'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
msfry

Post by msfry »

How comes it that Carolin quotes many of the thank you's and posts links to the praised book plus all the readings of a praised author? Is this a special job assigned by Librivox, or just a volunteer's self-driven efforts? In any case, I appreciate those links! They are increasing my awareness of many works and readers I would not otherwise investigate, and a great addition to Librivox.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

msfry wrote:How comes it that Carolin quotes many of the thank you's and posts links to the praised book plus all the readings of a praised author? Is this a special job assigned by Librivox, or just a volunteer's self-driven efforts? In any case, I appreciate those links! They are increasing my awareness of many works and readers I would not otherwise investigate, and a great addition to Librivox.
Carolin volunteered and has done (is doing) an outstanding job!!

David O
Stevefjong

Post by Stevefjong »

I have finished listing to "My First Book," and I want to thank and compliment the primary reader, Ruth Golding. I have heard many readers, professional and amateur, and Ruth is as good as any and better than most. Her voice, diction, pronunciation, intelligence, and energy are of the highest caliber.

She should certainly TURN pro and enjoy the rewards of her skill!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Why, thank you! It is really lovely to be appreciated, Steve :D.

I found My First Book fascinating, and only wish I could have recorded it all, but sadly a couple of the authors were still in copyright for me (hurrah for Patti who helped me out by recording those). Roll on 1 Jan 2015 when Arthur Quiller-Couch enters the public domain in the UK :).

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Stevefjong wrote:I have finished listing to "My First Book," and I want to thank and compliment the primary reader, Ruth Golding. I have heard many readers, professional and amateur, and Ruth is as good as any and better than most. Her voice, diction, pronunciation, intelligence, and energy are of the highest caliber.

She should certainly TURN pro and enjoy the rewards of her skill!
While Ruth has not turned pro (and thus away from us at Librivox), she has narrated four books for iambik, which is a professional audiobook company. Here is the link to her reader's page there:

http://www.iambik.com/narrators/ruth-golding/
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

msfry wrote:How comes it that Carolin quotes many of the thank you's and posts links to the praised book plus all the readings of a praised author? Is this a special job assigned by Librivox, or just a volunteer's self-driven efforts? In any case, I appreciate those links! They are increasing my awareness of many works and readers I would not otherwise investigate, and a great addition to Librivox.
it is part of the service :wink:
Carolin
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

I hugely enjoyed listening to Ruth's reading of E Nesbit's The Wonderful Garden - a much-appreciated companion while I was recovering from a virus. The reading is superb, from narration to character voices, clear and intelligent, bringing out all the little touches of humour and asides from the author.
I couldn't understand how I had missed this one when I was growing up, but now I see that the print version is very rare; I believe I enjoyed the recording more anyway. Thank you very much, Ruth!
It's the end of term, so I am back! Thank you for being patient with me, and please PM if I don't seem to have caught an update that I should have seen.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Bernard (Bernard) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Bonjour,
et bravo pour votre lecture des "Contes de la Bécasse" de Guy de Maupassant.
Vous avez parfaitement su refléter le ton détaché de Guy de Maupassant
qui laisse cependant percevoir émotion et sensibilité.
J'ai été captivé et ému par ces Contes de la Bécasse : un grand auteur
rendu par un excellent lecteur !
Encore bravo !
Marc
Hello,
and congratulations for your reading "Contes de la Bécasse" by Guy de Maupassant.
You knew perfectly to reflect the detached tone of Guy de Maupassant
that still allowes to perceive emotion and sensitivity.
I was captivated and moved by these Contes de la Bécasse: a great author
delivered by a great reader!
Congratulations!
Marc
Les Contes de la Bécasse
All of Bernard's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for John (John Nicholson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
hiya,

I am from England. I have loved this guys story telling. he is the best reader ive have come across yet on libravox. can you send me a list of all the ones he's done please? ive listened to this one and king solomons mines. im am now a libravox addict thanks to him. I've listened to several books now but all pale into insignificance compared to this guy. what a legend. thanks john!

BR

Toby
Allan Quartermain
All of John's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for billcoon (William Coon) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank the reader William Coon - I so appreciate his wonderful readings!

Kind Regards, Nick
All of William's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to say a quick Thank You for your readings of the Oz books. They are charming little books that appeal to many age groups, and you certainly do them justice. I will enjoy them for years to come.

Gratefully,
Lauren
From Fort Collins, Colorado
All of Phil's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for earthcalling (David Barnes) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Barnes:

I'm addicted to audiobooks and to russian great writers. Your voice and diction are most agreeable to me. Thank you very much for "What I believe" one of my favorite writers: Leo Tolstoy.

I'd appreciate you tell me about other russian readings on audio by the you,

God bless you!

Cristina
From Mexico city.
What I believe
All of David's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for mermaid (Mil Nicholson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm listening to "Our Mutual Friend" by Charles Dickens, and love your character voices. They bring the people to life and make one feel the experience of living in London in the 1800's. Thank you so much for freely offering your time and talent.

Sharon
Our Mutual Friend
All of Mil's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for all readers of The Golden Lion of Granpere via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Readers:
Thank you very much for your terrific work. I so thoroughly enjoyed this lovely Trollope novel, The Golden Lion of Granpere. I listened to quite a few chapters several times partly due to you great voices. I love to listen while I walk, sometimes with my dog. Often the dogs are just an excuse to listen and walk. Thanks very much.
Best regards,
Caryn
The Golden Lion of Granpere
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for martinc (Martin Clifton) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Martin for that excellent reading - I found it most most diverting and insightful in the listening and good ground for contemplation and reflection in the future. I look forward to seeking out further texts read by you on Librivox.

Much appreciated. Best wishes,

Simon
Crome Yellow
All of Martin's recordings
Carolin