank you again, we hope you are well and have a very Blessed Christmas and New Year.
Sincerely, Al and Penny, from Wisconsin

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mb (mb) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Three Soldiers:

I just finished listening. Thank you for your good job of reading. You have a clear, pleasant voice. The ending was so sad with his papers being blown onto the floor.
Linda

All of mb's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our viewtopic.php?p=1540456#p1540456

To Peter:

I have just finished hearing "The Cathedral" which Librivox posted a few days ago. Let me make a few comments:

1. The narration is PERFECT. It is so clear, so vivid, as vivid as Huysmans' descriptions and language. I believe few could do justice to this unique author, as you have done.

2. I think I was expecting more of a follow-on to "En Route." This was quite a different book. Durtal's experience of leaving the Church to return many years later was so interesting to me, largely because I have had similar experience. And it is a pleasure to read a book in which I understand all the references to rites, authors, etc I think the follow-up to "En Route" is probably "The Oblate," which I don;t think has been "englished" yet.

3. I am so ignorant of architecture and sculpture that I missed much of his descriptions of the Cathedral. But I thoroughly enjoyed Durtal's review of the old German painters. (By the way, I noticed you suppressed a chuckle at the word "sauerkraut" while reading that review, which gave me a chuckle. Durtal's descriptions surprise us sometimes.)

I want to thank you again for all the work you did in narrating this book. It was like a Christmas present, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

Susan

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jvanstan (John Van Stan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Absolutely wonderful reading! Started to listen with my grandkids, it wasn't long before the rest of the family started filtering into the room to listen. Think you might have started a holiday tradition! Thank you for sharing.
Kim

https://librivox.org/a-christmas-carol-version-11-by-charles-dickens/

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to express my thanks to Roger Melin for his reading for Librivox. I had been studying the subject of UFO's and came across his read of Ed Ruppelt's
"The Report on the Unidentified Flying Object" (an absolute MUST read for anyone studying the subject because his conclusions stand true to this day) and found
that Roger's voice was so pleasant to listen to that I would let the book play just to help me fall asleep at night. I'm an engineer on a tugboat and work weird hours
and find it very hard to sleep. I know have probably listened to Melin's reading of this book several hundred times! I just looked back at the Librivox website to see
if he had done any other reads and to my surprise, there's a whole bunch! I am downloading them now and can't wait to listen. Melin does a GREAT job on the 3
UFO-related books I've read so far so am looking forward to hearing some new ones. I would encourage him to do some more UFO-related books from back when
the subject was new, late1940s-50s. People were SO easily fooled into thinking they were being visited by aliens, it's just crazy. But they are fun books to read
and Melin does an excellent job with the topic... he's already proven that! Thank you Mr. Melin for sharing your most excellent story telling voice! Sincerely, Franz

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Hokus Pokus

Many thanks for your excellent reading of "Zwei Märchen" by Theodore Storm. I am an intermediate German language learner, and it is difficult to practice here in Nashville, Tennessee. Your reading helps me to practice listening comprehension and pronunciation, and your voice is very pleasant to hear. Thanks again for taking the time and investing your talents!

Auf deutsch:

Vielen Dank für deine gelesen das Buch "Zwei Märchen" von Theodore Storm. Ich bin eine Deutschspräche Student hier in die USA, aber es ist schwer, Deutsch zu üben in der Nähe von Nashville, Tennessee. Deine lesen hat mir geholfen mit meine Betonung und meineHörverstehen, und deine Stimme ist sehr angenehm zu hören. Nochmal vielen Dank dass du deine Zeit investiert hast und deine Fähigkeiten benutzt für dieses Annehmen!

Sincerely,

Matt

All of Hokuspokus' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ahab

Post by ahab »

Amy, thanks so much for these kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the recording!

Best wishes,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: January 5th, 2019, 10:04 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Stewart,

Moby Dick was excellent!

I tried twice to read it and could not make it through. But thanks to your wonderful telling, I enjoyed every chapter. What an exceptional job you did.

Many thanks,

Amy

All of Stewart's recordings!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

icequeen wrote: January 5th, 2019, 10:40 pm Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello TriciaG, I tried sending a Thank you before, but I am uncertain if it worked. We have been enjoying your reading of books, by Pansy and Grace Livingston Hill. We want to Thank you for your dedication to reading the books in their entirety. It can be frustrating when a book we are enjoying has a change in readers. Between the lack of quality of microphone and volume, it affects the enjoyment of listening. While we understand, it just makes us more grateful for your service! You must use a quality microphone in a quiet area, because the reading is flawless! Just a few days ago, my husband told me, “She is my favorite reader!”. We really appreciate your excellent effort, it makes our cold winter evenings, much more enjoyable. No TV for us! Thank you again, we hope you are well and have a very Blessed Christmas and New Year.
Sincerely, Al and Penny, from Wisconsin

All of Tricia's recordings!
Thank you so much for this! I've seen quite discouraging reviews of my reading in other places, but keep trudging along with it. Having encouragement like this does my heart good. :9:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JillianPress (Jill Preston) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear People,

I am really pleased by the book of Wallace D Wattles, read by Jill Preston.

Although the philosopher was great as in all his writing, the reading of Jill Preston makes me have a very good relationship in my mind and the fallacies of all types in the book.

Here I needed to thank her for her readings and I really believe she should do that more often with other books as well.

Regards,

Reza

All of Jill's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChipDoc (Chip) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Librivox,

We've been enjoying Poe's poem with our young, soon-to-be-literate daughter who is very taken by the dark and rhythmic poem. And we enjoy Chip's Librivox recording so much!

https://librivox.org/long-poems-collection-003/

Thank you, Chip.

Sincerely,
Christine

All of chip's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for m8b1 (Maria Therese) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello Maria Therese,

I just wanted to let you know how much joy and comfort your sweet voice has brought to me over the last several years. I have been suffering from a chronic illness for the past five years and various books of yours (But Thy Love and Thy Grace, The Diary of a Goose Girl, etc.) have brought such joy and enrichment to these years of debilitating fatigue, pain, and cognitive difficulties that have made reading impossible. Charming vintage (especially Catholic) stories for girls are my favourite genre, and your voice suits them so well! They bring me such peace, hope, and refreshment. You have inspired me to volunteer myself to reading some of my favourite treasures, and I am sure it is you reading your Librivox books that has helped my love of vintage children’s literature grow so much.

Thank you,
Emily

All of Maria's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!