'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mr. Wills, I just wish to say thankyou for your hard work at LibriVox. I am somewhat hard of hearing but your fine clear voice is easy to understand and you ability to read properly is greatly appreciated by me and others.
Cal

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello LibriVox team,

I would appreciate if you would pass on this note to Expatriate, the reader of Don Quixote, Parts 1 and 2 (trans. John Ormsby), URL: https://librivox.org/don-quixote-vol-2-ormsby-translation-by-miguel-de-cervantes-saavedra/.

Dear Expatriate of Bangor, Maine,

I just finished listening to the last of Don Quixote (both volumes), as read by you, and am quite glad I came across the audiobook. Somehow I had no relish for the story six or seven years ago when a few short parts were assigned to me in high school, but since then I have become much fonder of stories where the main character is some kind of fool, and I could be convinced now that the ingenious gentleman of La Mancha is one of the best fools the world has ever known. It was a great pleasure to listen to your fluent reading during my semester break in college while doing mindless office work scanning reams of papers, and thank you for your unflagging effort to make such a long and exalted work on the air in the public domain!

Ben of North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for cisic (Charlene V. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare

https://librivox.org/beautiful-stories-from-shakespeare-by-edith-nesbit/

As you like it

Charlene V. Smith

Well read; Lovely voice.

regards

David

All of Charlene's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for vanityfair (E. Plein) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Plein: I wish to thank you for your wonderful and entertaining reading of Vanity Fair. I have enjoyed countless hours of pleasurable listening of your delightful voice and the intonation given to the French characters,.... superb!!!

Please accept my enthusiastic thanks for a [volunteer] job well done,...what a generous way of giving part of your time for the benefit of the general public...congratulations !!

All of E.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you to David Clarke for his reading of The Count of Monte Cristo. You did an amazing job with such a long story. The story is long but it was thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GlassMask (Ted Delorme) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I would like to thank the gentlemen for letting me enjoy Candide while driving solo on the road. His narration was awesome and gripping and made the long distance pass like a flip. Thanks from Kerman-Iran

All of Ted's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Remontant (Mary Reagan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Mary Reagan for her delightful reading of Nellie Bly's "Around the World in 72 Days". Her expressive reading made me feel as though I were listening to Nellie tell the story herself, complete with a very audible twinkle in her eye. She also did the voices of the other characters very well. I enjoyed this reading very much.

All of Mary's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Remontant

Post by Remontant »

Why thank you, Ann! So kind of you to say so. "Nellie" was such an interesting person and a vivid writer--I'm glad she's found another fan. :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Readaholic (Cindy Steib) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I finished listening to The Harvester, by Gene Stratton-Porter today. Thank you, Cindy, for reading it! I really appreciated that you took your time, read so accurately, and made even most of the long sentences understandable on the first hearing. I rarely had to backtrack! Thank you! -Kris

All of Cindy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sskim (S S Kim) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

History of the jews in Russia etc...volume 1

I just started it. Your English is great. Very easy to understand. Thank you for recording this. Best Regards, Rebecca

All of S's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ekzemplaro (ekzemplaro) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just wanted to give some brownie points to the person who read "kusamakura" Its japanese book online. I cant read japanese however I can speak it. My dad has a neurological terminal disease called PSP. He has recently declined a bit after my mother died 2 months ago.. This disease robs his brain and ability to move talk swallow and sooner or later to breath. He loved to read but cant see well anymore nor keep his eyes open. Im very glad to find this reader on this website. So Thank you very much for reading this book on audio. You made a HUGE difference for my dads life WE really appreciate it.
Ken

All of ekzemplaro's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for JPyle90 (James Pyle) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just finished "5 Children and It." A delight---a favorite book of mine, read with snap and verve.

Thanks for doing this. Made a long day of painting a porch a much nicer job!

Jim
Hilo, HI

All of James' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Justin Brett (Justin Brett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just listened to Chesterton's Charles Dickens, and your reading was splendid. Thank you for doing this--I only wish I could get a whole book you had read! Easy and smooth and authoritative. I hope you do more!

Jim
Hilo, HI

All of Justin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Bead Krazy Dawn (Dawn Larsen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Dawn,

I would like to thank you for your reading of, “That Affair Next Door”. I very much enjoyed the story and you read it so well and with enthusiasm and eloquence of language. It is so very kind of you to make these recordings for people like me and I am very appreciative. I look forward to listening to another one of your novels.

Best Regards,

Michael

All of Dawn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Ruth Golding
Wuthering Heights Version 2

Dear Ruth

Thank you for your fantastic recording of Wuthering Heights. I felt like I knew all the characters and the settings they were in. I was prompted to listen to it by a programme on the tv.
It was so good couldn"t stop listening but didn't want it to end. I listen to the classics because I don't have the concentration to read them.
I can't imagine the commitment it takes to read a whole book out load and remember the character voices and create an atmosphere. Wonderful.

Thank you very much
Penni

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!