'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to say a big thanks to Ruth Golding for her brilliant input of emotions while reading - you truly are a joy to listen to. The books I enjoyed the most so far are:
1) Art of Money Getting (version 2) by P. T. Barnum
2) Mental Efficiency and Other Hints to Men and Women by Arnold Bennett
3) Self and Self-management: Essays about Existing by Arnold Bennett.

I hope you get to see this and it will be a bonus if you respond.

Again, thank you for being amazing and making me enjoy reading... or listening, I suppose.

If I may ask, would it be too much to request a book be graciously read by you? If it's not too much I recommend 'Awaken the Giant Within' by Anthony Robbins.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/a-room-with-a-view-version-2-by-e-m-forster/ – A Room With a View

https://librivox.org/the-dead-by-james-joyce-version-2/ - The Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksn2pwKN0WI -The Picture of Dorian Gray

(And others)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read these books aloud! Audiobooks save my life, and I love your voice. It’s awesome you do so many for free; it’s incredibly useful for school and for entertainment. I’ve been listening to your narrations/cameos during work, and they make it pass in a blast! I know if I ever want to listen to an audiobook during a long car ride, I’m going to check out the others you’ve done.

Thank you 😊

-Alyssa

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pointysticks (Brenda Dayne) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Brenda Dayne,

I just finished listening to your recording of The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton. I loved your voice and the way you varied your intonation and expression depending on the mood or style of the chapters or sentences. You seem to have a dramatic background that enhanced the reading beautifully.

I am a doctoral student writing and researching turn of the twentieth century authors such as Edith Wharton and Henry James. I listen to the audio versions as I read the texts—it helps me absorb the words both visually and aurally.

It would be wonderful if you recorded more Wharton and/or James novels. I find it very difficult to find readers that have a fine sensitivity in their reading of the text like you do.

Thanks again,

Georgia

All of Brenda's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/mistakes-of-moses-by-robert-g-ingersoll/

M.I. you are by far the best reader. I could listen to you everyday. Thank you for you talent.

lnm

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just re-listening to Anne's House of Dreams after a LONG absence from the shores of P.E.I. and I want to thank you Karen for bringing all of the hopes, inspirations and lives in this magical book to life.

From a son of the House of Joseph,

Joseph
and...
Thankyou to Karen savage for your superb readings. I have a long morning and evening commute, which seem so much shorter when listening to your Jane Austen readings. The characterisations are subtle and charming, and enormously entertaining. I finished them all too quickly, but have enjoyed your other readings that I've listened to as well, and it's prompted me to meet new books and revisit old favourites that I'd forgotten about. So thank you.
Kate (Australia)

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Throughly enjoyed your reading of Nicholas Nickleby, masterfully done. Thank You.

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Prince Frederick, MD
April 29, 2019

I simply wanted to thank Mr. Smith for his excellent reading of Robinson Crusoe (the first story).

It was well-paced and engaging, despite the obvious challenges of reading that text fluidly. I found the rendition of the overtly Christian sections especially excellent (Hard to execute in today’s day and age without irony!) Well-done. I look forward to finding and listen to more of your work.

Thank you!
--
Yours in Christ,

The Rev. Father Brian

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,
Please can you pass on my thanks to John Greenman for his rendition of Uncle Tom's Cabin. It is a masterful work, and his narration really brought it alive and helped me "feel" the poignancy and beauty of the story.
Regards,
Anton

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the Dramatic Reading of Little Women from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks for your time , dedication , and sacrifice ! I've listened to all of these versions and am so enjoying the dramatic readings . I've had my whole class use these recordings and thanks to you , they love the book and librovox. You've inspired another generation !
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
NyatsimbaTino

Post by NyatsimbaTino »

I'd like to thank all the readers for reading very well :thumbs:
NYAXIE :thumbs:
rebekarrr

Post by rebekarrr »

Thank you Deana for the wonderful reading of Gwendolen's part in The Importance of Being Earnest! Your voice was a delight to listen to, and you did an amazing job at bringing the character to life! I really wish there were more audibooks recorded by you!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leni (Leni) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Olá.
Eu gostaria de agradecer à leitora Leni. Ela faz um grande trabalho, é prazeroso ouvir você nos contar todas aquelas histórias. Estou sempre viajando, e nada melhor do que ler/ouvir um livro durante o trajeto.
Uma das primeiras narrações que eu ouvi foi "A senhora" de Jose de ALencar. https://librivox.org/senhora-by-jose-de-alencar/

Depois disso descobri o Librevox. Um trabalho fantástico. Estou sempre procurando novas publicações. Espero um dia poder contribuir com o acervo.

A Leni possui redes socias? Gostaria de acompanhar mais o seu trabalho. Se sim, por favor, me informem.

Obrigado a todos.
Bernardo

All of Leni's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Grant Hurlock (Grant Hurlock) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Grant,
We so looked forward to each of your chapter readings of Prester John: an action-packed, amazing story. We are Buchan fans and were not disappointed with your rendition: you did an excellent job in our opinion. Thank you so much for the pleasure you helped to impart into our lives (one mother & her 3 sons) especially on our road trips :-). ~debi

All of Grant's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for thadine (Joy Chan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Joy,

My husband and I have recently enjoyed listening to The Pilgrim’s Progress and The Holy War. And now, much to my delight, I have discovered your readings from The King James Bible and of the author Andrew Murray. Needless to say, I know I shall enjoy every minute.

Many thanks for your time, patience and labour of love. We trust that many lives will be blessed and enriched.

With much appreciation!

Andrea

and...

I have been listening to Andrew Murray's With Christ in the School of Prayer and keep thinking about how thankful I am that someone with such a wonderful voice and lovely accent is doing the reading. The material is great, even life changing, made even better by Joy Chan's elegant delivery. Thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this purposeful work.

and...
recording:
https://librivox.org/mysticism-a-study-in-nature-and-development-of-spiritual-consciousness-by-evelyn-underhill/

to Joy Chan:

This book is already gorgeous to read, and your lovely recordings make it gorgeous to listen to. Thank you.

Clay

All of Joy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) and dormouse3 (Mike Harris) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

I just finished listening to Robbery Under Arms by Rolf Boldrewood (https://librivox.org/robbery-under-arms-by-rolf-boldrewood/) as my first LibriVox audiobook.

I'm a Canadian who grew up reading books tirelessly. I've always maintained I'm happiest when I'm reading. As I am approaching middle age and increasingly busy, I find it harder to sit down and read a book. Librivox offers me an opportunity to continue my passion for reading, while I'm driving or washing dishes.

Through unexpected turns of fate I found myself living in the Australian Outback last year. It was in Roma, Queensland where a local told me of a trial at the local courthouse that was immortalised in a book called Robbery Under Arms. Not having an extensive local library in this tiny town I found the Librivox recording online. This book gave me an interesting and illuminating look into the world in which I inadvertently found myself living.

I wish to express my sincere thanks to LibriVox as a whole, and in particular to the volunteer readers Richard Kilmer and Mike Harris. They did an excellent job and have my gratitude for their efforts. I hope others listeners also take the time to offer them their thanks, as they are providing what I consider to be a very kind service to humanity.

Sincerely,

Kevin
Brisbane, Australia

All of Richard's recordings!
All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!