'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 2nd, 2017, 8:48 pm

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Eindringlich und leicht zugleich gelesen…. ja zauberhaft. Liebe Grüße

All of Hopkuspokus' recordings!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 2nd, 2017, 8:52 pm

Praise received for ally99 (Allyson Hester) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Allyson for your reading of "A short history of the US" by Edward Channing. I needed a history of the US for an exam I am preparing and I found your recording. Your voice struck me first for its clarity. But then I grew fond of its timbre and accent. I suppose you've got a Georgia accent. I'm listening to English accents from all over the world and I find yours one of the most beautiful. Listening to your reading is such a pleasure that I am really hooked, which besides benefits my learning.
Thank you so much.
Rodrigo, Spain.

All of Allyson's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 2nd, 2017, 8:55 pm

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr Greenman -
Hi there - my name is Neil Myers and I am an Arizona based painter ( oil painter, to be specific) And I wanted to send you my most sincere thanks for the many wonderful Mark Twain books you have read for Librevox. I have completed probably 7 of them, listening to them on librevox while I am painting. Your very distinctive voice is so wonderfully done that it is hard not to imagine that the listener isn't listening to Twain himself! Your voice and the wonderful readings have been a companion to me during many endless hours of painting...and I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the extensive group of recordings you have made. You have really brightened my day many times, and I couldn't let it pass without a hearty thank you for all you've done. Please continue recording if possible, and I wish you a wonderfully happy 2017!
Very sincerely,
Neil

All of John's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 2nd, 2017, 8:59 pm

Praise received for the readers of the group projects and solo project of Oliver Twist from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I am a third year student at the English language department at the faculty of education. I would like to dearly thank the readers of Oliver Twist for their effort and for saving my time. The book was time demanding for me especially that I had a lot more to do (ps. English is not my first language) so the audiobook saved me a lot of time and, strangely enough, brought me back my passion for reading (I am not your typical avid reader but I DO love reading and have a ton of books waiting on my to-read list). Again, thank you so much you lovely readers, many of you were extremely good and I would definitely love to listen to other books recorded by your you. :)
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 2nd, 2017, 9:01 pm

Praise received for ExEmGe (Andy Minter) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Minter,
I've almost completed your reading of Arnold Bennett's OLD WIVES TALE. You are an excellent reader and I so appreciate your "doing the voices" in such an understated but clearly delineated way. I intend to look for your other readings when I've finished Mr. Bennett book.
Thanks so much,
Kristin

All of Andy's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 2nd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Praise received for the readers of the group project for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Over the summer, I had surgery and was having a lot of difficulty falling asleep due to pain and anxiety. Luckily, a friend told me about this site and I decided to listen to a book, especially since I could not hold up a book to read due to the pain I was experiencing. I decided to listen to Alice´s Adventures in Wonderland and I am so glad I did. Listening to this recording of the story completely changed my healing process. It got me through some very rough nights and allowed me to relax enough to get some sleep. (Many times I had to listen to a chapter several times because I would fall asleep while listening!) I cannot thank you all enough for helping me recover and keeping me company during those long nights.

Mir
Ann

BradBush

Post by BradBush » January 3rd, 2017, 5:41 am

Great to see these books still helping people! It seems a lifetime ago we all started this endeavor. This was an early early book as you can imagine. Hope all are well.
icequeen wrote:Praise received for the readers of the group project for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Over the summer, I had surgery and was having a lot of difficulty falling asleep due to pain and anxiety. Luckily, a friend told me about this site and I decided to listen to a book, especially since I could not hold up a book to read due to the pain I was experiencing. I decided to listen to Alice´s Adventures in Wonderland and I am so glad I did. Listening to this recording of the story completely changed my healing process. It got me through some very rough nights and allowed me to relax enough to get some sleep. (Many times I had to listen to a chapter several times because I would fall asleep while listening!) I cannot thank you all enough for helping me recover and keeping me company during those long nights.

Mir

Roger Barnett

Post by Roger Barnett » January 3rd, 2017, 9:50 am

Thanks. It's very nice to know that my effort was helpful.

RWB
icequeen wrote:Praise received for the readers of the group project for Alice's Adventures in Wonderland from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Mir

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

We have thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Savage's reading of Pride and Prejudice. Her voice acting is subtle and effective. It adds considerably to the delight of Ms. Austen's words. We will seek out more works by Ms. Savage. Thank you so much!

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Praise received for GlassMask (Ted Delorme) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Mr Delorme for your excellent rendition of Mysterious Stranger. You ARE the Mysterious Stranger. I mean Satan. At age 82, I was shuddering and spell-bound.

Howard, Chemical Engineer
Midland, Michigan

All of Ted's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Praise received for ChrisMS (Christopher Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Divine Healing
Holiest of All
Etc. by Andrew Murray

Christopher,

You reading of Murray’s books is like we are listening to Murray himself. Thank you for your tireless work, your excellent performance and your obvious love for Murray’s teachings.

God richly bless you, brother, as you have blessed me and I’m sure many others.

Bob

All of Christopher's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. Greenman,

I want to compliment you on your exquisite reading of Uncle Tom's Cabin. Your ability to give each character a unique voice is amazing! I have listened to your complete reading of Uncle Tom's Cabin 4 times (!) because I so enjoy listening to the characters' voices. I can't imagine how you change voices so quickly In a conversation with multiple people. Thank you for a virtuoso performance!

All of John's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Praise received for anushar04 (Anusha Iyer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Anusha,

I have just had the great pleasure to listen to your recording of Tagore's Crescent Moon. What a treat! Thank you so much for reading! I imagine it is a lot of work, but the result is amazing :-)

All the best!

All of Anusha's recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Praise received for d.e.wittkower (D.E. Wittkower) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello, I wanted to thank you at librivox for your great site
but in particular MR D.E. Wittkower
for his absolutely superb reading of The Enchiridion!

I listen to it every night and have gained much value from it, you've made this stoic text very accessible and digestible for someone just starting instruction.

Your voice suits the text very well, and you deliver it with a great presence. I can easily call to mind guidelines from the book, after having heard them.

I can say without exaggeration that your reading has had a great positive impact on my life. I am able to much better control the state of my mind regardless of the appearances of things.

So again I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you taking the time and effort to create the audio.

Thank you

All of D.E.'s recordings!
Ann

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Praise received for Hokuspokus (Hokuspokus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hallo Hokuspokus,

ich wollte mich bei dir bedanken und dir sagen, dass ich mir sehr gerne Hörbücher anhöre, die du aufgenommen hast. Ich habe mittlerweile schon einige Bücher anghört und deshalb auch einen Vergleich. Umso mehr Erfahrung ich mit Hörbüchern gemacht habe, umso deutlicher wurde mir, wie gut du vorlesen kannst!
Mittlweile geht es mir sogar so, dass ich mir Bücher nicht nach dem Genre sondern danach ausgesucht habe, ob du sie vorgelesen hast.

Also vielen Dank dafür, dass du andere an deinem Talent in dieser Form teilhaben lässt.

Grüße

Alex

All of Hokuspokus' recordings!
Ann