'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Zeckou (Zeckou) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for L'île mystérieuse, very good reading!
Peter

All of Zeckou's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Phil

I am writing this email from Canberra (the capital of Australia) and I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your reading of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. (https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-huckleberry-finn-version-6-by-mark-twain/)

I have never read any Mark Twain, so your reading was my introduction. I am a mature age, first year undergraduate university student and this is one of our set texts for English Literature this semester.

The quality of your sound recording was top notch and I enjoyed the voices you brought to the various characters in the story. I think this will make it much easier for me when I sit down to actually read the book myself.

Thank you again for taking the time to do this reading for our enjoyment.

Regards

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you so, so much for your wonderful presentation of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I enjoyed it so, so much, but with limited time to listen, I was ever anxious to continue.
Yes of course Jane Eyre is a lovely story, it is a classic after all, but your presentation really drew me in, I became your confidante, almost Jane's confidante! Your ability to describe and thus give substance to the characters by the skilled use of your voice and tone is truly remarkable. (Thus said from my own limited experience of bringing the joy of reading to young people, being a retired primary school teacher).
I feel quite, quite sad, having just listened to the conclusion of the story.... Wonderful ending though it be, but I know I will choose carefully my next 'read'... and all the better if it be one read by Elizabeth Klett.
Once again, a heartfelt thank you. You are amazing....

Kind regards,
Karen
South Wales, within the UK

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for feria-bass (Naf) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Turn off for: French
Bonjour madame Naf

je tiens à vous remercier grandement pour votre enregistrement de La Horla de Maupassant.
J’ai passé d’excellents moments avec ce texte, j’ecoutai les nuits

Je tiens à rajouter que votre voix est merveilleuse et formidable

Je vous remercie du temps que vous avez consacré à ces enregistrements et je suis heureux de découvrir sur le site qu’il y en a plein d’autres avec votre voix.

Je suis fan de Maupassant , je crois avoir lu l’intégrale de son oeuvre lors des multiples trajets avec une compagnie de theatre de rue ( toute l’Europe en minibus).

merci encore

Bien cordialement

Malik

All of Naf's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Kevin Green,

I just wanted to thank you for and congratulate you on your excellent reading of Caroline Herschel's Memoirs and Correspondence. We will be playing some snippets of the reading in our upcoming podcast episode on Caroline Herschel, and will of course credit you as the reader.

If there is any website you would like us to link to in our episode webpage, or anything in particular you would like mentioned in the credits, do get in touch.

Many thanks again,

Katie

Host, What'sHerName Women's History Podcast
www.whatshernamepodcast.com

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kalynda (Kalynda) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am currently listening to Les Misérables on YouTube and so far, Kalynda is my favorite reader. I wanted to thank them for correctly pronouncing the French. It's a language with hard rules to learn, and having the words said correctly keeps the story flowing as smoothly as possible. So thank you, Kalynda, once I finish all 60hrs of this audiobook, I'll have to see if I can find more of your work to enjoy.

~Blessings,
River

All of Kalynda's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for msfry (Michele Fry) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea (Version 3)
Jules VERNE (1828 - 1905), translated by F. P. WALTER ( - )

https://librivox.org/twenty-thousand-leagues-under-the-sea-by-jules-verne-2/

Thanks a lot!

It was a glorious audio rendering. Charged with feelings and impressive expression. You enlighten so many hours for me. When I was cleaning or arranging the books in the library or in night hours... when I was in pitch black. Jules Verne and you, miss Michele Fry sparked my imagination up. It was much better than a movie. And it was much, much longer. Thanks again a lot. My God bless you with health, happiness, and fascination.

All of Michele's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello,

I would like to thank Adrian Praetzellis for his reading of The Wind in the Willows. I appreciate that he reads slowly and clearly, with great voices. I plan to listen to more recordings by this great reader!

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Tanica (Tanica) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This thank you is for Tanica, Unknown to History by Charlotte Mary Yonge. https://librivox.org/unknown-to-history-by-charlotte-mary-yonge/.

Wow - absolutely wonderful job reading this book! The variation in accents and feeling put into this effort made each character come alive as I listened. I listened with eager attention and expectation of what would come next in the story. The message of the book was conveyed well through your reading - excellent job. I am buying the book now, and eagerly await to be able to read it to my children, hopefully putting some portion of the feeling you put into this reading.

Sincerely,

Christine

All of Tanica's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just finished listening to David Clarke's reading of The Count of Montecito on YouTube. It is 117 chapters long.

I have to say, Mr Clarke is excellent in that read. They way he acts out the characters, his tempo, everything is very well done. He made it hard to stop listening. I want to listen to more of David's readings

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for SteveGough (Steve Gough) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Steve,

I am half way through your narration of Wild Wales and loving every minute. I have read the book a couple of times already but thought I would read again whilst listening to your narration at the same time and I am really enjoying the experience.

Your way of reading is at the correct pace and clear, you have mastered the Welsh names and read them with no hesitation at all almost indicating that you may have lived in Wales at some time.

I was born in Liverpool but of Welsh decent, namely Prestatyn and Dyserth in the North where my Great Grandparents had a horse and cart business carrying slate from the mines until the railways came along, then they had to move to Liverpool for work. I used to visit the area regularly, the best place for me is Llangollen.

Thank you very much, must get on with the second half now.

All of Steve's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise receive for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am a retired man in the US. Yesterday, I was listening to Boule de Suif read by Bob Neufeld.

It was brilliant reading and I enjoyed it very much

Thank you

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for d.e.wittkower (D.E. WittKower) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

Please pass on my regards to D.E. Wittkower for his fantastic readings on philosophy. In particular, ‘Studies on Pessimism’ by Arthur Schopenhauer

‘As someone interested in Philosophy in general and Schopenhauer in particular, it is an absolute delight to listen to the original writings of philosophers in your voice. Thank you so much for reading some of the most interesting works in philosophy. Your voice and tone does true justice to the content you read’

Regards,

Jawad

All of D.E.'s recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Helen,
I've just finished listening to William De Morgan's Somehow Good. I enjoyed it immensely. I'm listening to books while I'm jogging, so with your delicious (I should say, one-person-dramatic) reading of this longish novel I repeatedly set records of 10 and 12 kilometers:) Just couldn't stop. And I just loved your beautiful refined English accent - that helps me to keep up my English pronunciation on summer holidays. Thank you ever so much! I do hope you continue to record sweet vintage novels for us to enjoy.
Best wishes,
Alexandra

and...
So far she is the best reader I have listened to. She has a very nice voice and uses it well to help the narrative and dialogue along without resort to caricature.

I also thank all the other readers, heard or not yet heard for their efforts without which this source of enjoyment wouldn’t exist.

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Jc (Jc Guan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,
I’m really enjoying your reading of Les Trois Mousquetaires https://librivox.org/les-trois-mousquetaires-by-alexandre-dumas/
I find that I prefer your clarity and ‘understated emotion’ style of reading to some of my purchased audiobooks, where the reader goes overboard with voices and emotion (this might be great for entertaining children, but it’s not good for me). I’ll be looking up more of your french readings.

Cheers,

Larissa
French learner,
Australia

All of Jc's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!