'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ahab (Stewart Wills) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Stewart Wills for his excellent reading of Moby Dick. It was always clear who the characters were and the voice was nicely varied and appropriate. It took me a long time to listen to this, but I am very glad I did.

Best,

Robert
All of Stewart's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for johng (John Greenman) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Uncle Tom's Cabin was the very first librivox book I listened to, and the reading by John Greenman was fantastic, bringing to life all the characters in this amazing book. The next one I listened to was Moby Dick, also handled masterfully by Stewart Wills. I downloaded another book today, however, and the reader halts in the middle of phrases and mispronounces words, and now I appreciate John Greenman;s skill even more. I will pick up one of John Greenman's Twain books soon.

Best,

Robert
All of John's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for thadine (Joy Chan) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Greatly enjoying your rendition of Tristan and Iseult! Thank you for
the care you have taken with this project. --Howard (New Mexico, USA)
All of Joy's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Jc (Jc Guan) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I have just finished le comte de Monte Cristo. Thank you so much for having recorded this book. Quite suprised at the beginning that it was red by someone from Quebec, but pleasant and very well done.
What a story, and what an investment in time for you!
Thank you again,
Vincent (Toulouse)
All of Jc's recordings
Carolin
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the Dramatic Reading of "Pollyanna"! I've never read this book before, and was looking to read it to see if it might be suitable for my daughters (which it is, I've now bought a copy) but I enjoyed it myself so much more than I expected to. I thought it would be a "children's book" but actually it is a wonderful, inspiring story and a self-help book rolled into one!

Particular thanks to the Narrator, Pollyanna, Dr Chilton and Mr Pendleton - they really brought the characters to life! I hope someone does the sequel as a Dram Read as well!

(I haven't messaged all the individuals involved, but I hope this message can be forwarded to them.)

EDIT: PMs sent to cast of this dramatic reading.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Jon Ingram (Jon Ingram) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks to the reader of CommunistManifesto, John Ingram
All of Jon's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for 2peltons (Mike Pelton) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
Thank you for your reading of Algernon Blackwood's "The Man Who Found
Out". One of my favorites...I enjoyed it very much!

Bob
All of Mike´s recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am so very grateful to Adrian Praetzellis for his reading of “Tess of the d’Urbervilles”. I couldn’t stop listing.
It was like being there inside the book—the characters were all so real to me.
Thank you so much for your generous donation to us all who are fortunate to hear you, Adrian.
Sandra
I truly loved your reading of Siddartha.

Thank you for really capturing for me the essence of the book.

Regards
Robbie
Australia
All of Adrian's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Great Plains (Great Plains) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
A big Thank You to Great Plains,

I enjoyed your reading of "The Castle of Otranto"
All of Great Plains' recordings
Carolin
Vespero

Post by Vespero »

I have two thank yous that I really want to get out there:

Firstly, thank you, BumbleVee, for your work on The Well at the World's End. I fell in love with your voice and followed it through strange and fantastic lands.

Secondly, thank you, Kara Shallenberg, for your first chapter of Dracula. It's a very important book to me.

I have a lot of anxiety problems and during a tough semester at college, I would listen to the first part of Dracula when I couldn't do anything else.

Both of these readers have done a lot for me and I want them to know that.
"Reading by Zachary Whitworth"
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for icequeen (Ann Boulais) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you! I love listening to you read and am so appreciative of your reading so many good, old Christian books.

--Andrew
All of Ann's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for chymocles (Thomas A. Copeland) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Copeland,

Thank you for your great readings of the “Edgar Rice Burroughs” books in the Mars series. You have great delivery and tone. And hope to hear more from you in the future.

With Respect,

Thomas
All of Thomas' recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for mrwemmick (Peter John Keeble) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
This Thank You is for the Chrles Dickens' Great Expectations reader who is from Britain somewhere around London, I guess. Sadly I don't have his name.

Thank you ever so much for your brilliant work!!! You read wonderfully and I enjoy listening to your voice very very much! Your accent is like heaven for me and I thank you from all of my heart for the many hours you invested. I highly appreciate your effort!!! So wonderfully done!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

With the best wishes for you,

Damaris
Hello Peter.

I just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your reading of Great Expectations.
Thank you so much for giving your time and talent; it's such a lovely gift to those of us that get to listen to you.

Aimy
Parksville, B.C.
Canada
All of Peter's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mark F. Smith:

I want to thank you for the very excellent reading of Jules Verne's "Mysterious Island" https://librivox.org/the-mysterious-island-by-jules-verne/, which I just finished listening to.

You did it so well as to transport me upon it's shores and amongst the midst of the colonists. I particularly like your ability to differentiate the various characters with modulations of your voice and tone. Not so much as to mock or sound acted. Just enough to differentiate one from the other in a subtle way. Most enjoyable.

I looked up your name and found that you have read dozens of books that I would be interested in hearing so needless to say, I am very much looking forward to hearing more from you.

I have found that Librivox books are at there best when one reader reads the whole book and tend to shy away from ones that are a group effort. Even books that I normally would not be interested in when read by a good reader are usually surprisingly good.

I have a suggestion for a book if you don't mind. Snarleyyow, or the Dog Fiend By Captain Frederick Marryat. A interesting tale that you could do real justice to.

Once again, thanks for volunteering to do all that you have done. A most excellent thing to do in retirement. Please keep it up.

John
Edina, MN.
Hi Mark,

I have very much enjoyed listening to your reading of "The River War - An Account of the Reconquest of the Sudan" by Winston Churchill. I admire both his prose and your oral rendition, and have listened all the way through more than once.

Please keep on reading!

Regards,
Mark
All of Mark's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I appreciate the efforts of all the librivox readers, though of course some have a style less engaging than others. Having said that the vast majority do a lot better job than I could do. I do think however that one reader in particular to me stands out to me and that person is Kara Shallenberg. There is a humour in her voice and a true sense that she really enjoys reading. My personal favourites would have to be The Adventures of Sally, and the Just William recordings where that sense of humour comes to the fore. More of the same please. Thank You
All of Kara's recordings
Carolin