'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear LibriVox admin,

My message is for the reader Bart de Leeuw.

Ik wil u graag heel hartelijk bedanken voor al uw werk voor LibriVox. Uw lezing van De Kleine Johannes vond ik zo aangenaam dat ik de rest van uw opnames ben gaan beluisteren en dat voelde als de ontdekking van een schatkist. Inmiddels heb ik het merendeel beluisterd en een aantal van die boeken zijn favorieten van mij geworden. Ik hoop dat u het goed maakt en ik kijk uit naar eventuele verdere uploads!

Met vriendelijke groet, Wijnand

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for blightersrock (Tony Foster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Foster:
I write to thank your remarkable reading of D.H. Lawrence's Sons and Lovers. Your voice led my own reading through one of the most moving books I've ever read, and without a doubt, your performance contributed a great deal to the whole experience.
Best and grateful wishes.
María

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tommack (tommack) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello!

Just wanted to say thank you to reader tommack for his reading of "100 Proofs That the Earth is Not a Globe" (https://librivox.org/one-hundred-proofs-that-the-earth-is-not-a-globe-by-william-carpenter/). I write music, and I used the reading in a song that you can find here: https://open.spotify.com/track/0gYWhIZSKdKjsGzyjbKZKe

Thanks again!

- Ben

All of tommack's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tux753 (Tux) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimado Tomás

Hace un año empecé mis “lecturas auditivas” de Librivox y al poco tiempo descubrí – primero por “La campaña del Maestrazgo” y después por la Primera Serie de las Historias la obra magnífica de Benito Pérez Galdós leída por una persona que merece mi respeto y admiración total!

Muchísimas gracias por el inmenso trabajo que representan las grabaciones de los libros que Vd. ha realizado! Para mí esas obras ya no son sólamente de Galdós sino que incluyen – por la voz y la forma de leer - la personalidad del interprete! Que además las grabaciones estén hechas de una forma profesional hace que escuchar a TUX sea un placer total!

Lo dice un suizo casado desde 1971 con una burgalesa, residentes en Suiza!

Otra vez: GRACIAS!

Paul

All of Tux's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Lynnet (Lynne T) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Colonel Thorndyke’s Secret by G.A. Henty

https://librivox.org/colonel-thorndykes-secret-by-g-a-henty/

Lynn Thompson

Thank you for reading Colonel Thorndyke’s Secret and other books! I picked this book and was excited that it was you reading it because I love your accent and voice! Thank you for taking the time to record!

All of Lynne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TanG (T.Honcharyk) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to say Thank You for your reading. I really enjoyed it and
it was so well done. I loved your tone and intonations. It reminded me
of listening to my grandparents. I was worried that I wouldn't be able
to understand it, but you spoke so well and not fast at all.

Thank you and I look forward to listening to the Kobzar now.

Nadia
All of T.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LikeManyWaters (LikeManyWaters) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your excellent reading of Day of Fate, written by Edward P. Roe. I doubt if I have enjoyed any story more than this, and your beautiful voice and flawless reading made it an exceptional experience. You are among my favorite readers. Thank you so much!

Rob
Del Norte, Colorado

All of LikeManyWaters' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Taylor,

Thank you so much for your brilliant rendering of Love's Shadow by Ada Leverson. You have a real gift, and you absolutely brought the text to life for me. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the next two books in "The Little Ottleys" trilogy.

Thank you again for freely sharing your great talent,

Stephen

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for icequeen (Ann Boulais) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mystical City Of God vol 4. I am so pleased that you finally found the time to read this volume. It was a large recording that would not fit on my MP3 player in a single download. It was worth waiting for.....Thank you

Gordon

All of Ann's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi John:

I have no words to thank you. "The Prince and the Pauper" would have meant less than half of what it means now, had I either read it myself or had someone else's rendition.

Your masterful delivery of the many voices made it come alive. I played the book on my commutes, and only my commutes (usually 2 hours both ways), and these commutes have been immortalized by your reading of the book.

You are a gifted person. Thank you for volunteering. You have made a difference.

Sincerely,

Syed
Dubai, UAE

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for wdavidbaldwin (David Baldwin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Unspoken Sermons:
Dear David, thanks old son, well read.

Sincerely,

Nick
All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened to many books by Tadhg especially Thomas Hardy’s classics.

I cannot think of any one who presented these so beautifully than him.

Thank you for making it available in Librivox.

Shankar

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for phileasfogg (Victor Villarraza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Buenos días, tarde o noches,

Mi escrito es para decirte que me ha gustado mucho como has narrado Las Mil Noches y Una Noche, ya voy por la 4ª vez que la escucho.

Gracias por el trabajo que te has tomado deleitando nuestros oídos con Las Mil Noches y Una Noche.

¿Podrás contar las otras partes del libro Las Mil Noches y Una Noche?

Gracias.

All of Victor's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Mr. Stewart Wills for his astounding and excellent reading of Moby-Dick, or the Whale. That he succeeded in giving life to this enormous novel - and for free, no less! - is an amazing feat. I am always caught off-guard when he manages to catch the right tone for one of those Melvillean, unspooling sentences, which seem to go on forever. The pitch of his voice captures precisely how it is meant to be read, whether it is in a sarcastic remark (e.g, the hilarious takedowns of various pseudosciences of Melville's time), an existential ruminating (too many to list!) or just the general narrative. Mr. Willis succeeds in making Moby-Dick flow as smooth as the sea, yet it can be rough (in the best of ways!) and attention-grabbing when it must be.

Furthermore, I can't commend enough the fact that he gave each character a distinct voice of his own - from Ishmael to Ahab. I have to confess, however, that out of all voices, Stubb has to be my favourite: whether it is his unique way of calling on to sailors to row or rig more intensely, or his sanctimonious preaching (reaching an absurd length in Ch. 64, which is frankly one of the funniest chapters in the book!), Mr. Wills always grabs me. Thank you so much!

Grateful for your effort,
Aleks.

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mary Ann –

Thank you for this wonderfully genuine and pleasant reading of the life-changing Anna Karenina! Such a perfect and undistracting reading must have taken so much time and effort! Thank you

D
All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!