'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank Stewart Wills for his amazing reading of Moby Dick. A few years ago, well into my fifties, I thought I really should read Moby Dick. I got as far as the infamous chapter 42 and gave up. But Mr. Wills' reading brought the story to life, to an extent that I want to read it in print now. He's not only a good reader, he's also a great voice actor. The different characters all had their distinct voices, all done so well. Thank you for making this story accessible.

All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Keeble,

Thanks very much for your reading of Bleak House. You made the characters and the story come alive - I enjoyed it cover to cover (or perhaps track to track).

An appreciative listener

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ahab

Post by ahab »

Thanks so much for this kind feedback -- much appreciated!

Best wishes,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:39 pm Praise received for ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank Stewart Wills for his amazing reading of Moby Dick. A few years ago, well into my fifties, I thought I really should read Moby Dick. I got as far as the infamous chapter 42 and gave up. But Mr. Wills' reading brought the story to life, to an extent that I want to read it in print now. He's not only a good reader, he's also a great voice actor. The different characters all had their distinct voices, all done so well. Thank you for making this story accessible.

All of Stewart's recordings!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thank you to Mark Barnes for your great work reading such a large portion of the Confessions of St. Augustine! You really bring the material to life in a way that is both respectful and cordial.
zmartha

Post by zmartha »

Thank you, Ian Skillen, for reading part of Dead Men's Money. You are blessed with a pleasant and strong clear voice. I looked up your name to see what other books you read and plan to listen to the other two also.🙂 martha from the Ozarks
redaer

Post by redaer »

An heiligen Wassern
https://librivox.org/an-heiligen-wassern-by-jakob-christoph-heer/

Dank für das gute Vorlesen dieses Buches, Eva. Ich kannte weder den Autor noch dieses Werk. Das Hörbuch fand ich interessant und das Zuhören hat mir Freude bereitet.

Grüße

PM sent to Eva
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sskim (S S Kim) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi S. S. Kim,

This is just a quick note to say thank you for your amazing reading of "History of the Jews in Russia and Poland..". Due to your reading, I do not have an obscure, ignorant and incomplete knowledge about that vast subject spanning over hundreds or even thousands of years.

Although neighboring both Poland, Ukraine and Russia - from Romania - I never had that kind of privilege, to have access to that kind of information, or to be taught that in school. As you know, all Eastern Europe and Russia have been under communist rule, hence history, the truth was what the leaders decided.

In regards to the Jewish people, it is still a shame that in most of the Eastern block and Russia people are still ruled by superstitions, myths, misconceptions and various other biases.

I'm looking forward to the second installment.

Thank you and kind regards,

Mike,
Linux engineer
Suffolk, VA USA

All of S S's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Anderson,

Thank you very much for the wonderful reading of John Lloyd Stephens
two books, "Incidents of Travel in Central America, Chiapas and
Yucatan" (Vol. 1 & 2).

https://librivox.org/incidents-of-travel-in-central-america-chiapas-and-yucatan-vol-2-by-john-lloyd-stephens/

I have traveled to Mexico and wanted to read the books for many years,
but never had the time. But listening to you read them provided many
hours of pleasure. I learned a lot of historical information along
the way.

Thank you again for a job well done!
and...
To volunteer narrator Sue Anderson,
Thank you so much for your reading of By Ox Team to California - A Narrative of Crossing the Plains in 1860. I thoroughly enjoyed the non-fiction account of Lavinia Honeyman Porter, and I am grateful for the resource of all these books made available by Librivox and their volunteers! Your reading style is very clear and slow enough that I become entirely enveloped in the story! I also enjoyed In Dakota with General Custer.
Sincerely,

All of Sue's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear THynes

Just finished this book and wanted to thankyou so much for your great reading, It made the book come alive with all of your dialects and accents for the characters.

I know this was a lot of work on your part and just wanted to thankyou ,personally

Rich

Shamong NJ

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for LibraryLady (Annie Coleman Rothenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,
I have re-arranged your Sonnet 73 reading recording
in Shakespeare's Sonnets (version 1) (2006-02-02)
(https://librivox.org/sonnets-by-william-shakespeare/)
and turned into a video poetry on my Youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/BwpmHoq1WcQ
Sonnet 73 by William Shakespeare
Adagio in G Minor by Tomaso Albinoni
Reading by Annie Coleman Rothenberg / LibriVox.org
I hope you like and enjoy it.
Thank you so much.
My Best Wishes.

Omer
Screens Channel

All of Annie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Evers:

I just finished listening to your recording of John Caldigate by Anthony Trollope. Thank you so much for recording it! Having Trollope read to me is one of my life's great pleasures and your reading made this story that much more delightful. Your reading is perfect and it's obvious that you understand and appreciate Trollope's sensibilities and humor. I live in the southeastern Georgia countryside and often find myself driving long distances so I listen to many audiobooks. I plan to read the rest of what you have recorded for Librivox.

Again, many thanks for recording this! You've really done a wonderful service with your excellent reading!

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gibhere2 (CJ Plogue) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
CJ,

Thank you so much for reading the Book of Enoch and the Book of Jasher. It is a pleaure to listen to...Your enunciation and clarity is marvelous. Your speed and emphases of different portions and words are perfect...like I would read it myself to another listener. It is a pleasure to listen to, as well as UNDERSTAND the content.

Thanks again, Dale

All of CJ's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Today my husband and I finished listening to your reading of Wuthering Heights complete with all voices.

Thank you for your excellent reading of it. And making a great classic accessible to us on the road, driving through the Karoo.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
to Maryanne for the beautiful reading of such titles as Spurgeon's "All of Grace" and Ryle's "Mark".

She is the best of all the narrators, in my experience.

and...
Hi,

I would really like to thank both Librivox and Mary Anne. I have found the narration of “War and Peace,” to be a spectacular way to go through my day. I am an analytical metals chemist and when I’m in the lab the work tedious. You have made War and Peace entertaining and I find myself in the shoes of a Bougie 19th century Russian eagerly awaiting my next serial. The way you read displays an inherent knowledge of the text. I have recommended your recordings on YouTube to anybody who is interested and cheer you on as you finish!

Thanks for making Tolstoy less intimidating!

Taylor

and...
Dear Ms. Spiegel,

I would like to thank you for the excellent job you did in reading Anna Karenina. I have not read the book, but despite it's size the narrative is progressing quickly and easily due to your fantastic vocal variations for the different characters.

God bless,
Connie
All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just want to thank you Karen for the beautiful breath of life that you imbued Lucy Maud Montgomery's wonderful "Anne girl". I just love sitting back, soaking in Ms.Montgomery's immortal tale and wiping back tears as I listen to Karen tell the tale.

She has the perfect freshness of voice and clarity of diction that makes it so enjoyable to listen to.

Smiles and sunshine from one Kindred spirit to another. :clap:

Of the tribe of Joseph,

Joseph
and...
Hello Mrs. Savage,

Thank you so much for reading “Rilla of Inglside”. It makes me very happy and I listen to it every night. It makes me go to sleep.
When I first listened to it, I wanted to be Rilla. Then for Christmas, I received the whole series of books including Rilla of Inglside. Thank you again for reading this book and all the others you’ve read. I have downloaded a lot of the ones you’ve read, such as “Railway Children”, "Doctor Doolittle” and my other siblings like "Scarlet Pimpernel” which I hope to listen to soon. And please, if you have suggestions for me to read, I would love it if you'd let me know.

Thanks again and God Bless,

Meredith

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!