'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I love your reading of Dickens; just finished “The Old Curiosity Shop”. You are the best reader I have come across on Librivox and better than most “commercial” readers.

Thanks,

Phil

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) and Lynnet (Lynne T) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you to you and all your readrs. Special Thanks to David Barnes and Lynne T.
P.

All of David's recordings!
All of Lynne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Didier (Didier) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi !
I would like to thank « Didier » for « Les misérables », Tome 1, french version, this is a really great reading of book.

Merci Didier ?

Edwin

All of Didier's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
vincentfernandes

Post by vincentfernandes »

Hello everyone,

I have been listening to Wuthering Heights (dramatised version) and just wanted to say thank you for the absolutely amazing work those narrators have delivered.

Bruce Pirie: You really sound charismatic.
Amanda Friday: Your British accent is gorgeous.
Tiffany Colonna: Your juicy Northern accent and morose voice really are fantastic.

I had no idea audiobooks like these existed and am really delighted I discovered this community.

Best wishes,

Vincent
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Cate Barratt,

I wanted to thank you for your excellent reading of The Confessions of Arsene Lupin. I am a relatively young graduate who has been listening to audiobooks of Arsene Lupin books as a means of "re-reading" them and it has been an absolute pleasure to listen to your readings of The Confessions of Arsene Lupin. You have a flawless way of reading through the French names which I could not hope to pronounce, and you have a very sincere emotion whenever you capture the dialogue and feelings of the characters in every moment. I cannot help but ascribe the nuances of your voice to Lupin's whenever he speaks. It is a very charming manner of speech which brightens my day when I water the plants or work out my artwork.

I wish the best of lives for you and hope to hear your voice in other places, and will certainly have the pleasure of listening to the other books you have done recordings for. Thank you once again.

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox,

I would like to thank Nicholas Clifford for his brilliant reading of The Duke's Children. I don't know anything about him, except that his reading is flawless and his pronunciation of foreign words and names is likewise perfect. Bravo. I'll look for other of his readings.

Joyce

All of Nicholas' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for uruffianu (Greg W.) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

The expression..don't judge a book by its cover.....could be turned around and
instead....judge a book by its reader.....
this has permitted me to be introduced to unknown authors and books such as
Better Angel, The Damnation of Therton Ware and Michael Kohlhass....
unsettling topics yet enlightening views which i would venture to say still exist.

thankyou, and i see there are still more books read by you to enjoy.

karin
netherlands

All of Greg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for boojumuk (Kevin Green) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Book: https://librivox.org/stories-of-old-greece-and-rome-by-emilie-kip-baker/

Reader: Kevin Green

Hi,

I just wanted to thank Kevin Green for the excellently read “Stories of Old Greece and Rome” - my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it; his time, effort and talents in its recording were very much appreciated.

Great work!

Kind regards,

All of Kevin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for CarlManchester (Carl Manchester) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of God and the State:

Hi Librivox/Carl Manchester

Simple thanks for that reading, 2007. I'd always wanted to get it read and always balked at it; but listened in one go while playing a computergame and am now confident I can read the rest of the Bakunin I have.

Thank you.

Justin
PLYMPTON
South Australia

All of Carl's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Greetings David,
Thanks for your superb reading of Gordon's "Quiet Talks on Prayer".
https://librivox.org/quiet-talks-on-prayer-by-s-d-gordon/

Please let me know if you ever do any more Christian books.

You are my favorite reader on Librivox.

'May the Lord bless you
and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor
and give you his peace.'
--Numbers 6:24-26
Jeff

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for ChipDoc (Chip) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This thank you is for Chip, reader of 20000 Leagues Under the Sea.
https://librivox.org/twenty-thousand-leagues-under-the-sea-by-jules-verne/

Chip,

Just wanted to say many thanks for your reading of Jules Vernes’ book. My grandmother read books for the blind many years ago, so I grew up with good readers. And I have been thoroughly enjoying your style. Thanks again. I will miss your voice when your chapters are over.

All of Chip's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
redaer

Post by redaer »

A Color Notation
Availle
https://librivox.org/a-color-notation-by-albert-henry-munsell/1

Thank you very much for the good reading of "A Color Notation", Availle.
Interesting book; I did not know much about this topic. Therefore I am grateful for this educational audio.

Kind regards

PM sent to Availle
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Librivox Team -

Elizabeth Klett is a wonder, a gift! My favorite book is Jane Eyre, and she surely does it justice. I have gone on to specifically seek out books she has voiced, and not only do I enjoy her work, I enjoy her taste! I've listened to at least twenty of her pieces, and am currently downloading more. Ms. Klett - please keep reading!!!

Thanks,

Sharon

and...

Dear Elizabeth Klett:

I would like to thank you for recording Tennyson’s “In Memoriam A.H.H” (https://librivox.org/in-memoriam-ahh-by-alfred-lord-tennyson/). I had long been searching for an audio recording of this poem—I love the rhyme scheme, and the philosophical/spiritual thought in it—and I hadn’t been able to find one until I learned about LibriVox. You did a terrific job with the recording. I listen to it repeatedly. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Celia

All of Elizabeth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Algy Pug (Algy Pug) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank him for his superior work.
All of Algy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your reading of "The Maine Woods" by Henry David Thoreau. I listened to it while I was planting onions and doing some other gardening work, over the past week, and it was just great. I have read the book before (more than once) so I could follow it while working pretty well. I thought the cadence of your reading was exactly right and maybe this is my own bias because I am in New Hampshire, but I had a lot of moments where I thought, "yes, that is how I would pronounce that word, too." And I think it is appropriate for a reading of Thoreau to have a touch of a New England accent, maybe. Especially when it comes to local place names, where I thought your "Concord" was perfect, not quite as condensed as here in southern NH (I hear it said COHN-kid) but not as much like the word for agreement, as I think I've heard it on a less-local recording of a book by Thoreau -- con-CHORD. Then again, I suppose I don't know how people say it in Concord MA, maybe they really do say it that way. At any rate, I thought the whole reading was wonderful, very clear and easy to understand even while working. Even the lists of botanical names were good. So, thanks for that!
all the best,
Analesa
Epping NH
All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!