'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kattekliek (Edith van der Have-Raats) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hallo Edith,

Hartelijk dank voor het lezen van Aljaska (Alaska) en de Canada-spoorweg https://librivox.org/aljaska-en-de-canada-spoorweg-by-anoniem.
Het was een mooie reis, ik heb ervan genoten.
Nogmaals dank.

Maria

All of Edith's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

How good to hear you read again, Ruth. I hope this finds you and yours well. May your year be full of comfort. Merry Christmas.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To whom it may concern,

I wish to thank reader Helen Taylor for many hours of pleasure in hearing her many voices in the reading of The Phoenix and the Carpet, and The story of the Amulet. I am a 70 year old man (from Dallas, Texas) who, while looking for another book to listen to from Librivox, happened to listen to a sample of Helen's voice from The Phoenix and the Carpet, and could not stop listening, even though the book is a children's story. Her ability in reading the book, so fluidly, and in so many voices and dialects is no less a magic than the Magic Carpet of the story.

Regards,
RMB

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Esther (Esther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

This is just a thank you to Esther for a wonderful reading of An Antarctic Mystery (Jules Verne). I really love the low speaking voices for Len Guy, Hurliguerly, West, and others. What a fun reading of a greatly entertaining book - thanks so much!

https://librivox.org/an-antarctic-mystery-or-the-sphinx-of-the-ice-fields/

Colin.

All of Esther's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg), Dormouse3 (Mike Harris), sjmarky (Mark Nelson) and maxfarce (Don W. Jenkins) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I've been wanting to thank your readers for awhile now! Especially the wonderful Kara Shallenberg for adventures of sally, Mike Harris and Mark Nelson for Wodehouse and the canterville ghost. Don W. Jenkins is magnificent too! please keep doing what you're doing and i hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a very happy new year!
All of Kara's recordings!
All of Mike's recordings!
All of Mark's recordings!
All of Don's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Tadhg,

I have just finished listening to your reading of David Copperfield. A really wonderful reading, full of life and humour. Thank you so much, it has been a great pleasure and I am specifically seeking out your other readings.

Warmest wishes,
John

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers from the dramatic reading of Much Ado About Nothing from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Volunteers for Much Ado About Nothing,
Thank you for providing this wonderful resource to my students! My English 2 class appreciates your energy and emotion while reading, and several students have noted how much better they are able to understand Shakespeare due to your tone and inflection.
I appreciate this great tool to help my students appreciate and understand one of my favorite plays!
Best,

Tina

Version 1
Version 2
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
kattekliek

Post by kattekliek »

icequeen wrote:Praise received for kattekliek (Edith van der Have-Raats) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hallo Edith,

Hartelijk dank voor het lezen van Aljaska (Alaska) en de Canada-spoorweg https://librivox.org/aljaska-en-de-canada-spoorweg-by-anoniem.
Het was een mooie reis, ik heb ervan genoten.
Nogmaals dank.

Maria

All of Edith's recordings!
Graag gedaan, Maria (and thanks IceQueen for forwarding) :)
Do you live in Europe, Canada, Australia, ... any country where death date of author determines if a book is in the Public Domain? Come to legamus.eu to record books published in 1923 or later, written by authors dead since >70 years!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for russiandoll (Philippa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you Philippa for such a wonderful reading of The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling:

https://librivox.org/the-man-who-would-be-king-by-rudyard-kipling/

The different accents of the various characters were great too!

Best wishes,

Dylan

All of Philippa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the group project Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to Al-madinah and Meccah from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you to all the readers who contributed to the Librivox recording of the Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to Al-madinah and Mecca by Richard Francis Burton:

https://librivox.org/personal-narrative-of-a-pilgrimage-by-richard-francis-burton/

The readers are:

hefyd
Ted Garvin
Rebekka Steg
Jersey City Frankie
scarlettraces
Phil Griffiths
Alia Makki
Pentti Hirvonen
Crln Yldz Ksr
Kalynda
Sienna
Anna Simon
Thelma Meyer
Nicholas James Bridgewater

Congratulations on contributing to such a huge project. I am deeply grateful.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for skilmer (Sharon Kilmer) and rkilmer (Richard Kilmer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I wanted to thank you for taking time to read Horatio Alger's Book Helping Himself, or Grant Thornton's Ambition. I listened to it on YouTube at: Helping Himself, or Grant Thornton's Ambition Full Audiobook by Horatio ALGER, JR (Youtube link)

I thought it was fantastic that both of you took turns reading chapters. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and look forward to more of Horatio's stories on the future!

Now a little side note:

When I heard that you were from Rio Medina it made me smile. I used to live in Devine. I still have step-family that live there and some step-family that live in Mico. I may have to become a reader myself as I have several Horatio Alger books myself as I am related to Horatio. My father was born in CT and raised in MA. My name is Willis Alger and found it interesting during the reading to hear my name Willis mentioned in the story.

I hope to hear more of your readings. Thank you again. Open to correspondence if interested.

Respectfully,

Willis
Austin, TX

All of Sharon's recordings!
All of Richard's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Many thanks, Adrian Praetzellis, for a terrific reading of Mr. Midshipman Easy. I particularly enjoyed the various accents employed so well for each of the characters.
Thanks again....I will look for your titles.
Tom
Brunswick, GA, USA
and regarding his recording of The Thirty-Nine Steps...
Loved his performance. Thank you!!!-

A listener

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I just finished listening to Oliver Twist. I cannot praise tadhg hynes enough in his reading of this classic....especially his Fagan voice...it was marvelous.....please never stop reading for us....you are the master....I am now listening to David Copperfield and hate to stop listening but must do other chores during the day....I have also to give the highest praise for your reading of Jude the Obscure....it made me cry many times.....once again you are the top of the list in my opinion....thank you so much.....

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for catem (Cate Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Ms. Mackenzie,

thank you so much for reading. I have come across your voice in several group projects so far and have loved listening to you each time. Naturally, you have picked great classics to read for so that might also have helped, but your way of reading itself was especially charming.

Thank you!

Caro

All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GrayHouse (Ian King) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr. King,

thank you so very much for all your poetry recordings. I could listen to you all day.

Thank you very much, Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

All of Ian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!