'Thank you' messages for LibriVox readers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for all readers of Little Women via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I am new to Librivox… just discovered it…

This e-mail comes to you to tell all of you who recorded “Little Women” just how much I enjoyed listening to it. You guys brought the book to life for me.. It had always been one of my favorites but listening to it was a very moving experience.So thank you for all the time and effort all of you put in to bring such joy to everyone listening.

I particularly enjoyed listening to Mary Anderson. She has a wonderfully warm and smiling voice and that makes everything she reads magical … :)

And thank you Librivox for doing this…

Cheers

Gopika
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Stewart Wills (ahab) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Stuart,

Outstanding job with Herman Melvilles classic novel [Moby Dick]. Herman really challenges the readers with a poetic display of vocabulary, and you gave a near flawless performance. You really did the book justice and I enjoyed listening to it very much. Can't wait to listen to more readings from you.

Thanks,
Victor
St. Louis, MO
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Big thank you to Ruth Golding (RuthieG) for her recording of The Woman Who Did by Grant Allen. Interesting book, and Ruth's reading as brilliant and lovely and spot-on as always.

Gesine
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Why, thank you! :D Thank you messages really are a tonic! :D
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for all readers via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
a BIG Thank You to the readers of The Kingdom of God is Within You
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Gord Mackenzie (GordMackenzie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Gord Mackenzie
Thank you
The reading of Walden is supurb, your voice is so lovely, it is like you are the author and he is in the room telling the story to me.

kind regards
kris
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) uncle via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Torias Uncle

I just listened to the book “souls of Black Folks” by W.E.B. DuBois. I must say you did an outstanding job. Thanks so much and keep up the good work.

Ray H.
mclare

Post by mclare »

I introduced my sister to Librivox and she listened to David Copperfield and fell in love with Simon Evers from his sections there. Now I have also fallen in love with his voice and of course searched and shown her how to search for more of his work.

http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1255

Mary Clare (and betsy) CA and OR, US
kayray

Post by kayray »

I just finished Chocoholic's (Laurie Anne Walden's) lovely recording of the Sherlock Holmes novel, A Study in Scarlet. It kept me entertained while I knitted the boring ribbing bands on a sweater :) Great job, Choc!

http://librivox.org/a-study-in-scarlet-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/

(All of Laurie Anne's solos here!)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

I have two readers I'd especially like to thank!

I listened to "Told After Supper" read by Ruth Golding, and it was fantastic! She does so well with her expressiveness, and her voice and accent is perfect for the richness of the language. Without giving anything away, the scene inside the Blue Room is priceless, and Ruth really hit the marks. I did the laughing out loud in public thing more than once.

The other reader I wanted to give kudos to is Cori Samuel for her excellent rendition of "Mathilda". It's an excrutiating story, but Cori breathed soul into it (the story, not the microphone!). Her voice, inflections and accent fit perfectly with the narrator (at least to one American ear), and her recording quality is always awesome. I wasn't sure I could listen to the whole story but she made it captivating.

Lastly I have to thank the many people on this site who are so helpful and patient with newcomers like me. I've asked what I realize now were some really ignorant and dumb questions, without looking in the proper place first, etc., etc. Not once have I been berated or mocked in the fashion I so richly deserved, and I pledge to carry that forward to the best of my ability (though I'm sure I'm not done yet with the questions). There are many forums that could learn quite a lot in civility from this one.
DebraLynn

Post by DebraLynn »

Cori and Ruth are another two of my favorite readers, too. I haven't listened to "Told After Supper" yet, but I'm sure it's up to Ruth's usual fine standards. I did hear "Mathilda," though and I agree that Cori's reading was spot-on for evoking the pain and the creepiness of the story. I add my kudos to those of Samanem. :thumbs:
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1166][b][color=violet]"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" (Groucho Marx)[/color][/b][/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Julie VW (Julila) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Wonderful reading [of "The Pomegranate Seed," a Tanglewood Tale], very expressive and lovely voice!

Thank you so much. I hope to find others if you have done any more readings.

Lucy
Julie's other recordings can be found here.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for ianish (ianish) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
What a wonderful voice! I hope you have a chance to record it more,
because such a voice should be heard by as many people as possible.

I found your recording of Tobermory by chance, and it was so remarkable I
have downloaded other of your readings.

Thank you so much for a lovely experience!

Lucy R.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for J A Carter (Pleonic) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks to J A Carter for his reading of G. K. Chesterton's Orthodoxy. The reading is clear, nuanced in tone, and shows great understanding of Chesterton's humor, which is so important with a book like this. As a theology teacher who commutes 1.5 hours daily, it's wonderful to have a talented reader making recordings of the theological classics.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to comment on a reader, Karen Savage, who has read things in Spanish. She is a great reader! I'll look for more of her work on Librivox.

Sincerely,
MK.-P.
Karen's LibriVox recordings are here.

More praise:
Dear Karen,

I'm writing to thank you for your wonderful readings for Librivox. Several long car journeys with our two children (Bridget, 6, and Tom, 4) have been made not just bearable but positively delightful by your readings of The Railway Children and Anne of Green Gables. Of course, you did make the driver cry (especially at the end of the Railway Children - you capture Bobby's greeting to her father on the platform so well!), but we won't hold that against you! Thank you for such expressive, enjoyable, and versatile performances. If you ever felt like doing more solo readings of other E. Nesbit works, you would find a family of eager listeners here.

All best wishes,

Mike, Hester, Bridget and Tom.
And yet more praise!
Just to thank Karen Savage for her Librivox recordings – so brilliantly done with the right mix of clarity and interpretation. They shine out.

Julie F.