'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 6th, 2019, 8:50 pm

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a quick note to David Wales for his reading of Finn The Wolfhound. I am enjoying it very much. I haven’t finished it yet, but I enjoy it several times a week while I take my dog for long walks. I listen to six or seven chapters at a time. I have just finished the chapter where he and his dingo wife lose their puppies. Heart wrenching! Thank you, beautiful job! Joanne

All of David's recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 6th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ms. Allen,
Thank you for volunteering your time and talent to Librivox. I have been reading Donal Grant by George MacDonald and was thrilled to find your audiobook version online. You have such a clear, pleasant reading voice that I immediately checked for other books you have read. And wow, what a selection! You have chosen some very good books, and I look forward to listening to them.

Thanks again!

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 6th, 2019, 8:58 pm

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the wonderful rendition you gave Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini. You made the story come alive and allowed it to flow easily.

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » July 6th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mil Nicholson is one of my favorite readers, and when I am hunting for a classic to listen to in the evenings while I knit, any book that is read by her immediately jumps to the top of my list. I listened to Oliver Twist for the first time this year, and when looking for a second book by Dickens to read, saw that she had also read Barnaby Rudge … so immediately started in on that one.

I thank her very much for sharing her talents.

Sincerely,

Carolyn

Minnesota, USA

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 » July 8th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Dear Ms Kasper:
Thank you so much for making the Trial of Susan B. Anthony accessible. With the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment coming next year, this is an invaluable resource.
Sincerely,
Steve
Holden MA
Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to let me know that this work has found a listener!
If you are interested in further background reading on the subject of this trial, may I suggest The Woman Who Dared to Vote, by N.E.H. Hull (2012). It was that book which first invited me to search out and read the trial transcript itself, and eventually led to this LibriVox recording.