'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kenmorefield (Kenneth R. Morefield) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Kenneth,

I wanted to thank you for your excellent reading of David Elginbrod by George MacDonald. It is wonderful to be able to listen to this book that I have read several times but don't have time to read anymore because of the demands of work. So I listen during drives and lunchtime walks. The availability of this reading has helped erase the feeling I've had that the memory of this author is on the point of disappearing altogether. Obviously you appreciate him too, and there must be many others. Thank you for helping keep his memory and works alive.

Blessings,
Bill
Spokane, WA

All of Kenneth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for KOMunley (Kyle M.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Kyle,
Thank you for your reading of A Christmas Carol. I was working on Christmas presents and turned your recording on. You were wonderful-all the different voicing was perfect! I found other books you have read and I have them on a list to listen to as well.
Keep up the good work!

All of Kyle's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for adr6090 (April6090) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you to April6090 for reading
House of whispers by William le Queux. I really enjoyed it and appreciate the work it took to do a book solo!!
Thank you, Lynn

All of April6090's recordings!
Thank you for the compliment, it is appreciated. :D
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Riccardo (Riccardo Fasol) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Vorrei ringraziare Riccardo Fasol

Sto ascoltando il fu Mattia pascal letto da lui e l ascolto è reso meraviglioso dall abilità del lettore che rende quasi reali le scene che racconta.

Grazie ?

All of Riccardo's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just a short not to say thank you for your readings.

Am listening to the Greek View of Life.

Your reading of Frank Harris's Oscar Wilde just perfect.

Love your sign off - Martin Geeson - Hazelmere - Surrey. You say it beautifully.

Once again many thanks.

Vicky OAP - West Ealing - London lol

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LauraKoskinen (Laura Koskinen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording in the group project Can You Forgive Her?:

Hi,

Your rendition of Lady Glencora, Alice, and Mr. Palliser were marvelous.

I am sure Glencora sounded in real life exactly as you portrayed.

Thank you so much for your work!

Toney
Indiana

All of Laura's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for BookAngel7 (BookAngel7) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Angela (BookAngel7),

Thank you very much for reading "The Key to the Riddle" by Margaret S. Comrie (https://librivox.org/the-key-to-the-riddle-by-margaret-s-comrie/). I have listened to this story several times, and each time I am encouraged by the faith displayed by the characters in this book. Thank you for making this story available on LibriVox!

Sincerely,

Jeanine

All of BookAngel7's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Empire:

Many thanks Kevin, very well read and an enjoyable story. I hope you enjoyed making it too.

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for PatrickLondon (Patrick Wallace) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi there,

Just a quick thank you for your reading of 'The City of Elephants Which Is Governed by the Great God of Idleness, Who Lives on the Top of a Hill', https://librivox.org/coffee-break-collection-007-by-various/ Find you to be clear, accurate, with proficient volume and according use of tone to life the words from the page!

Very pleased do keep it up ?

Thanks

All of Patrick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for your readings, particularly those of Andrew Murray. His teaching is strikingly contemporary and applicable to our times.

All of Chris' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for piranesi (Geroge Snow) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Snow:

My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your outstanding reading of "The Raven" on LibriVox! Your reading of "The Raven" in the Short Poetry Collection 112 https://librivox.org/short-poetry-collection-112-by-various/ is excellent, and we were incredibly excited to find it on LibriVox. My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Your recording of "The Raven" is now featured in a two-part English Language Arts tutorial where students learn how to analyze word choices, examine word meanings and subtle differences in word meanings, determine the connotations of words, and analyze the impact of specific word choices on the meaning of the poem. Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, when possible, we really like to find outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety in our audio and increase engagement for students. Your reading of "The Raven" was exactly what we were looking for. We loved your articulation and pacing, and we loved your intensity. As the speaker in the poem grew nervous, or curious, or hopeful, or more frantic and angry, your reading of the narration did the same. Thank you so much for the work you put into your excellent recording and for making it available for everyone to enjoy! We know how much work can go into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work. We hope that you will create more recordings of other texts for LibriVox in the future.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our tutorials, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/171769

Thank you again!

Kris

All of Geroge's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cobalt100 (Caden Vaughn Clegg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Clegg:

My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your outstanding reading of Anthem on LibriVox! Your reading of Anthem https://librivox.org/anthem-version-2-by-ayn-rand/ is excellent, and we were incredibly excited to find it on LibriVox. My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Your recording of Anthem is now featured in a two-part English Language Arts tutorial where students learn how to use textual details and connotative meanings of words to determine a narrator's tone and analyze the impact of word choices on the meaning and tone of a text. Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, when possible, we really like to find outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety in our audio and increase engagement for students. Your reading of Anthem was exactly what we were looking for. We loved your articulation and pacing, and we loved your emphasis on certain word choices to help readers connect with the narrator's feelings and changing tone. When we imagined what Equality 7-2521 might sound like if his character were brought to life, your reading nailed just what we had envisioned!

Thank you so much for the work you put into your excellent recording and for making it available for everyone to enjoy! We know how much work can go into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work. We hope that you will create more recordings of other texts for LibriVox in the future.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our tutorials, please click on the link below.
http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/167938

Thank you again!

Kris

All of Caden's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Stewart

this is a very quick note to say thank you very much indeed for your Librivox recording of Moby Dick. I have tried to read this gargantuan work on numerous occasions and found it almost impossible to progress past the first chapter but I found your Librivox version thoroughly engaging and, not only did I make it to the end, I now number Moby Dick amongst my favourite books!

So thank you again for bringing Ahab and the crew of the Pequod to life, your hard work is very much appreciated.

very best wishes

PHIL

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

regarding his readings of Inner Shrine and The Ghost
Dear Simon,
Thank you, yet again, for being such a comforting presence in my life. I often listen to your recordings several times over to appreciate in depth the talent both of the writer and the reader.
I love to hear your voice, which suggests to me all the qualities I value most: intelligence, generosity, self-discipline, understanding, and warmth; with a wonderful range of vocal expression.
Out here, off-grid, and out of range of both Wi-FI and telephone signal relays, it is particularly pleasant to listen to another human voice. When, as now, the evenings are drawing in and seasonal health problems limit my activities, your work is especially precious to me. I wonder if you can begin to appreciate what a gift you have made to literally millions of people like myself.
I wish there were some way I could reciprocate, but I try to do so in other ways, by sharing the limited talents I have myself with other members of local and world'-wide communities.
I am only online once a week when a friend takes me to where I can access Internet to post my blogs, do some research and counselling, and download another talking book. My PC speed is appallingly slow and it takes hours to download a single talking book, but they have become a real luxury. I also prefer the elegance and moral values of many older authors, although some can be terrifying when they address the future and the traceable origins of the New World Order.
I know little about you, not even your age, but I imagine you as a much-loved husband and father, and I envisage a beautiful home overlooking the sea, as sometimes I hear seagulls on your sound tracks.
I wish you and yours every good thing, as I do also for the other readers on LIbrivox. But I take the liberty of writing to you again as you are the only one who has ever replied, and your work has given me years of comfort and pleasure.. Thank you again,
sylvie
and...
I love all your readings, wonderfully done, and I love the seagulls squawking in the background. :D I have not been to our coast in years and hearing the seagulls in your readings is so pleasurable.
All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for nickdunc (Nick Duncan) form our 'Thank a reader' feature:

hello nick duncan

i have enjoyed listening to your fluent reading of blake's jerusalem many times, and just finished your reading of liber amoris with great pleasure.

thanks--hope you will continue to offer more contributions of english romantic literature to librivox. i am sure i am not alone in hoping for a solo reading of the prelude--and i can't imaging anyone doing it better

thanks again

tony

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!