Thread Header: "All in this thread are current"

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

In many forums (fora?), posts are displaced down the threads by more topical posts, eventually drifting into archive space. However, in this forum, in most of the threads that directly involve reading, all of the posts are current. This is specially true of "Readers Wanted", where every posted work is waiting for one or more readers before it can move on to the catalogue. I know this is mentioned in the sticky at the top of the thread, but would it be possible to put a note about it in the actual header of the thread, so it's obvious to everyone opening the thread?

Something like "every single work in this thread is waiting for a reader"

After all, if people are used to conventional forums, they'll expect the posts further down a thread to be out-dated, no longer valid, and they won't bother to scroll down to see current books that might interest them.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
kayray

Post by kayray »

Good idea. I'll see what I can do!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Kara

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

hmmmm... I don't completely understand... would you give me an example so I can try to better understand what you mean? =)

EDIT: Ok, I get it now that I've seen the sticky thread Kara posted in the Readers Wanted area... Great idea! Peter, thanks for suggesting it... Kara, thanks for putting it into action! =)
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!