'Thank you' messages for LibriVox readers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Diana Kiesners (minna) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Diana,

About a year ago I listened to The Enchanted April on my mp3 player while I walked each day. Your voice was perfect for the work, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I couldn’t wait to hear the next chapter, and I missed it when it ended!

Please consider reading more of Elizabeth Von Arnin’s writing for LibriVox.

Thank you!

Ann S.

Newport NH
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Elizabeth Klett (gloriana) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
This is to Elizabeth Klett:

You are truly gifted. I recently moved and began a long commute to and from work. It was the worst part of my day and felt like a terrific waste of time. Then I discovered Librivox, which was wonderful, and better still the books you have narrated. So far, I have only listened to two. I am eager, however, to listen to each of "your" books. You do a marvelous job and your work is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Linda B.
Elizabeth's recordings can be found here.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Mark F. Smith (Kaffen) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mr. Smith,

I would like to thank you very much for the books you have read for Librovox.org. I have listened to several and believe my favorites so far have been The Young Railroaders and Kidnapped.
I appreciate the time and effort you have gone to to make these books available in audio form.

Elaine J.
And more praise for Mark:
Please tell Mark Smith who read the River War how much I enjoyed his reading.
And yet another one:
Dear Librivox,
I would like to thank Mark F. Smith for his reading of The River War. It was a terrific experience to hear Mr. Churchill's story come alive through Mark's reading. My friend and I listened to it over the last couple of days and it was wonderful. I am an instant fan and will download anything else Mark reads.

A Dedicated Listener,
David A.
Last edited by Gesine on May 16th, 2010, 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for John Taylor (JohnTRN) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
He has read numerous stories in the Ghost Story collections, and he is my favorite of all the readers. His diction, phrasing, pronunciation, and interpretation are wondrous.

a listener in Madison, Wisconsin
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Moira Fogarty (pipesdreams) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Miss Fogarty,

I am currently listening to Emma by Jane Austen that you read for Librivox. Your reading voice is very pleasant, and I appreciate how you subtly change the sound of your voice for the different characters. You succeed at making it clear who is speaking without sounding stilted or self conscious. I have listened to many books from Librivox, and I find your voice to be one of the easiest to listen to.

Thank you for reading, please continue.

Sincerely,

Autumn
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Carolyn Frances (ltlmiss) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Carolyn Frances,

I don't usually write thank you letters to strangers... but I have downloaded just about every one of your recordings of short stories that I can find. It's a joke between my fiance and I... I'll be going to sleep listening to a children's story (my favorite is the Ugly Duckling of your recordings).

You have such a relaxing and engaging voice. Do you, by chance, have an relaxation/meditation recordings? I know, personally, I would buy all of them! You would certainly have a good following if you ever go that route.

Let me know!

Thanks!
Amarie D.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for D.E. Wittkower (d.e.wittkower) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for reading Descartes' Meditations. It's really helpful and read perfectly. Thank you very much.

Sincerely
Haroon
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for John Gonzalez (johngon) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank John Gonzalaz for the first class reading of my favorite book, the picture of Dorian Gray. each time I set to listen to a section I was not only excited about the material, but the heart and soul put into it by Mr. Gonzalaz. He should be recognized and commended for the job very well done, and he has inspired me to volunteer to read and record here as well. Again, bravo John, and I look foeward to more.

Arick Z.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Judy Bieber (jbieber) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Judy Bieber -

Thank you so much for your fantastic reading - my son (and me!) have enjoyed all of your readings of the Oz books! They have taken all of the pain out of our car journeys to and from work and school over the last few weeks!

Thanks again

Avril.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Andrea Fiore (AndreaFiore) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good evening Andrea,

Thank you very much for your beautiful recordings of James Allen's works
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for John Greenman (johng) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wanted to let the folks at Librivox know how much I have enjoyed the recordings of the works of Mark Twain read by John Greenman. He does a great job, and I have spent many happy hours revisiting books that I read years ago and can now enjoy again in recorded form. Many thanks to Mr. Greenman and the other volunteers who make these projects possible.
Sincerely,
Kathleen S
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Mark Barnes (Mark Barnes) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sermon 191 Charles Spurgeon Read by Mark Bonns (sp?)

Wow, what a delivery. Thank you so much for your moving version of this great sermon.

--Jake P
Last edited by Gesine on May 16th, 2010, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Elizabeth Klett (gloriana) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Elizabeth Klett

I would like to thank you for your wonderful recording of 'Lady Audley's
Secret'
. I enjoyed listening to every word. You read absolutely
beautifully and you definitely brought the book to life. Your
personalisation of the characters was superb.

Thank you for putting so much effort into this recording.

Love, Sue M
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for toriasuncle (toriasuncle) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your heartfelt reading of the Souls of Black Folks.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Praise for Clive Catterall (CliveCatterall) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I recently listened to The White Company by Sir A. C. Doyle, read by Clive Caterrall, and it was one of my favorite Librivox experiences. He did an excellent job with the different characters, and with the expression of rising tension and action. It was very easy to listen to - he was part of the story.

An excellent job! I wish Mr. Caterrall had done more recordings, and I hope he will in the future!

Dennis S