'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rafeball (Rafe Ball) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
What a pleasure it is to listen to ghost tales that you read. Thank you!
Kathryn

All of Rafe's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for harriem (Ed Harrigan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ed, I appreciate your reading of chapters 8, 9, and 11 of St. Benedict by Frances A. Forbes.

You have a good voice and a good style. Your pace is good. It's really not pleasant to listen when the reader is hurrying along with the words. I find it's better to err on the slower side.

Thank you!

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NKWhitley (Nick Whitley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello

I just want to say thank you for your recordings of the the Anthony Trollope Chronicles of Barsetshire series. I am just finishing Doctor Thorne after enjoying the previous books, and have so much enjoyed the way you read the books, and bring out all of the character’s quirks and thoughts as written by Trollope. Brilliant!

I am eagerly awaiting Framley Parsonage. I am not so familiar with the storylines in it, but I know your excellent reading will bring it all to life!

Keep up the good work!

Miriam

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leesma (Lee Smalley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi dears
I want to thank Lee Smalley ( reader of permanent husband) for his great work.Nice voice and perfect reading..
Thank you

All of Lee's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the Oz books and Pollyanna.

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Maine Woods:
just saying thanks bunches for recording this. i read this book years ago but so nice to just listen and listen to someone who can pronounce the names correctly!!!

great job and much appreciated.

:-)

Teresa

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for moocapiean (Michael Lipschultz), Joe Spy (Joe Mabry) and Paul Adams (Paul Adams) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Title : The Art of Public Speaking

https://librivox.org/the-art-of-public-speaking-by-dale-carnegie-and-joseph-b-esenwein/

Thank you so much for your hard work. I really enjoyed the book thanks to the clarity, pace, and the pitch of your reading. I love that you actually did the reading as how the writers suggested to. Keep up the good work. God bless you

All of Michael's recordings!
All of Joe's recordings!
All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Liebe Hokuspokus

Danke für das wunderbare Vorlesen des "Fräulein von Scuderi".

Besten Gruss
Martin

All of Hokuspokus' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoDecaf (David Leeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
just finished listening to The Cat of Bubastes (G.A. Henty). It was a great way to pass the time in West Seattle traffic. Your reading was very good and I especially appreciated you changing voices for each character (keeping them sorted must be difficult). I noticed that you've been involved in 34 different readings many of which were solo. I'm not sure what motivates you to work so hard for others enjoyment but please know that I (and I'm sure your other listeners) appreciate it very much.

God bless you,
Joe

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just finished reading/listening to Anna Karenina (Dole translation) and seriously, you guys all did such a good job. I loved the book and the flow and the sound. Well done all the way around. Thank you guys for such dedication.

Thanks so much!
Jenny
and...
Thank you so much for your excellent reading of War and Peace. I listen it now as I do my do my work from home. I just finished Volume 2 and I was so sad to find that volume 3 and 4 are not yet completed, but I know what a task this undertaking must be.

Wishing you all the best in your continued endeavors. Looking forward to hear the rest of the book!

Best,
Theresa

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for alexfoster (Alex Foster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello

Just wanted to say Thanks to Mr. Alex Foster. His readings are very easy to perceive and his accent is great.

I am looking forward to listen more Audiobooks from him.

Thank you again

Garvit

All of Alex's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChuckW (Chuck Williamson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Mr. Williamson for your thoughtful reading of "The Garden God: A Tale of Two Boys." Forrest Reid has been one of my favorite authors for years and I am so happy to be able to listen to his words. I have already listened to the book twice. If you do any more Forrest Reid, I shall be very interested. I also see you are currently working on an Arthur Machen and I look forward to that with anticipation. Thank you again!

Rain

All of chuck's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Helen Taylor,

All morning I dreaded reaching the end of "The Enchanted April."
Now it's finished and the spell woven by the story and by your voice reading it are nearly over.
But it was a refreshing experience just like the perfect Italian holiday in the book.
If you're not a professional voice actor, you could be.

Thank you!

Mary

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
My eyes have fallen into such a condition that renders reading a printed page nearly impossible. I love to listen! If I were reading, I would doubtless stumble at colloquialisms and songs. You, TriciaG, did marvelously in the reading "A Daily Rate" [by Grace Livingston Hill] and in the songs. I love singing, but I looked up the hymn page for "Father, In Thy Presence Kneeling" and wonder, if it were my duty to read this selection, if I would not have simply stuck the words to a different tune like Fanny Crosby's "Rescue the Perishing" tune or "under His Wings" but you sang the actual tune! It was refreshing. Thanks so much!

If I were to expect a response from you [which I do not] I would ask if you knew the song [Father in Yhy Mysterious Presence Kneeling] or if you just picked it out from the musical score. I'm working on it without much success and I don't have the pressure of having to read! Tremendous job, TriciaG.

No reply necessary... just curious!

George

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for paulc (Paul Curran) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you to Paul Curran for reading an Ainsworth book titled Rookwood! I just downloaded it and am planning to listen to it in the next so many days. Could you also find time to read "The Tower Of London"? I have mental issues that make actual reading difficult for me and this book has also captured my attention. Thank you for your consideration of this.

Carl
Sioux Falls, SD, USA

All of Paul's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!