'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praises received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
What a wonderful job you did reading Black Beauty. I really enjoyed the story, and your reading made it that much more enjoyable.

https://librivox.org/black-beauty-by-anna-sewell-version-2/

Because you did such a fantastic job reading, I will be listening to your version of the Wind in the Willows.

Thanks you for volunteering.

Dave
and...
Dear Cori Samuel,

I am writing to thank you for your exquisite reading of Charles' Kingley's "The Water Babies" for librivox.org. I read this book years ago, when I was very young, but lost it in a move.

Your reading is bringing me great comfort right now. For a few minutes at least, I can go back in time and forget all that is troubling me.

Your reading is sure and confident, and sounds very professional.

In particular I like the music that you begin and end it with. Not all of the site's readers do this! If I were to describe the music, I would say it suggests an image of "flowing water, with toy soldiers marching under it," which match the theme very well!

I am also quite sure that in a few places I can hear seagulls in the background, also most appropriate and which enriches the listening experience even further.

Please stay healthy!!

Yours truly,
Bea

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Justin Brett (Justin Brett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to take the time to thank Justin for his wonderful contributions to Librivox. He has a professional-level reading voice. I particularly enjoy listening to him at night before bedtime. Specifically his chapters in A Child's History of England and The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

Sincererly,
Adem

All of Justin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ciufi (Ciufi Galeazzi) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ciufi,
THANK YOU a millions times for your spectacular reading voice!!! I will expand my listening to include a number of books you have read fro Librivox.

John

All of Ciufi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for lethargilistic (Mike Overby) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello, I just finished listening to the Black Eagle Mystery written by Geraldine Bonner, a Whodunnit mystery novel. A big thank you to Mike Overby, the Reader, for your outstanding performance. The pace of your delivery (this is a fast thriller where thoughts literally stumble out of the mouth of amateur sleuths as they occur), as well as the clarity of your diction made it so pleasurable that I had to listen without pause. Merci!

Patricia – Harare – Zimbabwe (where we have scant electricity but still derive lots of pleasure out of Librivox)!

All of Mike's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for AndreaFiore (Andrea Fiore) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Andrea, I wanna thank you for such a wonderful service you do for by reading at Librivox , most specifically James Allen’s “Man king of mind and circumstance”. “Eight pillars of prosperity”, to mention but a few, you articulate words in the most clear and soothing manner indeed your are great.

I’m from Uganda and I love listening to you I wish you well and most probably encourage you to read more.

Thanks “ written by john, thanksgiving to Andre Afiore.

All of Andrea's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tony123 (Tony Oliva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Oliva,
I have been listening to your “Wildfire” reading of Zane Grey. I can’t tell you how much I have really enjoyed listening to you! I have listened to several audio books, but you are my favorite! I feel that you really feel every word that you read! And ...I can’t help but feel “each word” right along with you! What a pleasure! I am only half way thru this story as of this message! I also follow along with a paperback book. I live in Maryland, I am 69 years of age and a happily married lady for 40 years. So....I have been around for a few years....ha, ha! Wishing you all the best....and thank you!
Sincerely,
Madge

All of Tony's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Mark,

It has been a real pleasure to have your voice in my ears now for many days as I have been listening to your reading of Crime and Punishment as I go on my exercise walk each day. Really, how you manage to read such a long book with feeling and without a stumble anywhere is quite beyond me, but I really do appreciate the time and effort you’ve put in so that I can listen to this work so easily.

Best wishes,

Peter
Melbourne, Australia

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for miketheauctioneer (John W. Michaels) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'd like to thank you for your reading of Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher" (here: https://librivox.org/the-works-of-edgar-allan-poe-raven-edition-volume-2-by-edgar-allan-poe/). Your voice really suited the story, bringing out the somber and slightly unsettling atmosphere.

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for alg1001 (Amy Gramour) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Amy,

This is just a thank you for your brilliant reading of Algernon Blackwood's The Wendigo. I've already mentioned in my post at YouTube how I listened to this while I spent the morning working around my house. Somehow things snowballed when I started investigating Libravox and I ended up registering. I used to be a voracious reader, and had some short horror fiction published in the 80s; these days my reading has slowed and I tend to listen to readings on my phone late at night. I was familiar with Blackwood's The Willows, and was surprised to find that The Wendigo was in similar vein. I was going to see if you'd made a reading of that story as well, but the link made at YouTube to your other readings doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway, thanks again for your epic reading. It seemed effortless, but I suspect considerable effort went into making the recording. I'll be looking out for more of your readings.

All the best,

Rog (Libravox username: Calenture)

All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to sincerely thank the reader “Expatriate” for his treatment of Proust’s In Search of Lost Times. This extraordinary, incredible, profound book is also extremely difficult to read out loud because of its long, stream-of-consciousness discourse. It is also a very long book. Expatriate’s smooth reading made it possible to allow myself to just simply surrender to the flow of Proust’s complex thinking and feeling. Congratulations and thank you!

Luis

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened to ‘Jane Eyre’ read by Elizabeth Klett.

SHE WAS FABULOUS, I loved the accent with which she read the narrative. I felt like it was actually being read by Jane Eyre herself! I’m going to search for other classics she’s read. Elizabeth Keltt is wonderful!

Annette
and...
Hello. I really loved your reading of Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre." Now I am listening to your reading of "pride and Prejudice."

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
tony123

Post by tony123 »

icequeen wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm Praise received for tony123 (Tony Oliva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Oliva,
I have been listening to your “Wildfire” reading of Zane Grey. I can’t tell you how much I have really enjoyed listening to you! I have listened to several audio books, but you are my favorite! I feel that you really feel every word that you read! And ...I can’t help but feel “each word” right along with you! What a pleasure! I am only half way thru this story as of this message! I also follow along with a paperback book. I live in Maryland, I am 69 years of age and a happily married lady for 40 years. So....I have been around for a few years....ha, ha! Wishing you all the best....and thank you!
Sincerely,
Madge

Thank you Madge!
You really know how to make a person feel wonderful!
Tony
Sailorman

Post by Sailorman »

G'day Linda.

Thanks for the thanks.

I am originally from Boston MA and still have a bit of a MA accent even after some years in the US South and fifty years in Canada, now Nova Scotia.

If you like sailing books, I recommend Sailing Alone Around The World by Nova Scotia's own Joshua Slocum. Then from your part of the Oceans, The Set the Sails by Alan Vlliers. Lastly, the Mirror of The Sea one of the lesser known works of Joseph Conrad.

May the wind be at your reading or listening back.

Peter
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

tony123 wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 11:09 am
icequeen wrote: April 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm Praise received for tony123 (Tony Oliva) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Oliva,
Sincerely,
Madge

Thank you Madge!
You really know how to make a person feel wonderful!
Tony
I have passed this one on for you, Tony!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sailorman wrote: April 5th, 2020, 12:48 pm G'day Linda.

Thanks for the thanks.

I am originally from Boston MA and still have a bit of a MA accent even after some years in the US South and fifty years in Canada, now Nova Scotia.

If you like sailing books, I recommend Sailing Alone Around The World by Nova Scotia's own Joshua Slocum. Then from your part of the Oceans, The Set the Sails by Alan Vlliers. Lastly, the Mirror of The Sea one of the lesser known works of Joseph Conrad.

May the wind be at your reading or listening back.

Peter
I have passed this on for you, Peter!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!