WANTED: Readers for small bits for the Anniversary podcast

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie » July 10th, 2006, 11:48 pm

Extended Deadline for Submitting "Happy Birthday" is July 22nd, noon EST

Extended Deadline for interviews (old-timers or otherwise :P ) is now July 24th, 11:59 pm PST (in other words, some time that day, LOL)

This goes for names as well, if you are planning to submit a file of your name to be placed at the end of the podcast.

remember: because we are collecting names to credit everyone at the end, you do not need to introduce yourself in your interview. But if you missed that specification and already did so, don't worry, I can work around it :)

I still need a few more interviews for the "everyone else section", So please help us out. It doesn't have to be that big of a thing, a minute or less is fine.

Last update 7/21/06

------------------------------------------------------------

PART ONE - "the early volunteers" if you haven't gotten your interview to me yet, please send me a PM with it as soon as possible.

PART TWO - Open to everyone

I have shortened this up alot, but tried to leave in the vital info.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask myself or Starlite.

What we would like is for you to answer/respond, as concisely as possible, to one or more of these questions:
(you can choose to answer whichever part of the question(s) you prefer)

What do you like best about Librivox?
Why do you volunteer for librivox?

(alternately this could be considered as, "what brought you to librivox"...not literally how you found it, but what drew you to get involved.)

(remember, you don't need to do a big preamble or setup about which question you're answering or anything like that...just your answer is fine) :)

Also: no need to introduce yourself on this part. In fact, please don't. :) we want different people's answers to meld together and flow nicely, and everyone stopping to introduce themselves breaks the flow. Rest assured, you will get "credit", we've worked something for that.

you don't have to answer these word-for word...just any *short* bit about how or why you came to be a librivoxian :)

Once you've recorded:
1. Please listen to your recording just to make sure the volume is reasonably audible and there isn't a ton of background noise.
... keep in mind that it is going to be blended together later with other people's recordings :)

2.please name your file like so:

interview_yourscreenname.mp3 or .wav Please name it with the name you use on the forums, so we are sure who it came from example: (interview_mermaidmaddie.wav)

If you're not using Internet explorer, You may upload it here here and follow the instructions for uploading. password is upl0ad1t, that's a zero in place of the letter o, and a number 1 in place of the i. This is where the bloopers are going too, that's why I am being a bit picky about filenames, to keep things organized :)

or you can post it on your own space and send us a link.
These would be preferred, but it you cannot do either of those, you can always send it to yourself at yousendit and post the link you generate here.
At any rate, please let us know if you've uploaded yours so we know to keep an eye out for it. :)

PART THREE (also open to everyone.)

We just need people to record themselves saying "happy birthday, librivox" . This is going to be made into a chorus of voices as part of the ending. Reminder: Final Deadline for this part only is July 22nd

Note: We Would LOVE to have the "happy birthday" part recorded in as many languages as possible!!!

so this part would be named
birthday_yourscreenname.wav (.wav would be preferred for this, since it's short and these files will be undergoing alot of saving and re-saving as we edit it all together.)

You may send your "birthday" and name as one file because starlite is editing both (as long as you get them in by the deadline) ;)

but please do not send your name in the same file as the interview...I'm editing the interviews, Starlite's editing the names...it would create too much confusion. Thanks.

AND ONE LAST PART: If you would like to be credited in the program itself (either way, we'll make up a printed list so everyone will know what is being read/said by whom...), please record a small wav in which you simply say your name, to be compiled in a list at the very end.

My personal preference for this particular project is that you record your name as you're known on the forums, since not everyone listening will know someone by their first and last name. but ultimately it is being left up to you...if you prefer to use your actual name then have at it. :)

please name your file: yourname.wav
(obviously, filling in your own name :roll:)

Again, any questions, please ask.

Oh and one more thing...The Big Day is in less than three weeks!!!!! (August 10th).
So if you want to help out with any aspect of getting this ready on time, please contact one of us and let us know ASAP

We already have one person who has graciously offered to help with editing. If anyone else is willing to help Starlite and I out, now would be a good time to let us know! ;)
=)
Last edited by MermaidMaddie on July 21st, 2006, 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[color=green]"Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true...we call it 'history'. "[/color]

[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/MermaidMaddie][color=purple]MermaidMaddie's Wiki Page[/color][/url]

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 11th, 2006, 4:09 am

I will post a "Happy Birthday Librivox" file here shortly and anyone who wants to record this bit can folow me for timing......... :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 11th, 2006, 4:25 am

Starlite wrote:I will post a "Happy Birthday Librivox" file here shortly and anyone who wants to record this bit can folow me for timing......... :)
And here it is (I used Yousendit so you can download right away and get started on this without having to wait for our MC (Anita?) to move it over to the public space....................... :)

best link:
http://librivox.gesine.org/ardobbs/birthday/Birthday_Starlite.wav

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=852EEB5566635F26

Edit
If you like, you can add a whoop and hip hip hurray at the end too!

LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady » July 11th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Maddie - I don't think people are going to find this here in the poetry/prose section. Even though technically this is a short work type of project, I think it is better off in the same forum as the other anniversary threads so non poetry/prose people will actually see it! Hope you don't mind me moving it there. :)
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 11th, 2006, 4:34 pm

LibraryLady wrote:Maddie - I don't think people are going to find this here in the poetry/prose section. Even though technically this is a short work type of project, I think it is better off in the same forum as the other anniversary threads so non poetry/prose people will actually see it! Hope you don't mind me moving it there. :)
WHAT :shock: People don't read EVERY post????? My vote is to move it where it can be seen. Now for Maddie's vote..........

kri

Post by kri » July 11th, 2006, 7:34 pm

You were right to move it, because at least I didn't see it in poetry. I don't pay much attention to poetry :oops:

LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady » July 11th, 2006, 7:36 pm

kri wrote:You were right to move it, because at least I didn't see it in poetry. I don't pay much attention to poetry :oops:
No need to be embarrassed, I think people all have their specialty areas that they focus in but I think everyone visits this forum pretty regularly.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman

kri

Post by kri » July 11th, 2006, 8:25 pm

MermaidMaddie

Post by MermaidMaddie » July 12th, 2006, 3:28 am

Thank you so much, kri :D That's great!

Starlite, since you asked earlier, I did my "happy birthday" and sent it to the uploader. Hopefully I don't sound too groggy on it :roll:
[color=green]"Elphaba, where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true...we call it 'history'. "[/color]

[url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/MermaidMaddie][color=purple]MermaidMaddie's Wiki Page[/color][/url]

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 12th, 2006, 7:24 am

MermaidMaddie wrote:Thank you so much, kri :D That's great!

Starlite, since you asked earlier, I did my "happy birthday" and sent it to the uploader. Hopefully I don't sound too groggy on it :roll:

Got it! Oh and can you both (kri and maddie) do one with just your name as you would like to be credited? I think it would be ok to have the "happy birthday Librivox" and your name all in one file as I will edit both bits.

More files needed!! :)

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa » July 12th, 2006, 8:08 am

Would you like me to answer to the interview or say "Happy birthday LibriVox" in French (and Dutch for the later) :? ? Or is it English only?

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 12th, 2006, 8:26 am

ezwa wrote:Would you like me to answer to the interview or say "Happy birthday LibriVox" in French (and Dutch for the later) :? ? Or is it English only?

WOW I would love for you to do the interview in english but the happy birthday in both french and dutch (my parents are dutch so I could actualy understand it) :)

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa » July 12th, 2006, 8:44 am

And how should I name the files? Would : <birthday_ezwa_French.wav> and <birthday_ezwa_Dutch.wav> be alright?

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 12th, 2006, 9:15 am

ezwa wrote:And how should I name the files? Would : <birthday_ezwa_French.wav> and <birthday_ezwa_Dutch.wav> be alright?

Sounds perfect and say your name as you would like to be credited at the end of ONE file for all the birthday stuff ( the interview in a separate file please) Thanks :)

Starlite

Post by Starlite » July 12th, 2006, 9:20 am

ezwa brought up an intersting point. I would LOVE to have "Happy Birthday Libirvox" recorded in ANY language!