'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for laineyben (laineyben) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
laineyben is the best reader I have heard. I have been listening to the Alan Quartarmain series.
Thanks for donating your time.
All of laineyben's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for beeber (Bruce Pirie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a brief note to say thanks.
I have been listening to your reading of The Man from Glengarry. It is such a good story. Or as I told my wife this morning, maybe it is that you read it so well.
I have listened to many books over the last few years on Librivox. Your voice is very engaging. I look forward to listening to other books that you have read.
Blessings,

Gilbert
The Man from Glengarry
All of Bruce's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for inflected (inflected) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
This is a note to the reader who calls herself "Inflected." We worked
on "The Growth of a Soul" collaboratively. Inflected had only one small
chapter to read, but she read it beautifully and I wanted her to know it!
Jan
jmoorehouse on Librivox
Growth of a Soul
All of inflected's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for DebraLynn (Debra Lynn) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ms. Lynn,

I have finished your rendering of Lawrence's The Rainbow. I read it myself several years ago and was pleased to return to it. This was one of my first major Librivox listens. Excellent. Very supple reading. A totally worthy rendering of a sometimes difficult text. It is likely I will revisit your recording in future. Thank you for making it.

Michael
The Rainbow
All of Debra's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Karen,
My 5 year old son and I are thrilled to have discovered your recordings. He loves the Doctor Dolittle books and would like to know if you are going to read more of them?! I'm also delighted to have found your adult fiction recordings. Sense and Sensibility was a delight and I'm now addicted to The Scarlet Pimpernel. Your readings have filled our house with joy this week and will do so for many years to come!
Thank you,
Lucy
New Zealand
Thanks to Karen Savage for the hours listening her voice and enjoying the stories. I improve my english through mental pictures which are allowed only if the reader remains behind the text, without "exagerated interpretation.
Thank you Karen
All of Karen's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for all the hours of listening pleasure. Your readings of Henry James are perfect.You have a wonderful voice and brilliant phrasing. Heartfelt, thanks, Janet
All of Nicholas' recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your reading of First Love by Ivan Turgenev. We thoroughly enjoyed your reading of this wonderful book.
Maurice
First Love
All of Martin's recordings
Carolin
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi Maurice

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments. :)

The reason I chose Turgenev for my first solo recordings was that his books were the first I borrowed as a lad when I joined the adult section of my local public library, many years ago. If you can endure the reduced sound quality, please do listen to the same author's Diary of a Superfluous Man. I felt an inexplicable empathy with that story, which I hope comes across in my rendition of it.

Very best wishes to you
Martin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ahab (Stewart Wills) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Attention Stewart Wills,

Your reading of Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad was one of the greatest readings I have come across. To do such a good job over so long a book is truly impressive.

Thank You

Jordan
Dear Mr. Wills,

I listened to your LibriVox recording of Moby Dick in the last months of 2013. Ever since then, I've been wanting to thank you for undertaking that tremendous task, and giving the world such a wonderful reading of Moby Dick.

I can't imagine how long it took to finish recording that book, but I respect the fact that you carried the job through to completion.

Additionally, your voice and tone were perfect for conveying the words and manner of Ishmael. It was truly a brilliant recording. Thanks to you, I have now "read" Moby Dick. And I never grew bored during the listening. I have recommended the recording to others.

Thank you, sir.

--Timothy
All of Stewart's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for bgdavid (David Clarke) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Clark,

I am writing to thank you for your LibriVox recording of The Count of Monte Cristo.

Not only am I astonished that you carried out the entire recording of such a massive book, but you also managed to maintain consistent voices for the large cast of characters. I appreciated that I could always tell when you came back to Edmond's voice, and you seemed to capture his attitude so well.

Were it not for your excellent recording, I don't know if I would ever have "read" the book. Thank you for your great work on it. I know how much time it takes to do these things. You have done a great service to the audiobook community.

--Timothy
All of David's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Jeannie (Jeannie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have just concluding reading/listening to The Magnificent Ambersons by Booth Tarkington. I must commend Jeannie's narration of this work which was also "magnificent"! Her pacing and intonation greatly added to my enjoyment of this book. In fact, I enjoyed Tarkington's writings and Jeannie's narration so much that I am about to read/listen to some other texts by this author. In closing, all I have to say to Jeannie is "Bravo and very well done!".
The Magnificent Ambersons
All of Jeannie's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Caroline Sophie (Caroline Sophie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Chere Caroline,

Merci pour votre travaille! Maintenant j'apprend français et il faut praticquer. Désolé je connais un peu.

I particulary chose your work as it was a childs story with text i could follow along at the same time. I have only just started learning and it was a pleasure to listen to an old favourite story in a new language. I have been able to tune my ear to french, I can now discern words when listening to the language. Before listening to your story it was just a blur of noise.

Please continue your good works, I for one appreciate it.

Thanks
Kate
Heidi
All of Caroline's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Cori (Cori Samuel) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ms. Samuels,

I wanted to say "Thanks!" for some very well recorded, well articulated, fluid and expressive recordings. I stumbled upon "Nine Unlikely Tales" and have been listening to them with my daughter Ella. From the few times I have fumbled about with recording files and equipment it has been a trial to get a good sound without interference and then with the human factor, many false starts were required to get even a short clip done satisfactorily. Even if you are 20 times more efficient, for every minute of a recoding I am sure several minutes of work that goes into preparation, recording and editing. Thanks for that time and for the high quality of the finished product.

I see a number of intriguing solo works in your portfolio and will be exploring those at length. I personally find it distracting when readers change chapter to chapter during collaborations, so I mostly listen to solo recodings. And yours are great!

Thanks Again,
Scott

Alexandria VA, USA
All of Cori's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for tmendoza44 (Terra Mendoza) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just finished The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer read by Terra Mendoza. Marvelously read!!! A delight to listen to. Very professionally done!
The Black Moth
All of Terra's recordings
Carolin
ahab

Post by ahab »

Jordan, Timothy -- thank you so much for these kind words. It is wonderful to hear back from you and know that you have enjoyed the recordings. Really, it is fantastic that LibriVox offers the chance to work on projects like this, and deeply gratifying to receive feedback like yours. Sincere thanks!

Best,
Stewart
Carolin wrote:Praise for ahab (Stewart Wills) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Attention Stewart Wills,

Your reading of Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad was one of the greatest readings I have come across. To do such a good job over so long a book is truly impressive.

Thank You

Jordan
Dear Mr. Wills,

I listened to your LibriVox recording of Moby Dick in the last months of 2013. Ever since then, I've been wanting to thank you for undertaking that tremendous task, and giving the world such a wonderful reading of Moby Dick.

I can't imagine how long it took to finish recording that book, but I respect the fact that you carried the job through to completion.

Additionally, your voice and tone were perfect for conveying the words and manner of Ishmael. It was truly a brilliant recording. Thanks to you, I have now "read" Moby Dick. And I never grew bored during the listening. I have recommended the recording to others.

Thank you, sir.

--Timothy
All of Stewart's recordings